Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And you think he's getting more than $40M APY (7th most) in free agency. When there was only one team that even showed interest in trading for him and they asked him to take a significant pay cut, lol. There was no way that they were getting him to agree to basically 0 GTD money on his extension without the NTC / early cut date. 

Why would any team even bother offering us anything when it was practically a foregone conclusion to anyone with a functioning brain weeks ago that this was exactly what was going to happen?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Why would any team even bother offering us anything when it was practically a foregone conclusion to anyone with a functioning brain weeks ago that this was exactly what was going to happen?

I said that two weeks ago and I got the "people waive their no trade clause is all the time" stupid response

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I said that two weeks ago and I got the "people waive their no trade clause is all the time" stupid response

It's bc people will talk themselves into what they want to be true even when logic contradicts it. Then again, we do have people in here (or just one person) who think having a good OL is "extremely overrated" so maybe we're just a special bunch 😊

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's bc people will talk themselves into what they want to be true even when logic contradicts it. Then again, we do have people in here (or just one person) who think having a good OL is "extremely overrated" so maybe we're just a special bunch 😊

PREACH!!!

Did you catch how we went from Tom Brady to Aaron Rodgers in a matter of days?

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

PREACH!!!

Did you catch all we went from Tom Brady to Aaron Rodgers in a matter of days?

Yeah, I have. Rodgers is actually possible and I wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Just hope we don't give up a ton if it does. Brady was never going to come here..... ever lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, I have. Rodgers is actually possible and I wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Just hope we don't give up a ton if it does. Brady was never going to come here..... ever lol. 

TBH I don't even think Jimmy Garoppolo comes here. 

I think it's possible to get Aaron Rodgers but it's not a good idea. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And you think he's getting more than $40M APY (7th most) in free agency. When there was only one team that even showed interest in trading for him and they asked him to take a significant pay cut, lol. There was no way that they were getting him to agree to basically 0 GTD money on his extension without the NTC / early cut date. 

I didn’t say that. I said he’ll get more guaranteed $ as a free agent, which he will.  Obviously after a down year the APY will go down. 

18 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

TBH I don't even think Jimmy Garoppolo comes here. 

I think it's possible to get Aaron Rodgers but it's not a good idea. 

I'm not a fan of Rodgers only if we don't get a solid line in front of him. No need to bring in a guy that old if he's running for his life all the time. Aside from that, we have the skill position players to have him play around with and it could be good...... but that's only one side of the ball. The other side is kinda gross.

I want no part of Jimmy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not a fan of Rodgers only if we don't get a solid line in front of him. No need to bring in a guy that old if he's running for his life all the time. Aside from that, we have the skill position players to have him play around with and it could be good...... but that's only one side of the ball. The other side is kinda gross.

I want no part of Jimmy. 

Well the reality is he's played in the NFC North where the Packers have been the best team for 20 years and then he's gonna come into the AFC west where he may not even be the second best team if we don't go to the playoffs with him he's going to probably retire making it essentially a one year deal. That's the problem I have with it

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

And this is when I inform him he will not get cut.  It creates a Marcus Allen situation but we will see if he blinks.  I would make him the highest paid water boy in the league and make him practice without the red jersey.  I would run his a$$ into the ground at practice.  Make his life a living hell and when he does not listen or want to work I would start to fine him and recoup my money.  Our FO and coaches are idiots but I have nothing but hate for this guy now.

We’ll see what happens. I’m sure he’ll be cut.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

PREACH!!!

Did you catch how we went from Tom Brady to Aaron Rodgers in a matter of days?

I agree we talk ourselves into things but there are differences in why that happens.  For instance, with Rodgers )I believe) it became popular because getting Rodgers is the last salvation and only option to keep us from launching a full on rebuild…. And we all probably have serious doubts about our ability to successfully do that.

that’s why I’m pro: If Rodgers can be had in a trade cheap (by which I mean a 3rd and ‘24 3rd to 2nd conditional pick) then I’m on board with holding off rebuilding.   Personally, I’d take that risk to see if Ziegler and McD “have it” to succeed.  But if they can’t pull a game changing move I say burn it all down and rebuild.  Trade away everything of value, clear the cap for ‘24, and clean house, and start drafting a core of young players.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We are on the hook only if we do not trade him.  It is not automatic.  If he wants out and there are teams that want him then the trade will happen.  The reason why it did not now is because the only team he got to talk to could not afford him and everyone assumes he will be let go in the next couple games.  If you hold on to him you do not have to worry about him talking to other teams because the only way they get his is a trade.  The only way he continues his career next year is if he waives his NTC.  If we trade him we do not pay him.  Only the team he is on pays him.  If he holds out or retires we do not have to pay him.

F***ing refs just gave the game to the Chiefs.

I appreciate your pettiness as someone who would had will hurt himself 2x to hurt his enemy 1x.  
but there are consequences of actions.  And Carr is widely viewed as the good guy who got screwed by the team around the league (for the most part) and pulling a move like that to Try and derail his career by benching him will 100% cost us more in the long run then any gain made via a trade.  Do you think any top FA will want to come here after something like that happens to a good Guy like Carr?  McD already has the worst reputation amongst former players and this organization has been a laughingstock for 20 years…. You want to run a stunt like that to get a 3rd round pick?  Seems awfully shortsighted and a horrible idea to me.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

I don't see how playing Carr the last two games would have had any impact on the trade value or the output of the whole situation:

Everybody knows about the 15th February deadline for the 40 million and also everybody knew about the NTC.
And after the results this season it was pretty clear anyway that we cut him.

So who would've been really interested in trading for him?

• Like 1