NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

Unless Gonzalez or Joey Porter Jr slips - I don't see us taking a Corner at 19. Pewter Report thinks that a receiver in round 1 could also be in play. 

PR is also thinking Robinson could be taken at 19 as well. Not sure how I feel about a round 1 running back especially since White definitely has earned reps and playing time. I'm still against having a workhorse RB and feel a 1-2 punch is more successful in today's game. 

For OL - the right tackle would have to fall to us. The plan at LT needs to be confirmed though soon if Wirfs moves to LT or not. That way - it could open up a move for Goedeke to compete at RT. 

I think Stinnie will be back and would probably win a RG or LG job. I think Mason is being dangled for trade right now but will also be off the roster due to cap reasons shortly. 

At 19, I think we can easily go RB, WR, CB, Tackle, Guard, or DL. Very hard to pinpoint a true projection. 

Even IF Richardson or Levis fall to us which is doubtful - I don't think we take either as they're projects that won't help Bowles win now. (which he needs). 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Unless Gonzalez or Joey Porter Jr slips - I don't see us taking a Corner at 19. Pewter Report thinks that a receiver in round 1 could also be in play. 

PR is also thinking Robinson could be taken at 19 as well. Not sure how I feel about a round 1 running back especially since White definitely has earned reps and playing time. I'm still against having a workhorse RB and feel a 1-2 punch is more successful in today's game. 

For OL - the right tackle would have to fall to us. The plan at LT needs to be confirmed though soon if Wirfs moves to LT or not. That way - it could open up a move for Goedeke to compete at RT. 

I think Stinnie will be back and would probably win a RG or LG job. I think Mason is being dangled for trade right now but will also be off the roster due to cap reasons shortly. 

At 19, I think we can easily go RB, WR, CB, Tackle, Guard, or DL. Very hard to pinpoint a true projection. 

Even IF Richardson or Levis fall to us which is doubtful - I don't think we take either as they're projects that won't help Bowles win now. (which he needs). 

im praying we dont take Robinson. Just have too many pressing needs. I think things will get easier once FA settles because as of right now we have so many holes. 

Vea and Hall only DTs on the roster is an issue. if bryan breese falls in your lap IMO you have to pull the trigger - its the jeffery simmons situation all over again. Bucs would be set with 3 iDL that can get after it. 

I’m also on board with Brian Branch from bama. Would play that nickel/S role well that Bowles assigned to Winfield. Would help us out allowing AWJ to free lance some. 

Bowles needs to come away with impact day 1 starters so I’m with you on the qb interest.

We 100% do not need Bijan

so many other needs than take an RB round 1 smh

i think Philly takes Bijan at 10 anyway

as far as pick 19 goes

I'd love Christan Gonzalez but he'll be gone most likely, I'd also love to get:

Porter Jr - he didnt wow at the combine so maybe he slips, he's also VERY handsy, they let that stuff go in college but in the NFL he better fix that or he's going to constantly be called for holding or PI

Nolan Smith - probably wont make it to us now after that amazing combine he had

Lucas Van Ness

Peter Skoronski - probably wont be there

Paris Johnson - ^

and I'd be happy with:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba - I don't really want a WR but i think Njigba will ball in the NFL

Brian Breese - I still think we need IDL help, with Hicks gone , not to mention Logan Hall didnt flash much at all last year

Emmanuel Forbes

Kelee Ringo

Brian Branch

I do NOT want:

ANY TE , for the love of all that is holy, please allow us to learn from our OJ Howard mistakes

Broderick Jones - just from the little bit that I've seen from him he looks like he's gona be a bust

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

We 100% do not need Bijan

so many other needs than take an RB round 1 smh

i think Philly takes Bijan at 10 anyway

as far as pick 19 goes

I'd love Christan Gonzalez but he'll be gone most likely, I'd also love to get:

Porter Jr - he didnt wow at the combine so maybe he slips, he's also VERY handsy, they let that stuff go in college but in the NFL he better fix that or he's going to constantly be called for holding or PI

Nolan Smith - probably wont make it to us now after that amazing combine he had

Lucas Van Ness

Peter Skoronski - probably wont be there

Paris Johnson - ^

and I'd be happy with:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba - I don't really want a WR but i think Njigba will ball in the NFL

Brian Breese - I still think we need IDL help, with Hicks gone , not to mention Logan Hall didnt flash much at all last year

Emmanuel Forbes

Kelee Ringo

Brian Branch

I do NOT want:

ANY TE , for the love of all that is holy, please allow us to learn from our OJ Howard mistakes

Broderick Jones - just from the little bit that I've seen from him he looks like he's gona be a bust

im with you minus Wr round 1. forbes at 166 pounds combine scares the hell outta me. He is very good though but needs to add weight. That banks kid from UMD is intriguing i also like julius brents later. 

lucas van ness and nolan smith are both guys im not sure how they hold up. Smith over LVN though if we go edge

