Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It seems he made the right decision too. Onwards and upwards we go...........

We stopped him from meeting with teams to avoid him negotiating a deal off the record and it looks like that's exactly what happened. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Gonna feel weird not seeing every thread devolve into an all out Carr argument. It’s a brave new world. 

I do fear for a few posters as to what they will have to post about now. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Gonna feel weird not seeing every thread devolve into an all out Carr argument. It’s a brave new world. 

That’s a bold assumption. We’ll still be arguing about him in a bunch of threads next year most likely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

So he basically got 30 mil a year for 2 years.

No it will be a 3 year $100 million contract.  The 2025 roster bonus is 99.9% guaranteed because it kicks in 03/24.  They would have to cut him after year one for it not to happen.  That means it would cost them $27 million to cut him after year 2.  You have a real cap hit of $18 million in 2025 for him to play.

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

No it will be a 3 year $100 million contract.  The 2025 roster bonus is 99.9% guaranteed because it kicks in 03/24.  They would have to cut him after year one for it not to happen.  That means it would cost them $27 million to cut him after year 2.  You have a real cap hit of $18 million in 2025 for him to play.

No it's 2 yr/$70M , the roster bonus is $10M. If they cut him in March 2025 they can get out of the deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

No it's 2 yr/$70M , the roster bonus is $10M. If they cut him in March 2025 they can get out of the deal.

You really think they are taking a $27 million dead cap hit to move on to what.  They are not going to give him $35 per just to cut him when his cost goes down.  

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You really think they are taking a $27 million dead cap hit to move on to what.  They are not going to give him $35 per just to cut him when his cost goes down.  

They'd have $17M in dead cap, $28M in cap savings.

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My son the ex raider turned saints fan is pissed lololol I love it he wanted them to draft a qb lol

The Saints haven’t drafted a QB in the 1st round since Archie Manning in 1971. That’s wild to me.