NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Thats a slap in the face to jalen hurts lol. Richardson showed nothing in terms of dominating at the college level. 

You keep going back to that, but does that honestly matter at the next level? it's all about what you can do for me now/future vs. what you've done in past. That's why you see these guys with immense upside going high vs. the highly decorated guys.

On 4/28/2023 at 3:23 PM, kgarrett12486 said:

You keep going back to that, but does that honestly matter at the next level? it's all about what you can do for me now/future vs. what you've done in past. That's why you see these guys with immense upside going high vs. the highly decorated guys.

It does factor in yes. How can you be this top world prospect at QB when you haven;t shown the skills and fundamentals that makes QB;s successful as a tier 2/3 starter in the NFL? My first concern is at Florida in college offfenses that make even inaccurate QBs hit a 60%+ completion rate. Teams fell in love with the athleticism and strong arm but the film has too many "WTF" throws and decisions. 

Even then - if his athleticism is so dominate and elite - why did he never use it to take over games like Lamar or Cam did in the past? What am I missing? 

Last time I'll talk about this since he wont be in the division or on our team. Ballard had to take him or Levis there. Continuing the washed up veteran route since 2019 has him on the hot seat. 

Also off topic - outside of the Richardson pick - i did like Indys draft. 

On 4/30/2023 at 9:43 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

It does factor in yes. How can you be this top world prospect at QB when you haven;t shown the skills and fundamentals that makes QB;s successful as a tier 2/3 starter in the NFL? My first concern is at Florida in college offfenses that make even inaccurate QBs hit a 60%+ completion rate. Teams fell in love with the athleticism and strong arm but the film has too many "WTF" throws and decisions. 

Even then - if his athleticism is so dominate and elite - why did he never use it to take over games like Lamar or Cam did in the past? What am I missing? 

Last time I'll talk about this since he wont be in the division or on our team. Ballard had to take him or Levis there. Continuing the washed up veteran route since 2019 has him on the hot seat. 

Also off topic - outside of the Richardson pick - i did like Indys draft. 

It factors into the decison, but shouldn't be point you get stuck on to decide if you take the player or not. Espcially if you're projecting him to be better at the next level. You got to have faith in your people/staff that they can coach him up and reach that potential. 

I'll say it again, Richardson has a ton of holes in his game coming into the league. However, the ceiling is higher than any QB in the draft, including Young and Stroud. He's a rare athlete. The Colts think they can unlock that potential and they took him high. I get it. If they hadn't, there would ahve been a handful of other teams trying to move up and get him from the reports coming out today. 

And I'd push back on him not showing the 'dominance' in CFB. he didn't do it over the course of a season like others, but he had those flashes and stretches in games ehere he dominated and set schoool and SEC records. Just look at that TD run vs. LSU. That's rarified air there. 

The offense at Florida did him no favors under Napier. It's a different style than what most are accustomed to seeing/rembering from Florida in the past. Did not utlizie his strengths well at all. Not an excuse for his poorous play, especially early on, but it didn't set him up well either. 

Edited by kgarrett12486