2022 GDT 7-8 Steelers visit 10-5 Ravens

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

You have to say so. You can move the ball but if you ain’t putting up points, that’s a big problem.

To me, the lack of EZ shots from the "maroon zone" (20-40 yard line) is what does it for me.  That's the spot to pull a PA post to Pickens all day.  Split it with a deep out from Freiermuth, then a comeback from DJ on the other side.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Last 4 games, into the RZ so easily then just nothing to get points.

plus no big plays being schemed up

honestly I'm giving credit to offense improvement more to the O-line and the coaching there ..it helps that all those guys have remained healthy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Yup.  For as much of a tactician DJ is he really struggles to get open in the EZ.

I think it was Kenny just trying to make a play and hoping Sims saw it.  There was nothing on that play.

We don’t agree often…but they need something more going forward.

Now whether that’s this offseason or next I’m not sure….I’m all about pulling a Dolphins/Eagles/Bills and getting a stud WR in the next year or 2…picks and $$$ be damned, especially $$$ which they have plenty of going forward.

And that helps Kenny…or the next guy after him.

• Like 1

Just now, Squanchy said:

Usually there’s always the thought of “the grass isn’t always greener”. I sure as **** know this is the exception to the rule. 

This isn't a thought of that.  It's true.  Like I said, it's very much an offense that relies on "cuteness" in the RZ and it's so easily stopped.  And to me it's not that we can't line up and smash mouth.  It's that we can't put together route concepts that get someone open.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

We don’t agree often…but they need something more going forward.

Now whether that’s this offseason or next I’m not sure….I’m all about pulling a Dolphins/Eagles/Bills and getting a stud WR in the next year or 2…picks and $$$ be damned, especially $$$ which they have plenty of going forward.

And that helps Kenny…or the next guy after him.

I think Mike Evans will be on the block this summer.