Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

Teams have enough space to sign the guy outright and we blew our load too early and let everyone know he could be had via FA without extra comp needed. 

Dumb move by the Raiders. I've been easy on Zeigler for the most part, but it's looking more and more like his contract sense is pretty mediocre and he's clearly easily swayed by Davis. 

$10 says he signs with the Saints for pretty much whatever he would've made either way and the Saints get him without trading anything extra. 

To everyone who is salty/hoping for him to get hurt, just know the front office are the ones who put in the idiotic no trade clause and this other bull****. No idea why you're mad at a player for looking after themselves. It's what anyone would do in that situation. He's going to get way more $ as a free agent. That's just the reality.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Can hold onto him next offseason until the last minute and then cut him so teams do not have any money to sign him.  It would be worth the cap hit to screw him over.

Absolute stupidity that would be, pay DC $35m to not play and scupper our own FA moves. We would only be screwing ourselves. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Absolute stupidity that would be, pay DC $35m to not play and scupper our own FA moves. We would only be screwing ourselves. 

At this point, the best thing to do is move on and hope we get a top rookie this year or next. Or Rodgers. Anything else is gonna be ugly.

If Jimmy G is the starter next year, I'm gonna die laughing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At this point, the best thing to do is move on and hope we get a top rookie this year or next. Or Rodgers. Anything else is gonna be ugly.

Questionable whether Jimmy G would be worth paying the extra $ than Stidham if we are looking at a bridge QB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we go with Jimmy G it’s going to be hilarious reading from those guys who really didn’t like Carr…….….. we get poor man’s Carr instead with more check downs, 75% of the arm and more injuries 😂😂 

The forum is going to be compulsory viewing!

• Like 1

The Raiders are such a joke of a franchise. What an embarrassment. 

Josh McDaniels is a clown. Ziegler is a loser. Gruden and Mayock were light years better. 

Why would you Bench Carr the last two weeks essentially telling everyone he is done with the Raiders. Then try to trade him away with out leverage. Good for Carr. I'm glad he gave the Raiders what they deserve by doing him so dirty. Screw the Raiders. I hope they go 0-17 next year. 

Derek Carr > Raiders

• Like 3

Just now, Dessie said:

If we draft a QB I’d stick with Stidham 

Yep, me too. He showed some gumption at least and wasn’t totally out of his depth. Knows the system and won’t be expensive or too in demand. 

Expend the remainder of our draft capital on defence and build from inside out. I can see them making a move for Rodgers though……..

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

Yep, me too. He showed some gumption at least and wasn’t totally out of his depth. Knows the system and won’t be expensive or too in demand. 

Expend the remainder of our draft capital on defence and build from inside out. I can see them making a move for Rodgers though……..

Yeah I’m torn on that, I can see the reasoning to win now, just worry about Rodger’s/McDaniel dynamic tbh. Think I would rather build the roster. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t blame Carr at all tbh. He has to do what is right for him, we put him in that situation. It is our teams mistakes which are being punished, it is Carr’s prerogative to do what is best for Carr, not the team so no animosity from me, the FO deserve the blame and any vitriol here I feel.

Depends on what happened to the Saints offer.  If he got a good offer from the Saints and he said screw this just to hurt us then screw him.  If the Saints said we need you to takes a paycut and it did not benefit him in anyway then I understand.  It all comes down to the details.  From how David has been acting I would say this was personal and he just wanted to hurt us.  So I would go all in and see if he blinks.  He would still be on the team on 2/15.  

10 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

The Raiders are such a joke of a franchise. What an embarrassment. 

Josh McDaniels is a clown. Ziegler is a loser. Gruden and Mayock were light years better. 

Why would you Bench Carr the last two weeks essentially telling everyone he is done with the Raiders. Then try to trade him away with out leverage. Good for Carr. I'm glad he gave the Raiders what they deserve by doing him so dirty. Screw the Raiders. I hope they go 0-17 next year. 

Derek Carr > Raiders

The Humble Beast alt account tips its hand again. 

• Like 4