Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

if they didnt want to commit, they should have just traded him then. They covered for themselves both off-seasons, but when do they start making moves that benefit the team? Like i a said before the only transaction  they have made that is an unquestioned W is resigning Maxx, and who wouldnt have done that?

They wanted to see how he’d play in their system with an elite #1 option. I don’t think anyone expected him to regress this year. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They have a year of film on him in their  system with 2 first team all pros and a top 10 OL according to PFF

I’m talking about 2021

either myself and some other posters are legit nfl geniuses and great evaluators of talent or jmd and ziegs are in way over their head.

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m talking about 2021

either myself and some other posters are legit nfl geniuses and great evaluators of talent or jmd and ziegs are in way over their head.

Didn’t he have 5k yards and lead us to the playoffs in 2021? You think it was unreasonable to expect him to improve in a better system with Adams? 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn’t he have 5k yards and lead us to the playoffs in 2021? You think it was unreasonable to expect him to improve in a better system with Adams? 

He rode jj and the defense to the playoffs or at least that’s what I saw. Carr is who he is I learned that in 2017. You can give him almost everything and it will never be enough. But that’s just my amateur thoughts

Guess you and ziegs saw different 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He rode jj and the defense to the playoffs or at least that’s what I saw. Carr is who he is I learned that in 2017. You can give him almost everything and it will never be enough. But that’s just my amateur thoughts

Guess you and ziegs saw different 

So you knew Carr would regress with Adams? 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So you knew Carr would regress with Adams? 

I knew adams wouldn’t fix carrs limitations 

I wouldn’t even say carr regressed he played like he always did minus the fumbles I’ll give him that

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I knew adams wouldn’t fix carrs limitations 

I wouldn’t even say carr regressed he played like he always did minus the fumbles I’ll give him that

Was significantly less accurate and was on pace to lead the NFL in interceptions before we benched him