NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

Having a hard time interpreting these S2 score leaks. Hendon Hooker and CJ Stroud apparently scored terrible but the guys on the Pat McAfee show claim this could all easily be BS. Apparently only a dozen or so teams use these scores? ehh. 

On Will Levis - Cowherd had Joel Klatt on and both said their discussions with a couple GMs  and its a 50/50 split. I'm unsure how I feel. Part of me is like "wait til next year" but 5 wins is possible for this team and that will take you out of the Caleb Williams scenario and honestly - I feel Drake Maye is just as consistent as Will Levis lol 

ESPN's Todd McShay reports the Colts' interest in QB Will Levis is "very real." 

This falls in line with recent reporting about the Colts -- who have the fourth overall pick in the draft -- having Levis above Florida QB Anthony Richardson ahead of Thursday's NFL Draft. The Colts reportedly see Levis as more pro-ready than Richardson, and NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah said last week that Levis would be a good fit in the Indianapolis offense. 

I pray this is real for our sake. 

11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I pray this is real for our sake. 

Probably real. Yes. Richardson isn't ready to play - I see him as a lock to go to Tennessee or maybe Houston, in that Case, Stroud would be the pick for the Colts. 

I'm still puzzled at all of this. Levis was an average QB at the college level. But has a live arm thats inconsistent when throwing the ball accurately? Still has no feel for pass rushers and bad internal clock. Idk if some of his issues are correctable. And they are ones that usually cause QBs to bust. 

Longtime Texans beat writer John McClain believes the Texans will take Kentucky QB Will Levis with the second pick of the 2023 NFL Draft. 

He was always super plugged into the Texans and was always one of the better mock drafters overall, but he did retire recently so who knows now. Wow though if they do. 

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As the draft gets closer, the rumor mill really churns.  I want an edge rusher or QB after Thursday night.

Richardson makes the most sense for this team QB wise of the 1st round QB's (realistically - meaning Young and Stroud wouldn't be available). Guy they can sit behind Baker/Trask for a year or two and develop, plus he's got the immense athleticism upside of the modern style QB's. 

31 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Richardson makes the most sense for this team QB wise of the 1st round QB's (realistically - meaning Young and Stroud wouldn't be available). Guy they can sit behind Baker/Trask for a year or two and develop, plus he's got the immense athleticism upside of the modern style QB's. 

I'm curious how far Stroud falls.  He has gotten killed over the last few weeks.  I hope he falls outside the top 10, so Licht can go get him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I'm curious how far Stroud falls.  He has gotten killed over the last few weeks.  I hope he falls outside the top 10, so Licht can go get him.

I think it's all the typical BS teams that want to get him leak to the media in hopes to push him down boards. I don't think he gets outside the top 5. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ravishingone said:

As the draft gets closer, the rumor mill really churns.  I want an edge rusher or QB after Thursday night.

NO NO NO NO NO 

Someone told me yesterday that Richardson played only half a season bc there was no way his stat line was that bad and limited lol. Sadly not true. 

Bowles doesn't have the luxury of taking on this project. He's not ready to compete. If we're talking big athleticism - sure he's a freak. QB? UHHHHHH. 

I was impressed with how he interviewed at the combine and all for being 20-21 years old. But we took a flyer on Josh Freeman, who actually showed more in college than what Richardson has so....

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

NO NO NO NO NO 

Someone told me yesterday that Richardson played only half a season bc there was no way his stat line was that bad and limited lol. Sadly not true. 

Bowles doesn't have the luxury of taking on this project. He's not ready to compete. If we're talking big athleticism - sure he's a freak. QB? UHHHHHH. 

I was impressed with how he interviewed at the combine and all for being 20-21 years old. But we took a flyer on Josh Freeman, who actually showed more in college than what Richardson has so....

I don't think they're going to let Bowles lame duck status affect their future plans at QB IMO.

Richardson is way more of a game-changing athlete than freeman was, but I get what you were going for there with the comparison of them being raw. IDK, I have really mixed feelings on Richardson. He's either going to bust hard or be this draft's Lamar Jackson. Don't think there is an in-between with him.

36 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I don't think they're going to let Bowles lame duck status affect their future plans at QB IMO.

Richardson is way more of a game-changing athlete than freeman was, but I get what you were going for there with the comparison of them being raw. IDK, I have really mixed feelings on Richardson. He's either going to bust hard or be this draft's Lamar Jackson. Don't think there is an in-between with him.

He's going to be Cam Newton or the career trajectory of Malik Willis at the moment.  Remember Cam has an  MVP on his resume.  So I very much agree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He's going to be Cam Newton or the career trajectory of Malik Willis at the moment.  Remember Cam has an  MVP on his resume.  So I very much agree.

He was never the game changing athlete cam newton was though out of college. This is why I don't see the resemblance. Cam was actually a better passer than Richardson. Richardson didnt show me the ability to take over games with his feet or arm like Cam did in his Junior year. 

11 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

He was never the game changing athlete cam newton was though out of college. This is why I don't see the resemblance. Cam was actually a better passer than Richardson. Richardson didnt show me the ability to take over games with his feet or arm like Cam did in his Junior year. 

Great point

I think that's just his age though 

If he stayed in school next year I think ARich would be just like Cam was, and be a #1 pick type guy

• Like 1