NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

20 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Over Caleb Williams and Drake May? lol now. 

Don't think he'd overtake Willaims for that #1 pick status, but he absolutely could challenge Drake Maye. Maye has a lot of his own question marks to prove - specifically his accuracy on the easier throws and failing to sense pressure in the pocket. 

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't think he'd overtake Willaims for that #1 pick status, but he absolutely could challenge Drake Maye. Maye has a lot of his own question marks to prove - specifically his accuracy on the easier throws and failing to sense pressure in the pocket. 

But Richardson is still lower than Drake Maye in those same aspects. 1 - you've seen Maye do it better with lesser talent. Richardson had 2 years to learn. Maye was a RS Freshman on a lesser talented roster. 

Richardson is much more raw and you're about to invest a top 20 pick with other holes on the roster? Come on now. I can't even make the Lamar Jackson comparison. Richardson never dominated in any aspect of the game in college. I just don't see the argument. Maye was much better than Richardson last year. 

14 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

But Richardson is still lower than Drake Maye in those same aspects. 1 - you've seen Maye do it better with lesser talent. Richardson had 2 years to learn. Maye was a RS Freshman on a lesser talented roster. 

Richardson is much more raw and you're about to invest a top 20 pick with other holes on the roster? Come on now. I can't even make the Lamar Jackson comparison. Richardson never dominated in any aspect of the game in college. I just don't see the argument. Maye was much better than Richardson last year. 

Right, but that was the point @BucsDraftGeek47 was making in that if he went back to Florida and showed the growth anticipated as a Junior, he would be in that top QB conversation. I have no doubt that would've been the case, given he has potential to be game changer althletically at QB spot with his legs.

Richardson also had (3) different QB coaches and (2) different HC's at Florida. He was learning a whole new playbook this year and I do think that led to some of the struggl;es, particularly how awful he was at start of year. 

Maye was better last year, no doubt. Put he didn't showcase the take-over ability people already want to give him credit for. A lot of the stats were padded and the competition outside of a select few games wasn't great. Like I said, watching his tape you really see a deer in headlights when the pressure comes hard. Not an excuse for Richardson, as I said I think they both have real question marks that need answered in there game. 

I'm not advocating for Richardson, but I see why teams love him. If you think you have a franchise type QB that you'll have on a rookie deal for (5) seasons and you hit on that guy, you have the most valuable commodity not only in the NFL (and a competitive advantage to put other peices around him during that period), but in all of North American Sports. That's why you would invest a top 20 pick in said player even with roster holes elsewhere. 

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 1

For Richardson and Will Levis: When you struggle to complete passes in offenses that literally scheme for high percentage completions - there is an issue. 

When there is too much controversy around a prospect like this - you don't take him with the first round selection when your roster is bleeding holes at LT; Edge; DT; Safety; CB; TE and depth at G/C; DT/DE; ILB; CB; WR; and RB. 

Yes we need a QB - but taking the wrong QB bc you salivate over their physical specimen is the wrong choice. Richardson may be 2 years away from playing. Heck trask played better at Florida for 2 years than we ever saw Richardson take over a game. Richardson may be 2 years away from seeing the field or he may never actually be good enough to play QB at the NFL level. We don't know. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

For Richardson and Will Levis: When you struggle to complete passes in offenses that literally scheme for high percentage completions - there is an issue. 

When there is too much controversy around a prospect like this - you don't take him with the first round selection when your roster is bleeding holes at LT; Edge; DT; Safety; CB; TE and depth at G/C; DT/DE; ILB; CB; WR; and RB. 

Yes we need a QB - but taking the wrong QB bc you salivate over their physical specimen is the wrong choice. Richardson may be 2 years away from playing. Heck trask played better at Florida for 2 years than we ever saw Richardson take over a game. Richardson may be 2 years away from seeing the field or he may never actually be good enough to play QB at the NFL level. We don't know. 

I mean, I fully get the sentiment and like I said, I'm not advocating for Richardson or Levis, but if we do pul the trigger I totally get why. 

The roster holes arguement doesn't really gel IMO. This team isn't competing for championship next year despite all our optimism, even if they fill some of these holes with their picks tonight/tomorrow/Saturday. Reality is most of the guys they're going to take are projects. You're hoping to get 1-3 guys that can contribute meaningful snaps right away. 

We sold out for the championship run the last 3 years and got ourselves into some bad deals, which limited what we could accomplish in FA to plug some of those holes. Philospohy in a draft should never be to simply fill as many holes as possible, you want to fill some holes with depth, but you want good talent to develop into impact players on your roster. 

