ThanksGiving Mock. 3 Rounds.

zappa13004

You can take the Chargers out of Top 10. Their Thanksgiving BEATDOWN of the 'boys catapulted them to the 15 pick and don't think they will be stopping soon. 

So they should go for best talent available. Lamar Jackson if fell would help out the future at the QB position. A more pressing need is  run stopping DT as Mebane worn out and Luiget is the most overrated lineman in the league. Vita Vea would a ideal pick. After that go OT, WR, S, CB

8 hours ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

This is awful for the Cardinals. First off, what makes you think we'll be drafting 15th? Secondly, Mason Rudolph is not a first round prospect. Give me Baker in the 2nd round. Thirdly, we need IOL not so much an OT. It would suck to have Braden Smith (who I am very high on) go one pick before us in round 2. Give us a WR in round 3 like Auden Tate. We need someone who can win 50/50 balls.

Why dont you read before to write your anger ? Try again : "Not based on my projection, not a playoff picture, based on current standings". So then we'll discuss about picks if you want..

5 hours ago, Classic said:

You can take the Chargers out of Top 10. Their Thanksgiving BEATDOWN of the 'boys catapulted them to the 15 pick and don't think they will be stopping soon. 

So they should go for best talent available. Lamar Jackson if fell would help out the future at the QB position. A more pressing need is  run stopping DT as Mebane worn out and Luiget is the most overrated lineman in the league. Vita Vea would a ideal pick. After that go OT, WR, S, CB

Mock made and posted before TG games. About run stop, your "more pressing need", i agree and thats why i made a 3 rounds mock.

9 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

And I prefer Dante Pettis over Cain, but that's nitpicking

I prefer Pettis over Cain too. But with Taylor, Goodwin and Robinson i think a WR with better size to go along Garçon is needed. And writing it i check and i realize they both have same size ! So Pettis would be nice (even if Cain isn't garbage)..

For the 49ers...

We see Barkley mocked a lot to us, and I Have no complaints regarding him. Like Fournette last year, I would happily take him. That being said, I just can't see Shanahan pulling the trigger on that. I think he's a scheme over talent guy. His father was never big on taking running backs early, and in most of his stops, he's utilized mid and late round guys on his own as well (granted, as a coordinator, so I don't know how much say he has in the draft, but still). If we stay at #2 in the order, I don't think that there's any way in which we don't trade out, particularly if all the quarterbacks declare, but assuming no trades in this mock, I don't have a problem with Barkley, I'd just be somewhat surprised if that's the pick that is made. 

In round 2, Miller doesn't really fit a need for us. We are fine at tackle. In fact, despite the lack of talent on the team overall, I'd say we actually have one of the better tackle pairings in the NFL. Most people know Staley, and he's still a fine left tackle. Most people probably don't know Trent Brown on the right side, but he's absolutely legit. Going to get a big contract extension this off season, I'm thinking. The interior of our line, however, is a mess. As Danish said, Ragnow would make a lot of sense there, but so would the best edge rusher, cornerback or wide receiver. The picks in round 3 are fine - I may go with different players, but the positions are good. Overall though, pretty solid for the 49ers. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

For the 49ers...

We see Barkley mocked a lot to us, and I Have no complaints regarding him. Like Fournette last year, I would happily take him. That being said, I just can't see Shanahan pulling the trigger on that. I think he's a scheme over talent guy. His father was never big on taking running backs early, and in most of his stops, he's utilized mid and late round guys on his own as well (granted, as a coordinator, so I don't know how much say he has in the draft, but still). If we stay at #2 in the order, I don't think that there's any way in which we don't trade out, particularly if all the quarterbacks declare, but assuming no trades in this mock, I don't have a problem with Barkley, I'd just be somewhat surprised if that's the pick that is made. 

In round 2, Miller doesn't really fit a need for us. We are fine at tackle. In fact, despite the lack of talent on the team overall, I'd say we actually have one of the better tackle pairings in the NFL. Most people know Staley, and he's still a fine left tackle. Most people probably don't know Trent Brown on the right side, but he's absolutely legit. Going to get a big contract extension this off season, I'm thinking. The interior of our line, however, is a mess. As Danish said, Ragnow would make a lot of sense there, but so would the best edge rusher, cornerback or wide receiver. The picks in round 3 are fine - I may go with different players, but the positions are good. Overall though, pretty solid for the 49ers. 

Thanks for feedback. I know about Trent Brown so the Kolton Miller's pick wasn't for a supposed upgrade but because Staley is 33. Now than two Niners' fans talk about it, i've just checked and i see Staley is signed until 2020 so you probably right. I know he is still good but with age i thought about bringing in a future replacement but maybe it is too early to take someone for the future.

I replied yet to the Danish fan about Cain and about Jaire Alexander, i did hesitate with Okoronkwo, undersized but an edge guy would be nice, glad you confirm that. About Barkley this is my thought : I do not see the RB position as a great need. Hyde isn't great but good enough and could get a new contract. I rememer the story of Shany "in love" with Joe Williams before the draft and when healthy maybe he could be a nice player ? What i mean is Barkley is not a RB to me but the BPA, a special player and a special character and thats why i see him as a can't miss. But of course if they can work again a trade down, someone like Arden Key or Fitzpatrick would be nice.

10 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

id be sorry for that !

Lol, me too!!!  My stomach is queasy just thinking about it.......but maybe it's all the turkey I ate.  Please not Thomas in round 2.  We have enough LBs that can't stay on the field.  In your draft scenario I'm certain we would go TE over LB, although who knows what the free agency period will bring.

6 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Lol, me too!!!  My stomach is queasy just thinking about it.......but maybe it's all the turkey I ate.  Please not Thomas in round 2.  We have enough LBs that can't stay on the field.  In your draft scenario I'm certain we would go TE over LB, although who knows what the free agency period will bring.

okay. #turkeyoverdose

Archived