NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

One interesting take i saw from Scott Reynolds battle plans is the Chiefs as a potential trade down partner. Chiefs having 13 picks in this draft may make them a candidate to use some of those picks to move up. With our roster about to be decimated with high cap and 22 UFA's - Licht is going to have to make some magic happen and that means acquiring more picks to build up the depth of the roster and find atleast 3 starters in this draft - 4 if you can get an extra day 2 pick. 

23 hours ago, indifference said:

Porter is 6’2 and ran a 4.46 thats pretty good for someone that tall. His 40 should not matter as much. For CB’s that are 5’10 and running a 4.46 thats a bigger issue. 

The 40 determines straight line speed out of a track stance. Corners have to flip their hips and run. Have them do that and run the 40 out of a defense stance and see. 

20 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

One interesting take i saw from Scott Reynolds battle plans is the Chiefs as a potential trade down partner. Chiefs having 13 picks in this draft may make them a candidate to use some of those picks to move up. With our roster about to be decimated with high cap and 22 UFA's - Licht is going to have to make some magic happen and that means acquiring more picks to build up the depth of the roster and find atleast 3 starters in this draft - 4 if you can get an extra day 2 pick. 

dont like it. after they traded down last year and took Hall I think its a bad position to draft a player. The teens are the sweet spot of a NFL draft. Can still get a top 10 talent

i understand getting more picks but i rather just trade all the way out the first then take a pick 32 and a third or w/e

13 minutes ago, indifference said:

dont like it. after they traded down last year and took Hall I think its a bad position to draft a player. The teens are the sweet spot of a NFL draft. Can still get a top 10 talent

i understand getting more picks but i rather just trade all the way out the first then take a pick 32 and a third or w/e

Ehh depends on the pick. I'm not a huge fan of taking Devin White back in 2019 when he wants 100M for a middle linebacker when most of the top tier teams find them deeper in drafts. Now we're in a "do we overpay for him" situation while in cap bind? No. 

We have 22 UFA's and a good amount of them are starters/key contributors. I don't believe Hall was a bust as he came on towards the end of last year. Hard to make a huge impact at the 3-4 DE spot in Bowles system but started making more of an impact in the last qtr. 

On 3/10/2023 at 2:58 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Reynolds lost me when I saw he still had Gabbert & Succop making the team

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

13 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Don't agree with Gabbert. Succop? He's been well above average for us. I feel every time Licht goes for the BIGGER leg- he continues to strike out with the accuracy/consistency. 

Yeaaa I get it,  but for a guy that can't kick anything over 50 yards + our cap situation,  we can't afford to be paying a kicker the 3M+that Succup is getting 

16 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yeaaa I get it,  but for a guy that can't kick anything over 50 yards + our cap situation,  we can't afford to be paying a kicker the 3M+that Succup is getting 

I mean consistency though? Cutting someone who's reliable - I hope thats not meaning Licht goes out and drafts ANOTHER Kicker lol.

Just now, RedandPewterReturns said:

I mean consistency though? Cutting someone who's reliable - I hope thats not meaning Licht goes out and drafts ANOTHER Kicker lol.

Nah 🤣 I'm good on drafting kickers

I feel like Borregales was close to Succop last year so if the choices are Succup for 3M+ or Borregales at the vet min I'd take the latter 

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Nah 🤣 I'm good on drafting kickers

I feel like Borregales was close to Succop last year so if the choices are Succup for 3M+ or Borregales at the vet min I'd take the latter 

idk i went to a couple camp practices. Borregales was inaccurate to Succup's performance in those drills. I agree - you can find a kicker after the draft somewhere. Problem is Licht can never settle/like the one that's solid and consistent and misses when he tries to find a bigger leg. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I like Hooker - but he's going to be 26 and most likely be red shirted this year. Not exactly who I would use a day two or even 4th round pick on. 

Really don t have an issue for age of a QB.  Most top 10 QBs in the league can play near their mid 30s.  Now a debate can be whether Hooker has that upside.  My stance with Hooker is I hope that they can get him around Rd 3, but if they miss out I won't consider it a failure by Licht.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Really don t have an issue for age of a QB.  Most top 10 QBs in the league can play near their mid 30s.  Now a debate can be whether Hooker has that upside.  My stance with Hooker is I hope that they can get him around Rd 3, but if they miss out I won't consider it a failure by Licht.

makes sense. Yeah - does he have the upside that warrants a day 2 pick? We'll see