2018 QBs

brooks1957

6 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Pretty bold comment from the commentator to say that he thinks Allen will  be the overall #1 pick.  

Might he be right?  

Yeah I thought that was a little over the top!  Could be though, I have a feeling scouts are higher on him than us amateurs. I still like him but he’s too incomplete for me to put him at 1. Also still too early for me to anoint anybody yet. Got a ways to go. 

9 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Pretty bold comment from the commentator to say that he thinks Allen will  be the overall #1 pick.  

Might he be right?  

Prisoner of the moment I think. I'm sure he'd say the same about the others if he was commentating on a USC or UCLA game.

I think Allen could've ended up at 1 overall in a weak draft, because his tools and showing them off in the predraft would pump him up and make him the alpha of the class. But when there's such a clean prospect as Rosen, and another toolsy guy that actually plays the game much better in Darnold, I don't think there's a chance.

12 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

His arm... oh my god. Did you see the whip he put on the skinny post?! And the beauty from midfield. And showing the wheels on another TD.

3TDs in 6 pass attempts. In front of John Elway...

Yep. I hope Dorsey has somebody there and not having dinner with Hue. 

I almost don't like it when this happens. I've long settled on Darnold as my guy. Then over the last few weeks as more doubt has crept in about him declaring, I've talked myself nicely into Rosen as the consolation prize. Now Josh Allen and his meh college career throws up this bowl game blockbuster of ridiculous throws and A+ physical ability. I already knew he had that but to leave that as the last look we get of him. That's going to stay in my mind.

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This is the only thread from which posts are passed through to my email.

Any ideas as to why that might be happening?

Try opening the tab at the top of the page, clicking on 'Account' and then 'Manage Followed Content'.

I'm not sure if that's the reason but perhaps you are following this 2018 QB thread and it's linking everything straight to your email?

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

Try opening the tab at the top of the page, clicking on 'Account' and then 'Manage Followed Content'.

I'm not sure if that's the reason but perhaps you are following this 2018 QB thread and it's linking everything straight to your email?

Ty.

38 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I almost don't like it when this happens. I've long settled on Darnold as my guy. Then over the last few weeks as more doubt has crept in about him declaring, I've talked myself nicely into Rosen as the consolation prize. Now Josh Allen and his meh college career throws up this bowl game blockbuster of ridiculous throws and A+ physical ability. I already knew he had that but to leave that as the last look we get of him. That's going to stay in my mind.

The other side of that is why has he not performed better with his ABSURD physical talent?

Talent is great, but if you can't play the game it doesn't much matter.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The other side of that is why has he not performed better with his ABSURD physical talent?

Talent is great, but if you can't play the game it doesn't much matter.

I get his point, though.

The observed performance plants a seed of doubt.

I really hope Hue isn't there to pick the QB and 'tutor' him. Which is weird because two years ago I thought he was a QB savant and one of the best you could hope for.

Whoever it ends up being, he needs a young, offensive minded coach to help him. Like McVay and Goff. Not Hue who will be too busy throwing him under the bus at the first sign of growing pains.

Archived