Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I'm drafting a rookie QB every year until I hit on one.  You either find a top 5 guy to hold onto for dear life or you build an elite roster and try to win with a good/great QB on a rookie contract.

And even that is proving to not be enough when dealing with Mahomes. They took the vaunted Eagles defense apart. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And even that is proving to not be enough when dealing with Mahomes. They took the vaunted Eagles defense apart. 

The overwatered grass didn't help the Eagles at all.  Their DL was slipping all over the place all game long.  That was some bs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We need Reid and Kelce to retire soon to stand a chance TBH. Kermit fell into the most ideal situation for a QB of his potential ever. 

Agree 100%.  He'll probably still be one of the better QBs in the league, but I think Andy Reid is probably the greatest offensive master mind in the entire NFL.  I recall someone referencing D. McNabb when he played in Phili, McNabb ended up leaving the Eagles and fell right off the map.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr better come to his senses soon.

He definitely overestimated his market and he's still reportedly seeking $35M+ APY, teams just really don't seem interested in paying him top tier QB money.

Lol! Didn’t Shanahan kinda come from Walsh’s coaching tree. And either way, Walsh’s coaching tree is pretty damn deep, and quite a few SB winning coaches, holmgrem/Reid/gruden rt off the top of my head and actually Pederson too. That’s 4 rt there, not counting Walsh or seifert. 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:48 AM, NYRaider said:
On 3/1/2023 at 5:02 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr better come to his senses soon.

He definitely overestimated his market and he's still reportedly seeking $35M+ APY, teams just really don't seem interested in paying him top tier QB money.

Seems like he didn't and played the long game well......... 4 years and $150 million is a nice contract for him $37.5M average. 

Wish him the best, but time to focus on what we're going to do and who will be our new Franchise changing signal caller! Exciting times gentlemen 😀

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

Seems like he didn't and played the long game well......... 4 years and $150 million is a nice contract for him $37.5M average. 

Wish him the best, but time to focus on what we're going to do and who will be our new Franchise changing signal caller! Exciting times gentlemen 😀

His agent did a great job with his new contract.