Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

oh yeah 100% he is allowed to sign right now. 
the question asked was why doesnt he have a market in FA . . . so i was just being an a55 🤣

saying there is no market for carr right now, when he has visited mult teams, imo doesnt require a thoughout response. 
literally no reason for carr to rush into it but again, our fanbase somehow think that means no one wants carr. 

Haha I agree that it doesn't require a response as the premis that he doesn't have a market is straight nonsense and NYR knows it.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Carr flops with his next team and wins 4ish games next year then JM made the right move, regardless of how the Raiders do.  

JM made the right move. Carr is not winning a super bowl as a starter with the Raiders or his next team. It was time to move on. Ill take any of the "bum" QB's this year if it leads to a  young stud next year. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again it's not as simple as wins and losses.  There has to be context but for the sake of going back and forth with you I will say this.  

If Carr flops with his next team and wins 4ish games next year then JM made the right move, regardless of how the Raiders do.  

The most likely scenario however is Carr takes his time and goes to an ideal situation which will most likely yield a playoff birth.  If he picks the right scenario he should be in a situation with stability, improved play calling, some decent weapons, an improved Oline and most importantly a significantly upgraded D.  

A playoff birth for Carr and a 4ish win season for the Raiders with a stop gap bum is not only a bad look but will most likely gets JM canned. 

So based on the W/L logic you’re using are you admitting wins are a QB stat?

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So based on the W/L logic you’re using are you admitting wins are a QB stat?

Are you ******* kidding me?  Did you not read what I said?

W/L are not a QB stat as football is quite dynamic.  This should be obvious to anyone who understands football.   There needs to be context behind every win and loss. 

If a QB has a passer rating of zero and wins the game is that win on the QB? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Are you ******* kidding me?  Did you not read what I said?

W/L are not a QB stat as football is quite dynamic.  This should be obvious to anyone who understands football.   There needs to be context behind every win and loss. 

If a QB has a passer rating of zero and wins the game is that win on the QB? 

if wins and losses aren't a QB stat then why would Carr's next team winning 4 games prove JDM right but if he makes the playoffs we look foolish?

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha I agree that it doesn't require a response as the premis that he doesn't have a market is straight nonsense and NYR knows it.  

Only one team (Saints) actually made a trade offer for him and the only other team that called on him was the Jets.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

if wins and losses aren't a QB stat then why would Carr's next team winning 4 games prove JDM right but if he makes the playoffs we look foolish?

You're like a broken record and you'e once again wasting my time.  What part of, "for the sake of this argument" and "context" was not clear in my multiple posts relating to this conversation? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're like a broken record and you'e once again wasting my time.  What part of, "for the sake of this argument" and "context" was not clear in my multiple posts relating to this conversation? 

If Carr's next team makes the playoffs it won't really say much about our decision because we know he won't be the main reason they're going. He's incapable of elevating a team, we've seen it for 9 years.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If Carr's next team makes the playoffs it won't really say much about our decision because we know he won't be the main reason they're going. He's incapable of elevating a team, we've seen it for 9 years.

Lol you really have zero clue what you're talking about. 

Brady is coming here because I read it on the internet, Rodgers is coming here because I read it on the internet...   You post nonstop about this garbage with opinion pieces by idiot writers who want people like you to click on their trash and repost it.  You eat that garbage up like it's fact and spend countless hours trying to convince posters on here that what you are saying is fact only to be proven wrong time after time all while fantasizing and wasting your time posting about trade packages for Qb's that  have zero chance of coming here.  That is time you'll never get back....

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol you really have zero clue what you're talking about. 

Brady is coming here because I read it on the internet, Rodgers is coming here because I read it on the internet...   You post nonstop about this garbage with opinion pieces by idiot writers who want people like you to click on their trash and repost it.  You eat that garbage up like it's fact and spend countless hours trying to convince posters on here that what you are saying is fact only to be proven wrong time after time all while fantasizing and wasting your time posting about trade packages for Qb's that  have zero chance of coming here.  That is time you'll never get back....

Do you want the Raiders to fail?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Do you want the Raiders to fail?

Huh?  I want the Raiders to win Super Bowl's and to build a powerhouse of a team but I am also not some homer with my head buried in the sand thinking this has been anything one of the worst ran franchises in all of pro sports over the last 20 years.

Does fantasying about illogical things that have zero percent chance of happening like Brady or Rodgers wanting to come to the Raiders make someone a fan?  If that is your definition of what a fan is then you once again leave me speechless....

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Huh?  I want the Raiders to win Super Bowl's and to build a powerhouse of a team but I am also not some homer with my head buried in the sand thinking this has been anything one of the worst ran franchises in all of pro sports over the last 20 years.

Does fantasying about illogical things that have zero percent chance of happening like Brady or Rodgers wanting to come to the Raiders make someone a fan?  If that is your definition of what a fan is then you once again leave me speechless....

You're so negative about everything post DC.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What if in route to the playoffs he Throws for 4,500 yrds 35 TDs and 12 INTs?

i don’t think it’s impossible for him to have these numbers but if he’s has these numbers and a defense to go with it that would be a pretty formidable team. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're so negative about everything post DC.

You clearly are new on this forum.  

Go back on the old site and look at my posts from 2008 until now.  I have called it like I have seen it YOY which includes many years before Carr arrived and will continue long after he is retired.  Some of my old DHB rants are classic.  It's remarkable how many homers defended that bum. 

Year after year I have been critical of the front office, their FA signings, drafts, coaching hires etc.  That will never change until I feel that they are on the right path to a SB and so far this administration has shown very little competence just like nearly every other person involved with this franchise over the last 20+ years. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

33 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

What if in route to the playoffs he Throws for 4,500 yrds 35 TDs and 12 INTs?

i don’t think it’s impossible for him to have these numbers but if he’s has these numbers and a defense to go with it that would be a pretty formidable team. 

I completely agree.  If Carr puts a season like that together next year and takes his team to the playoffs while JM has a stopgap bum and wins 4ish games, I don't think that is a survivable blunder. 

Can you imagine three years from now if Carr has two playoff appearances with some wins and we draft a rookie QB that is a bust....  Not only did we let that QB walk in the prime of his career but we let him walk and received nothing in return.

That will be such a terrible look for this franchise, a look that could set us back many years.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz