NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

11 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

If we want a LT - probably have to stay at 19. I think Harrison is higher on folks boards than what the media darlings think. some have him going 16 or 17 to Washington or Pit. 

That high for him would surprise me 

Either way, as far as OT goes, it really comes down to if they believe Goedeke can play RT or not

If they don't think he can then OT will be our 1st pick if they have some belief in him, we'll probably go a different direction  

4 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

That high for him would surprise me 

Either way, as far as OT goes, it really comes down to if they believe Goedeke can play RT or not

If they don't think he can then OT will be our 1st pick if they have some belief in him, we'll probably go a different direction  

Good call on Goedeke. But Goedeke playing RT means they need to confidently feel Wirfs to LT is worth the move and Wirfs is fully aligned with the switch. Sometimes moving guys inside at Guard when they spent their careers at Tackle don't always work either or take more time. See Cappa. 

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Btw, I do think Hooker goes before Levis.  No, I do not think the Bucs will be selecting Hooker even though they have McCown/Glennon 2.0 on the roster.

Comparing Baker to McCown is absolutely a slap in the face. Baker is more talented and a better QB in 4 years than McCown could ever dream of. 

And Comparing Trash to Glennon is a slap in the face to Glennon lol. Glennon atleast came on and performed his rookie year showing that he was atleast a capable back up. Trask was outperformed by Ryan griffin in 2021 and couldnt even sniff Blaine Gabberts job in 2022. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Comparing Baker to McCown is absolutely a slap in the face. Baker is more talented and a better QB in 4 years than McCown could ever dream of. 

And Comparing Trash to Glennon is a slap in the face to Glennon lol. Glennon atleast came on and performed his rookie year showing that he was atleast a capable back up. Trask was outperformed by Ryan griffin in 2021 and couldnt even sniff Blaine Gabberts job in 2022. 

Their both journeymen Qbs.  McCown lasted in the league over 12 yrs, which is really good.

Here's a question I was thinking about.  How many #1 overall QBs who did not win a SB with their drafted team, won a SB with another team?  I can think of one.  Jim Plunket was drafted by the Pats first overall, but won 2 SBs with Raiders.  Are there any other examples? I cannot think of one.

Naming Mayfield a journeymen is just factual.  It does not suggest he will be out of the league after next season.

My novice opinion. I do not believe the Bucs have a QB on the roster capable of winning a SB.  So suggesting QB is not a priority is something that I find silly.  The PR argument has been a QB should not be drafted because there will not be enough reps in training camp to learn a new offense.  I totally diagree with that opinion. 

Certainly there can be a debate whether Levis  or someone later can be that guy, but I would like them to take a shot on a third option in this draft at QB.

Edited by ravishingone

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Their both journeymen Qbs.  McCown lasted in the league over 12 yrs, which is really good.

Here's a question I was thinking about.  How many #1 overall QBs who did not win a SB with their drafted team, won a SB with another team?  I can think of one.  Jim Plunket was drafted by the Pats first overall, but won 2 SBs with Raiders.  Are there any other examples? I cannot think of one.

Naming Mayfield a journeymen is just factual.  It does not suggest he will be out of the league after next season.

My novice opinion. I do not believe the Bucs have a QB on the roster capable of winning a SB.  So suggesting QB is not a priority is something that I find silly.  The PR argument has been a QB should not be drafted because there will not be enough reps in training camp to learn a new offense.  I totally diagree with that opinion. 

Certainly there can be a debate whether Levis  or someone later can be that guy, but I would like them to take a shot on a third option in this draft at QB.

In comparison of the journeyman scenario, sure. But another guy comes to mind - Alex Smith. First overall pick. 6-7 different offensive schemes. Do I think Baker has elite level upside? No - I didn't think he warranted the first overall pick to be honest. Above average athleticism, accurate thrower, good arm, not great, better than Smiths for sure. At the contract we got him on - its a low risk high reward scenario. I think judging him with going through 6-7 different OC /offensive schemes and Turnover is comparable to Smith's. I think playing with a banged up shoulder all of 2021 also is unfair to judge. What makes me think Baker has a chance of doing well here is that he's coming to a similar offense where he's looked comfortable the most and that was under McVay. 

