Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

What if in route to the playoffs he Throws for 4,500 yrds 35 TDs and 12 INTs?

i don’t think it’s impossible for him to have these numbers but if he’s has these numbers and a defense to go with it that would be a pretty formidable team. 

Carr hasn't thrown for 30+ TD's since 2015 and couldn't hit that mark with Adams, he's terrible in the red zone.

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr hasn't thrown for 30+ TD's since 2015 and couldn't hit that mark with Adams, he's terrible in the red zone.

He threw 12 tds to Adams, half of his total. He had 24 with 2 games to go, so he still had a shot albeit unlikely. 

This past season was more about Carr only having Adams as a true option. Lots of forced throws to Adams because Waller and Renfrow were the true disappointments and what we should now be worried about going forward. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, true2form said:

He threw 12 tds to Adams, half of his total. He had 24 with 2 games to go, so he still had a shot albeit unlikely. 

This past season was more about Carr only having Adams as a true option. Lots of forced throws to Adams because Waller and Renfrow were the true disappointments and what we should now be worried about going forward. 

Well they didn't play much. Hence a some of us wanted to see a year 2 with the full offense.

I just think JMD didn't structure this offense around Carr's strengths. Barely any rhythm passing, play action, or plays from the gun. I don't understand the point of extending a guy with a no trade clause if you're gonna just run what you want, not what's best for the players around you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, true2form said:

McDaniels wanted to feature the run game. Imagine a QB not putting up video game stats in a new system in year 1. Imagine 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Well they didn't play much. Hence a some of us wanted to see a year 2 with the full offense.

I just think JMD didn't structure this offense around Carr's strengths. Barely any rhythm passing, play action, or plays from the gun. I don't understand the point of extending a guy with a no trade clause if you're gonna just run what you want, not what's best for the players around you.

That’s exactly my sentiments.  And it’d exactly why I’m concerned about McD’s ability to coach.  
How often do HC’s get their ideal personnel?  Hardly ever.  You gotta make the best of what you got and adapt.  Is it better to lose and have the excuse that had your perfect system been right we’d have won, or adapt the system to try and win?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr actually had more play action passing attempts this year under McDaniels then he did under Gruden his last two years here, we did run significantly less plays out of play action but I think that was to keep Jacobs involved. McDaniels system works, he just had a top 10 scoring offense with a rookie and worse weapons around him. Carr's a 10 year veteran that can't do things you expect any vet to be able to do.

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Carr's next team makes the playoffs it won't really say much about our decision because we know he won't be the main reason they're going. He's incapable of elevating a team, we've seen it for 9 years.

Basically unless Carr wins multiple MVPs and Super Bowls you’ll always have something bad to say.  

It’s not just you, there’s a few of you guys out there.  For years you wanted Carr to fail just so you could say you were right.

As much as I think McD is a dirt bag and is going to fail…. I’d absolutely love to see him come around and be Great coach for us.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Basically unless Carr wins multiple MVPs and Super Bowls you’ll always have something bad to say.  

It’s not just you, there’s a few of you guys out there.  For years you wanted Carr to fail just so you could say you were right.

As much as I think McD is a dirt bag and is going to fail…. I’d absolutely love to see him come around and be Great coach for us.  

I've never rooted for Carr to fail, I just accepted that he's not that good years ago.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Some people care more about being right than seeing the team do well. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 2:36 PM, NYRaider said:

I've never rooted for Carr to fail, I just accepted that he's not that good years ago.

Exactly. We’ve realized the guy has sucked since 3/4 the way through the 2017 season. All his flaws have become massively apparent. No other team in the league would have kept Derek Carr around for 9 years, not one. Only the Raiders would keep am average to slightly above average QB around this long. We, as fans, are impatient and have been waiting 5 years to move on. 

As for Carr making the playoffs, he probably will pick the NFC South, the most garbage division by far, with no QB’s, and win the division for the Saints or Panthers. But once he’s in the playoff cold (divisional round) good luck lol. He’s gonna flop like a fish out of water. 

On 2/25/2023 at 4:31 PM, Humble_Beast said:

McDaniels wanted to feature the run game. Imagine a QB not putting up video game stats in a new system in year 1. Imagine 

The run game became featured as Carr was struggling in the offense. Even in 2021, Jacobs came on late was the difference in their playoff run. The offense going back to Gruden is most effective when Jacobs is healthy and the offense runs through him.

On 2/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, jimkelly02 said:

That’s exactly my sentiments.  And it’d exactly why I’m concerned about McD’s ability to coach.  
How often do HC’s get their ideal personnel?  Hardly ever.  You gotta make the best of what you got and adapt.  Is it better to lose and have the excuse that had your perfect system been right we’d have won, or adapt the system to try and win?

And what happens if your QB doesn't like criticism and teammates start to question his accountability?

JMD's coaching was lacking, but his QB was an entitled 9 year vet who didn't want to take a hit and left a lot of plays on the field. 

I'd argue the offense played to Carr's strengths. Guys were schemed open, but he simply was not executing consistently. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Same, which is why I try to be optimistic (sometimes to a fault) about JMD. There has to be something that has had him on coaching radars for the past 10 years, I want to see it.

I'm tired of the constant turnover that keep this the team in limbo every 3 years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Carr using his no trade clause and leaving money on the table to only sign for less would be chefs kiss. 

Saints wanted him to take less so he wouldn't agree to a trade. He's reportedly seeking 35 per season which sources say he won't get. 

He's now going to the combine to meet with teams per Albert Breer. Has that ever happened? 

His market maybe not looking as robust as they'd hoped? Going to the combine to speed date with teams while they analyze the draft class seems odd.