NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Zuerlein is actually plugged in with the Texans and since when does anything the Texans do really make sense lol?

Could be outlandish rumore, or could be nugget of truth. It's 10 days from the draft so the smoke trails are gonna be coming hot/heavy. 

You got me there lol But I will have to respond with hiring Demeco Ryans was actually logical. 

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

JTS all over for you huh?

Lol maybe

I had to go back and look up who I even liked back then, I remember liking Azeez Ojulari alot more but it's not like he panned out, also Asante Samuel Jr who actually looks pretty decent 

Edit:

Oh yeah I wanted Kwity Paye bad 😆  but he went 11 picks before us

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

ewwwwww no. Undersized. Not a starter in this league. Better athlete than Noah spence. For a guy who had what 10 sacks in 3 years - in college, too much risk and probably won't contribute early. 

Yah, I'm hoping he goes top 15 so we're not even tempted. I could see it though if he's on the board. He might even be a guy who would move to ILB in a 3-4. He's actually got better coverage ability IMO than pass rush. I'd be in your boat though, not a fan.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yah, I'm hoping he goes top 15 so we're not even tempted. I could see it though if he's on the board. He might even be a guy who would move to ILB in a 3-4. He's actually got better coverage ability IMO than pass rush. I'd be in your boat though, not a fan.

I'd hope we don't draft an ILB again round 1 lol. So many good off ball LB's found outside of the first round. Licht doesn't have issues drafting that position on days 2 and 3. 

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I don't think they go OT in the 1st round.  I think they have at least 8 OL signed already.   Feiler's contract has voidable years, so it benefits the team to sign him after the season.

Realistically, I think the pick will be pass rusher or QB. 

I agree, unless one of the big three tackles (Skoronski, Johnson, Jones) fall, I don't see us going OT. I think we're moving Wirfs to LT and going with either Feiler/Goedeke at RT. 

Barring any unforeseen falls (like OT's, Gonzalez/Witherspoon or Van Ness) at this point, I think it's going to be one of the following; Levis, McDonald, Branch, Bijan, N. Smith or Hooker.

Edited by eggybucsfan31
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I agree, unless one of the big three tackles (Skoronski, Johnson, Jones) fall, I don't see us going OT. I think we're moving Wirfs to LT and going with either Feiler/Goedeke at RT. 

Barring any unforeseen falls (like OT's, Gonzalez/Witherspoon or Van Ness) at this point, I think it's going to be one of the following; Levis, McDonald, Branch, Bijan, N. Smith or Hooker.

I know ya'll don't want to hear this - but I do feel Robinson is also a play at 19 if he's deemed the best player on the board. Canales wants to run the football. I just wouldn't put it past the team to say - let's really take the pressure off the QB with Robinson and White. I don't necessarily agree. Taking a top RB prospect in the first round to me is more of a "nice to have" when your roster is already strong and can use a starting RB. I don't see Tampa in this position right now. 

I am really curious what we are going to do at 19. I am also seeing that Trey Lance is available for trade it seems. Bucs have to be in on this, no? However, I am unsure how a deal gets done bc I wouldn't even give up a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe a 3rd this year and 3rd next that has some conditional terms that can elevate it to a 2nd round pick - maybe a one? 

I am starting to like the McDonald kid from ISU. Freakish athleticism, production is there. I don't like Nolan smith. Limited production while not facing double teams? And being undersized? Reminds me of a more athletic Noah Spence. 

I am not sure I see Skoranski falling. Folks seem to have Joey Porter Jr falling and I'd be all over that selection in a heart beat bc I truly believe this could be Davis' last year here in tampa. 

I am a fan of Hendon Hooker - but if Bowles is coaching for his job, the medical better be good for him to be cleared to play in July when TC starts. I don't see how he wouldn't be ready for the season in 2023. Godwin and AP both had ACL tears in mid december and were good to roll on opening day - even practice in TC. Playing QB - I don't know if I see him really being out til November. Joe Burrow I thought had a worse knee injury to bounce back from and he did so to be ready for August 2021. 

I keep seeing positive insights on Anton Harrison as best bet for rounds 1-2. Unsure how high he is on the bucs board. I think a Tackle is taking within the first 3 rounds though and would be nice to pick up an extra pick if their guy isn't there at 19. 

I think our first round pick is going to be either Anton Harrison, Will McDonald, Will Levis/Hendon Hooker, or Bijuan Robinson. Those are the guys i'd bet on. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I know ya'll don't want to hear this - but I do feel Robinson is also a play at 19 if he's deemed the best player on the board. Canales wants to run the football. I just wouldn't put it past the team to say - let's really take the pressure off the QB with Robinson and White. I don't necessarily agree. Taking a top RB prospect in the first round to me is more of a "nice to have" when your roster is already strong and can use a starting RB. I don't see Tampa in this position right now. 

I am really curious what we are going to do at 19. I am also seeing that Trey Lance is available for trade it seems. Bucs have to be in on this, no? However, I am unsure how a deal gets done bc I wouldn't even give up a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe a 3rd this year and 3rd next that has some conditional terms that can elevate it to a 2nd round pick - maybe a one? 

I am starting to like the McDonald kid from ISU. Freakish athleticism, production is there. I don't like Nolan smith. Limited production while not facing double teams? And being undersized? Reminds me of a more athletic Noah Spence. 

I wonder if our interest in RBs is a smokescreen or if it's real

I really can't tell

On Lance, I'd only do it if it was like you mentioned,  a 3rd with a future pick that could be elevated to a 2nd or 1st with performance.  But I have a feeling they want a 1st rn.

I feel like its 80% chance Licht is going to trade down form 19, but that's just me

Agree that edge is going to be our first pick