I would rather roll with Trask and Baker duking out the battle. I really don't see it in Richardson and/or Levis. If the powers over at 1 buc do, great! I'm still cringing over that. The thing is Bowles needs to win this year or he's most likely out. Which means - No real shot at Caleb WIlliams bc there will probably be a few worse teams than us :( 

That said - I wouldn't be shocked if Baker was brought in the sense we COULD NOT get a guy like Richardson or Will Levis. Insurance policy due to picking at 19 with the potential of 4 QB's going top 10 with not much ammo to move up. I think the "competition for Trask" is just media hoopla. I don't think theres a ringing endorsement of Trask inside One Buc Place. 

• Like 1

R&P's Best Bets per Position Need/Round/Player: 

Top Needs: 

1a. QB - just bc we may not take one early, doesn't mean its not our top need. 

1b. LT - If Wirfs is the solve and we expect to move Goedeke to RT, (which is still an option) this no longer is a huge need. 

2. Edge - Barrett is expected back to play week 1 - how effective he'll be remains to be seen. Tryon is in his 3rd year so the hope is that he develops. Nelson is a hybrid 5 tech and edge rusher off the bench and solid rotational guy. 

3. DT

4. ILB - White will most likely not be here whether in 2023 or 2024. 

5. S - The signing of Ryan Neal pushes this down the list a bit in whats considered a weaker safety class. 

6. RB - White is the guy but I would feel more comfortable having depth as most teams are successful with a 1-2 punch. 

7.. CB - I think theres more comfort here than most think. they're higher on McCollum than most fans are. 

QB: 

1. Hendon Hooker - Rounds 1-2 

2. Malik Cunningham - round 4-5. 

LT: 

1. Paris Johnson - Round 1

2. Antwon Harrison - Round 1

3. Jaelyn Duncan - round 1-2 (trade down option)

4. Blake Freeland - Rounds 4-5 

Edge: 

1. Will McDonald - round 1

2. Feliz A. Uzumoah - round 2 

3. Keon White - Round 2-3

4. Byron Young - round 3-4

5. Dylan Horton - round 4-5

DT: 

1. Caljiah Kancey- Round 1

2. Bryan Breese - Round 2-3

3. Zach Pickens - round 4 

4. Keenu Benton - Round 4-5

5. Nesta Jade Silvera - Round 4-5 

6. Jaden Crumedy - Round 5-6

7 Jalen Redmond - Round 6 

8. Shakel Brown- Round 7 

ILB: 

1. Trenton Simpson - Round 2-3

2. Owenn Papou  - Round 4-5

3. Noah Sewell - Round 4-5

4. Cam Jones - Round 4-5 

Safety: 

1. Antonio Johnson - Round 2/3

2, Sydney Brown - Round 2/3

3. Quan Martin - Round 2/3

4. , Jamie Robinson - Round 4/5

5. Brandon Hill - Round 5

RB: 

1. Bijuan Robinson - round 1 (yes I don't agree - but I feel it's not off the table)

2. Zach Charbonnet - Round 3

3. Roschon Johnson - Round 3-4

4. Israel Abanikanda - Round 3-4

5. Deuce Vaughn - Round 4-5

6. . Tiyon Evans - Round 6

CB: 

1. Joey Porter Jr - Round 1

2. Deonte Banks - Round 2

3. Julius Brents - Round 2/3

4. Darius Rush - Round 3/4

5. MEKHI BLACKMON - Round 4/5

6. Riley Moss - Round 5

7. JAKORIAN BENNETT - Round 5

7. Evan Hull - Round 6

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Per Lance Zuerlein, apparently Texans 'really' want to move out of the #2 pick. Apparently Bryce Young cancelled his remaining pre-draft visits and thought is he'll be #1 pick. Apparently teams are not as high on Stroud as media/fans. 

Makes no sense to me. Unless it comes from Rappaport, Jeramiah, or Schefty, i don't buy it. Zuerlein has some pretty odd draft assessments too. 

16 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Makes no sense to me. Unless it comes from Rappaport, Jeramiah, or Schefty, i don't buy it. Zuerlein has some pretty odd draft assessments too. 

Zuerlein is actually plugged in with the Texans and since when does anything the Texans do really make sense lol?

Could be outlandish rumore, or could be nugget of truth. It's 10 days from the draft so the smoke trails are gonna be coming hot/heavy. 

Edited by kgarrett12486