NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

Mannn if we pick hooker at 19 I'm going to be so disappointed 🤣

Also went back and watched more of Levis' pro day and oof, I just hate his body language in-between throwing reps. He's trying way to hard to act like he has swagger and it just comes off as too cocky imo especially for a guy that's the consensus 4th guy. Usually for me it'd be a heavy no, but his potential is so high i keep coming back to think about it and re-watch his play. 

Off of film and physical traits I like levis a ton but his personality and etiquette  sucks

Also went back and watched more of Levis' pro day and oof, I just hate his body language in-between throwing reps. He's trying way to hard to act like he has swagger and it just comes off as too cocky imo especially for a guy that's the consensus 4th guy. Usually for me it'd be a heavy no, but his potential is so high i keep coming back to think about it and re-watch his play. 

Off of film and physical traits I like levis a ton but his personality and etiquette  sucks

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Reminds me a lot of Baker Mayfiled in this aspect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I just think we need to buckle up for a QB to be drafted before day 3.  They are investing a lot of time meeting a bunch of QB prospects.  All of the Qbs they could possibly draft are going to have a question mark attached.

22 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I just think we need to buckle up for a QB to be drafted before day 3.  They are investing a lot of time meeting a bunch of QB prospects.  All of the Qbs they could possibly draft are going to have a question mark attached.

I am prepared for the QB that we take to be Hooker. I think a lot of teams have Hooker as either QB #3 or #4 on their board - pending who you ask and either Levis or Richardson 4 or 5. The news of Hooker being a round 1 pick [probably isn't new either. I think the media just assumed he'd be a day 2/3 pick due to the november injury. But apparently scouts see him as a round 1 talent and if the medical checks out and he can be ready to throw in August - i can see it. He must have been acing the interview process in the film room which is key for QB's. Some say he comes from a "gimmick" offense with easy throws yet he was charted 4th or 5th in Big time throws in college football last year with only 4 TO worthy plays. 

However - there are some LT prospects that I think the Bucs need to consider at 19. But if we take a QB in rounds 1-3 , it shows that Bowles and staff/scouts aren't thrilled with how Trask has developed behind the scenes. 

The more I read about Max Starks evaluation on Antoine Harrison - The more I'll love it if he's the pick. Somethings I'm not educated on in terms of Prospect to pro LT play - he's raved not only about his athleticism and work ethic training with creed humphrey and orlando brown , but his hand techniques and foot work being NFL ready. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

The more I read about Max Starks evaluation on Antoine Harrison - The more I'll love it if he's the pick. Somethings I'm not educated on in terms of Prospect to pro LT play - he's raved not only about his athleticism and work ethic training with creed humphrey and orlando brown , but his hand techniques and foot work being NFL ready. 

Darnell Wright and Anton Harrison, I'd be very happy with at 19 if we pick an OT

i just dont want Broderick Jones because I think he's going to bust

35 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Darnell Wright and Anton Harrison, I'd be very happy with at 19 if we pick an OT

i just dont want Broderick Jones because I think he's going to bust

I agree although i think he's not going to bust - just will be moved inside. Not a LT prospect in my opinion. 

What're your thoughts on Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland? I want to like him bc of the upside and the upside is truly there lol. But I don't think he can step in at LT day one and have immediate success. 

5 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I am prepared for the QB that we take to be Hooker. I think a lot of teams have Hooker as either QB #3 or #4 on their board - pending who you ask and either Levis or Richardson 4 or 5. The news of Hooker being a round 1 pick [probably isn't new either. I think the media just assumed he'd be a day 2/3 pick due to the november injury. But apparently scouts see him as a round 1 talent and if the medical checks out and he can be ready to throw in August - i can see it. He must have been acing the interview process in the film room which is key for QB's. Some say he comes from a "gimmick" offense with easy throws yet he was charted 4th or 5th in Big time throws in college football last year with only 4 TO worthy plays. 

However - there are some LT prospects that I think the Bucs need to consider at 19. But if we take a QB in rounds 1-3 , it shows that Bowles and staff/scouts aren't thrilled with how Trask has developed behind the scenes. 

I do think Hooker will be a 1st rd pick and the Bucs should be interested, IMO.  He plays against NFL defensive schemes in the SEC.  I think the decision about Hooker is what they think about Mayfield and not Trask.  I know I want Trask to succeed, but the reality is he has shown to be nothing more then a backup QB.  

Never go wrong drafting OL or pass rusher early.  However, objectively after the Cats take a QB at first overall, the Bucs will have the worst Qb depth chart in the division.  Maybe Baker is the answer, a huge question mark.

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I do think Hooker will be a 1st rd pick and the Bucs should be interested, IMO.  He plays against NFL defensive schemes in the SEC.  I think the decision about Hooker is what they think about Mayfield and not Trask.  I know I want Trask to succeed, but the reality is he has shown to be nothing more then a backup QB.  

Never go wrong drafting OL or pass rusher early.  However, objectively after the Cats take a QB at first overall, the Bucs will have the worst Qb depth chart in the division.  Maybe Baker is the answer, a huge question mark.

Trask hasn't even shown he can be a #2 lol. I don't think they are counting on Trask winning the job - more so if he does - great. But they brought in Mayfield and targeted Brissett for a reason. 

18 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

What're your thoughts on Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland? I want to like him bc of the upside and the upside is truly there lol. But I don't think he can step in at LT day one and have immediate success. 

I liked Duncan when I watched him but I agree that he wouldn't be able step in right away. I'd feel more comfortable with him as a 3rd rounder. I preferred Matthew Bergeron though, he looked a little more polished. 

• Like 1

I like Hooker's game. Has a stong arm and shows good touch at all (3) levels of the field throws. He has protoypical size and has an elusiveness to his ground game, so not just a guy who is fast only for a QB. Looked good in some of the limited games I watched in being able to make multiple reads and not just lock onto a target.

However, he's not just a guy that's gonna step in day one and be ready to go. Tennessee's offense they run is wacky. Hooker also has a lot to clean-up with his mechanics and footwork inside the pocket. 

I wouldn't mind at all adding him, but not at pick 19. He's a back of the 1st round/early 2nd round type to me. 

On 4/8/2023 at 7:47 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I liked Duncan when I watched him but I agree that he wouldn't be able step in right away. I'd feel more comfortable with him as a 3rd rounder. I preferred Matthew Bergeron though, he looked a little more polished. 

Bergeron to me is fixed at RT. I don't think he has the athleticism to play LT in the NFL. He really struggles with speed and drops his head to compensate, which is why you see him get beat bad is some film. 

I actually think he's a guy that could move to OG at the next level and be a mauler there. 

As for Duncan, he definetely needs refinsement, but the tools are there to be a LT. It's gonna take a while though like you said.