Edited by kgarrett12486

24 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

@RedandPewterReturns I honestly think the discussion of Richardson and Bucs it's going to be irrelevant anyway. Think Richardson's ceiling is #3 pick and his floor is #12 IMO. Don't see us trading up for any QB in round 1. 

I'm not so sure his floor is 12

I'd say 18 to Detroit, 20 Seattle,  23 Minnesota those are his absolute floor 

I think all these fantasy guys or strictly draft guys are pumping up ARich more than they should 

But I do hope he's gone so we aren't tempted

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I mean, I fully get the sentiment and like I said, I'm not advocating for Richardson or Levis, but if we do pul the trigger I totally get why. 

The roster holes arguement doesn't really gel IMO. This team isn't competing for championship next year despite all our optimism, even if they fill some of these holes with their picks tonight/tomorrow/Saturday. Reality is most of the guys they're going to take are projects. You're hoping to get 1-3 guys that can contribute meaningful snaps right away. 

We sold out for the championship run the last 3 years and got ourselves into some bad deals, which limited what we could accomplish in FA to plug some of those holes. Philospohy in a draft should never be to simply fill as many holes as possible, you want to fill some holes with depth, but you want good talent to develop into impact players on your roster. 

If Bowles internally says he doesn't want Richardson bc he can't play early- there is no way Licht makes that pick either. Bowles wants to win now and he knows hes out if he doesn't. If Licht makes the pick - its already not a good duo in place. 

We sold out for a championship - yes. But that doesn't mean we start making risky/bad picks either. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm not so sure his floor is 12

I'd say 18 to Detroit, 20 Seattle,  23 Minnesota those are his absolute floor 

I think all these fantasy guys or strictly draft guys are pumping up ARich more than they should 

But I do hope he's gone so we aren't tempted

I hope both him and Levis go early too. I feel like we'd be more tempted with Levis than Richardson who's the worst of the two in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

If Bowles internally says he doesn't want Richardson bc he can't play early- there is no way Licht makes that pick either. Bowles wants to win now and he knows hes out if he doesn't. If Licht makes the pick - its already not a good duo in place. 

We sold out for a championship - yes. But that doesn't mean we start making risky/bad picks either. 

Not sure Bowles has the influence you think. He may want to win now, but he doesn't hold the weight. If Licht feels there is a prospect (not just Richardson) that has a better ceiling and they can develop vs. A plug and play guy, they should and likely would take said player. They don't have to be in unison. I'm sure they console with Bowles, but roster construction via the draft reflects on Licht and he's gonna take his scouting department eval over a HC who probably knows little in this area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not sure Bowles has the influence you think. He may want to win now, but he doesn't hold the weight. If Licht feels there is a prospect (not just Richardson) that has a better ceiling and they can develop vs. A plug and play guy, they should and likely would take said player. They don't have to be in unison. I'm sure they console with Bowles, but roster construction via the draft reflects on Licht and he's gonna take his scouting department eval over a HC who probably knows little in this area.

Then they shouldve just fired bowles? Don't get it. Rebuilds never should start when you keep a coach who's seat was kinda warm and enters the next year on the hot seat. Taking a huge boom or bust type guy like Richardson who honestly never even had nearly the success of Kyle Trash lol is just plane idiotic and risky. Jordon Love was a better reach. 

What other prospect at 19 is going to be a huge project than Richardson? Jaelyn Duncan? 

4 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Then they shouldve just fired bowles? Don't get it. Rebuilds never should start when you keep a coach who's seat was kinda warm and enters the next year on the hot seat. Taking a huge boom or bust type guy like Richardson who honestly never even had nearly the success of Kyle Trash lol is just plane idiotic and risky. Jordon Love was a better reach. 

What other prospect at 19 is going to be a huge project than Richardson? Jaelyn Duncan? 

They should fire Bowles, but they don't wanna eat that deal after year 1 and admit defeat. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go after this season though.

There is a reason Richardson went #4. His ceiling is off the chart and teams felt they can hone his skills. He landed in a perfect spot too. Gets to sit a year behind Minshew and has the staff that runs an offense that will compliment his skills and showed they can develop guys with his same style (Hurts).

13 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

They should fire Bowles, but they don't wanna eat that deal after year 1 and admit defeat. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go after this season though.

There is a reason Richardson went #4. His ceiling is off the chart and teams felt they can hone his skills. He landed in a perfect spot too. Gets to sit a year behind Minshew and has the staff that runs an offense that will compliment his skills and showed they can develop guys with his same style (Hurts).

Thats a slap in the face to jalen hurts lol. Richardson showed nothing in terms of dominating at the college level.