week 12 other games

paraven

Well, our best chance of getting to the playoffs is our competition screwing up worse than we most likely will, so lets root for the Tyron Smith-less Cowboys against the Chargers, The brown Browns against the Bengals, The back-to-normal Alex Smith and Chiefs over the Bills, Our future DC and his team beating the Titans, root for the Panthers and last but not least, root for the dark side of the force and the QB that must drink the blood of the unborn (or something)

46 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

we're going to need 10 wins with how the chargers are playing

We might have en "easy" remaining schedule, but the Chargers schedule are equally week. They have been a better team than us, more stupid, but better. We threw games against the Bears and Titans, and especially the last one kills us in the AFC race.

Interestingly, according to the ESPN playoff machine, if we finish 9-7 (with losses to Pit and Det) tied with LAC, then we would have the tie breaker for the 6th seed.  This may be by virtue of conference record (we would be 8--4 against AFC and 1-3 against NFC), but I'm not 100% sure.

Also Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I will try to post around here more down the stretch.  I've been travelling like crazy as of late.

The Bills beating the Chiefs is interesting. On the surface it appears bad with the Bills tied with us in the loss column, but they still have the Pats twice so 7 losses is likely for them. The Chiefs may just be slipping out of the playoffs which could be a break for us if the Chargers keep on the tear they have been on. They (chargers) may be a 10 win division champ instead of a 10 win 6th seed if they run the table. 

The TItans are very uninspiring (we really should have been able to beat them) but they and the Jaguars are basically locked into 2 playoff spots.  So, it's all about that 6 spot.

Still looking like we need to shoot for 10 wins, but will be very in the mix with 9. 

The playoff race last night certainly got tighter. It seemed several teams could be in the mix for both 5th and 6th seed, but now it seems the 6th seed at least have to keep pace with the Titans and winner of the AFC W.

I predicted an 9-7 season before week 1, that might not even be enough anymore.

Archived