Who should start vs CLE?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start vs CLE?

• Heinicke
    • Wentz
    • Howell
    • It doesn’t matter we aren’t making the playoffs

20 hours ago, Scott Land said:

Taylor fumbled against the giants and lead to 7 points that's more than 2, and we could've kicked a field goal to win then. If you want to go by that. And don't say anything about that being on Carson and that it's the oline's fault for Taylor's because they were identical. 

The offense also put up 27 points in the 2nd half alone, and the defense couldn't stop Jared Goff, Amon Ra, and Deandre Swift. 

We were down 22-0. You wonder why we abandoned the run game that day?

When you’re down 22-0 at halftime you have to throw it in the 2nd half.

And, I 100% agree that we didn’t stop the Lions as well but, our O should’ve never put up 0 in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I already touched on this earlier either in this thread or a different one, they all kind of blend. 

I absolutely think the same people crying foul now would have rationalized benching Wentz if it was the other way around. 

All anyone has done is prove that Heinicke did not play the QB position better than Wentz did and still credit him for "getting us to this position". 

It's absolutely insane to me to think that with EVERYONE around him playing significantly better than when he was the starter, that everyone expects him to be worse than Heinicke or even worse than his first 6 games. 

You all got your opinions. Everyone is entitled to that, I just hope that, regardless of if he plays good or bad, people can own up to how ridiculous these discussions are. 

Also, the salary point is stupid for the rest of this season. Is he overpaid, absolutely. Did we know he would be when they traded for him? Absolutely. I am more happy that the change happened when Carson could not reach the snaps threshold to push us into giving up our 2nd round pick. 

So you think Heinicke played ZERO part in the teams turn around? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I was for the trade, and still think that the trade was worth a shot.  But I saw nothing from Wentz earlier in the season to give me any confidence in him. I have no interest in continuing on with him next season and believe his cap amount could be better spent elsewhere.  I also believe we are in a position to maybe make the playoffs because of Heinicke and I’m of the mind that we should reward the player that got us here. Additionally, I have no attachment to Wentz whatsoever, we didn’t draft him and I don’t really consider him a Washington player.  Heinicke on the otherhand we basically gave him his career making him easy to root for.  

You saw nothing from him to give you any confidence, yet Taylor's numbers are worse and that's where the allegiance lies...

I am quite sick of people saying that we are in a position to make the postseason because of Taylor Heinicke. Tress Way has done more to put us in a position to make the playoffs than Taylor Heinicke. I don't know what fantasy island people been watching our games on, but we are not here because of Taylor Heinicke. Anyone that says that should be ashamed for diminishing the improvements that EVERY other position has made to get to this point. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

You saw nothing from him to give you any confidence, yet Taylor's numbers are worse and that's where the allegiance lies...

I am quite sick of people saying that we are in a position to make the postseason because of Taylor Heinicke. Tress Way has done more to put us in a position to make the playoffs than Taylor Heinicke. I don't know what fantasy island people been watching our games on, but we are not here because of Taylor Heinicke. Anyone that says that should be ashamed for diminishing the improvements that EVERY other position has made to get to this point. 

Oh come on. Don't be ridiculous. Tress Way has done more? Seriously lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

So you think Heinicke played ZERO part in the teams turn around? 

I think, besides the last 3 games, that he played well enough to not lose us the game. I certainly do not feel the QB play has been a boon for us at all this year. 

I absolutely wouldn't say ZERO part, but we didn't improve because of him. That notion is 100% wrong.

20 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

@Scott Land its not worth it man. They fancy Taylor Heinicke. Its a personal preference thing. I've seen every poster who is crowning Heinicke complain about both QBs when they play poorly. Its not like they aren't reasonable when the games are on. Some people wanted Rex Grossman, some wanted John Beck. They both sucked. It's the same thing here IMO. 

It’s not that I’m some Heinicke lover. I wanted him upgraded last off-season w/ a better QB sadly, it doesn’t seem like we have. It seems we’ve found a QB with similar issues to Heinicke w/ accuracy problems but is less mobile, handles pressure worse & doesn’t process as quickly as Heinicke does.

The reason I’m for Heinicke now is bc Wentz showed me very little in September that he was the better option. I don’t believe in Wentz. I at least believe Heinicke & the run game can keep us in the game & then we’ll see what happens in the final 5 minutes. Heinicke has won 5 of those & he’s lost 3 of them while tying 1.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I think, besides the last 3 games, that he played well enough to not lose us the game. I certainly do not feel the QB play has been a boon for us at all this year. 

I absolutely wouldn't say ZERO part, but we didn't improve because of him. That notion is 100% wrong.

He played a part in the teams improvement. He wasn't the only reason the team turned things around but chalking it all up to coincidence that the team went on a run the moment Wentz went down is just crazy. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not that I’m some Heinicke lover. I wanted him upgraded last off-season w/ a better QB sadly, it doesn’t seem like we have. It seems we’ve found a QB with similar issues to Heinicke w/ accuracy problems but is less mobile, handles pressure worse & doesn’t process as quickly as Heinicke does.

The reason I’m for Heinicke now is bc Wentz showed me very little in September that he was the better option. I don’t believe in Wentz. I at least believe Heinicke & the run game can keep us in the game & then we’ll see what happens in the final 5 minutes. Heinicke has won 5 of those & he’s lost 3 of them while tying 1.

I don't begrudge you for preferring Heinicke. Everyone has their preferences. I think the switch back to Carson was the right choice. 

Also, the notion that Taylor is more mobile, while on paper is true, Wentz has 17 rushing yards less on the season, while playing in 3 less games. 

You and I both agree that we need to upgrade the QB position still. 

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We were down 22-0. You wonder why we abandoned the run game that day?

When you’re down 22-0 at halftime you have to throw it in the 2nd half.

And, I 100% agree that we didn’t stop the Lions as well but, our O should’ve never put up 0 in the first half. 

What did I say in that post that has anything to do with them running the ball that game? Special teams gave up a 52 yard return that led to a 3 play touchdown drive, never should've done that. The defense never should have given up 22 points at half (sorry 20 due to the safety). Deandre Swift never should've fallen down, got up, and walked into the endzone for a 22 yard touchdown. Do you want me to continue with things that never SHOULD happen?

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He played a part in the teams improvement. He wasn't the only reason the team turned things around but chalking it all up to coincidence that the team went on a run the moment Wentz went down is just crazy. 

The defense had already started to turn things around week 6 against Chicago. They only got better from there. 

Again, if Wentz doesn't get injured, I believe the team still turns it around. You all don't. No way for any of us to find out, but I stand by my statement that the QB play did not improve during our winning streak and any games after.

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/carson-wentz/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/taylor-heinicke/

I have yet to go through this @Slappy Mc. I'm posting these blind for the most part so if Wentz has been better these will certainly show that. 

I wish I could compare both together on one screen.  When I get home, ill do a side by side comparison to get a better grasp on what you are showing me. 

Also, I don't know that site, but I like the stats they keep. I'm a little curious on their algorithm for some categories, but it's way better than the NFL's stat page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I wish I could compare both together on one screen.  When I get home, ill do a side by side comparison to get a better grasp on what you are showing me. 

Also, I don't know that site, but I like the stats they keep. I'm a little curious on their algorithm for some categories, but it's way better than the NFL's stat page.

I have a dual monitor set up so I can lol. I just haven't had the time yet.