NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I like Hooker's game. Has a stong arm and shows good touch at all (3) levels of the field throws. He has protoypical size and has an elusiveness to his ground game, so not just a guy who is fast only for a QB. Looked good in some of the limited games I watched in being able to make multiple reads and not just lock onto a target.

However, he's not just a guy that's gonna step in day one and be ready to go. Tennessee's offense they run is wacky. Hooker also has a lot to clean-up with his mechanics and footwork inside the pocket. 

I wouldn't mind at all adding him, but not at pick 19. He's a back of the 1st round/early 2nd round type to me. 

A big problem is he's also 25. Can't really afford to spend time to "develop" a guy who'll be 30 by the time his rookie contract ends. 

15 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I'm starting to get a sense of dread that we're taking Levis. 

If Baker did not have his draft status on his resume, the QB depth chart would look pitiful instead of depressing.  Right now, the team has McCown/Glennon 2.0 with a better team around them.

facepalm-dismay.gif

16 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yikes McCown/Glennon days

Don't remind me

I remember the Bucs signing McCown after he had like a 3 game hot streak starting for the Bears.  He was a journey men at that point.  Baker now on his 4 th team.  Look at how well Baker did once he got to LA.  Glennon a 3rd pick who the organization felt was a starter.  Trask drafted last pick of the 2nd rd, who Licht felt was the best QB in the division heading into the offseason.  The parallels are mind blowing.

For the luv of god, please draft a legitimate prospect to add competition to the QB depth chart.

worried-kermit.gif

Edited by ravishingone

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I remember the Bucs signing McCown after he had like a 3 game hot streak starting for the Bears.  He was a journey men at that point.  Baker now on his 4 th team.  Look at how well Baker did once he got to LA.  Glennon a 3rd pick who the organization felt was a starter.  Trask drafted last pick of the 2nd rd, who Licht felt was the best QB in the division heading into the offseason.  The parallels are mind blowing.

For the luv of god, please draft a legitimate prospect to add competition to the QB depth chart.

worried-kermit.gif

Takes me back to the Brian Griese/Chris Simms/Bruce Gradkowski days 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• Like 2

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs are hosting Alabama RB Jahmyr Gibbs for a top-30 visit.

The Bucs' first pick is No. 19 overall, though it's unlikely that they would take Gibbs that early in the draft. Most pundits see Gibbs as an early Day Two pick. Gibbs' visit with Tampa Bay will stoke fears that the Bucs weren't impressed with what they saw from Rachaad White in 2022

It depends what the evaluation of Levis is internally. He's a controversial prospect. The numbers arent there. The inconsistency is concerning. And he's 24 - was he not properly coached or is he maxed out to potential ? Excellent skill set but it's hard to say if he maxed out his potential or he still needs growth. I'm a PSU alum and I always wanted to see Levis develop in happy valley, but the truth was he never capitalized on his opportunities to play when Clifford was out nor could he beat out clifford bc he failed at the little things that make you a starter.