I saw Pewter Report has us taking Brian Branch at 19 in their latest mock so i decided to look at some of the Safety prospects

Brian Branch - to me he seems a little light weight, but he's definitely a playmaker. Also imo a little similar to AWJ , so it'd be interesting if they did select him to see where he'd line up most of the time. Probably nickle, but is that really worth that high a pick? idk, good player though

Antonio Johnson - hard hitter , bigger safety, more of a tone setter and looked great in run support

Sydney Brown - very athletic as well, ball hawk, also plays nickle

Jammie Robinson - very good blitzer, sometimes likes to lay the wood a little too much for my liking which leads to missed tackles, FSU seemed to really love blitzing him bc alot of his highlights are him coming off the edge or creeping up, good in run support

those are the top 4 guys according to PFF

i liked Sydney Brown the most out of the highlights, for some reason he's rated the 3rd best , maybe a 2nd or 3rd round guy if we dont get any FA Safeties. Brown also tested very well at the combine (4.47 40, 40.5 in vert, 10"10 broad)

21 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I saw Pewter Report has us taking Brian Branch at 19 in their latest mock so i decided to look at some of the Safety prospects

Brian Branch - to me he seems a little light weight, but he's definitely a playmaker. Also imo a little similar to AWJ , so it'd be interesting if they did select him to see where he'd line up most of the time. Probably nickle, but is that really worth that high a pick? idk, good player though

Antonio Johnson - hard hitter , bigger safety, more of a tone setter and looked great in run support

Sydney Brown - very athletic as well, ball hawk, also plays nickle

Jammie Robinson - very good blitzer, sometimes likes to lay the wood a little too much for my liking which leads to missed tackles, FSU seemed to really love blitzing him bc alot of his highlights are him coming off the edge or creeping up, good in run support

those are the top 4 guys according to PFF

i liked Sydney Brown the most out of the highlights, for some reason he's rated the 3rd best , maybe a 2nd or 3rd round guy if we dont get any FA Safeties. Brown also tested very well at the combine (4.47 40, 40.5 in vert, 10"10 broad)

hell yeah Branch is a good pick. The way Bowles likes to involve his safeties in his defense, he’d help right away. For one he is an excellent tackler which is an upgrade over Neal, Edwards already. We missed Whitehead TFL’s run stuffing ability last year. Branch can not only provide that but he can cover slot WRs. He has Minkah Fitzpatrick type skills. Pair him and AWJ together and no team would be able to tell who is blitzing/covering. From a disguise standpoint having two jack of all trades would help Bowles out. i was against cine last year because i didnt see the ball skills. 

looking at some Edge tape rn:

Tyree Wilson - Nice upper body strength, he incorporates that into a good bull rush, has great size and looks to have good play speed as well, would be a great pick but its improbable that he falls to 19

Lucas Van Ness - not a great first step is the first thing i noticed, makes up for it with a high motor, he plays the run well, I think its odd that they have him as an edge because Iowa liked playing him inside a bunch too, he could even be a 5 tech for us if we took him, which honestly makes him more appealing imo, on tape though he looks kina slow so the more i see the more think he might be an avoid 

Myles Murphy - great bend, and shows good short area burst, for being over 270 he definitely has good speed, its interesting that he didnt run at the combine to show that off

Andre Carter - hard to judge since he plays for army and they usually dont play anyone great, he shows good instincts and athleticism, especially dropping back in zone and running out to the flats, that surprised me, hes just super athletic kinda like Zaven Collins but without the great testing numbers

Nolan Smith - kinda small for an edge which i dont like, obviously has great speed (4.39), he plays the run alot better than i expected considering his weight (240), he just bends under guys and has good vision finding RBs

Will McDonald - similar size to Nolan Smith just a little bit taller, but he does look thicker, his highlights werent overall eye popping or anything but he looks like a solid player

Derek Hall - great burst off the LOS, high motor, looks like a good player but i think he needs to develop some more moves to beat OLinemen, the majority of his winning reps are won with his speed, when the OL gets their hands on him he can get stifled

BJ Ojulari - alot of different moves he uses which is nice to see compared to some of the other edge rushers, great speed, and hand placement, he has good power for being smaller than some of the other guys weight wise (248)

Adetomiwa Adebawore - great combine workout, very fast on tape, comfrotable with stunts, very nice inside move which is nice to see instead of all the outside speed rushers

i didnt look at Will Anderson because there is zero chance we get him

if I were to rank these guys it'd go like this:

Tyree Wilson

Myles Murphy,

Nolan Smith

BJ Ojulari

Van Ness

Adebawore

Mcdonald

Derek Hall

Andre Carter

I'll be 1000% honest - when i see someone say "great combine workout" or "didn't run as fast or performed as well at the combine" - I laugh. I'd rather use this for interviews and ask what I've seen on tape than weigh the combine stats. 

Joey Porter didn't blow people away with his 40 - but corners don't start in track stance lol. They have to press and flip the hips turn and run lol. The 40 is straight line speed. 

9 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I'll be 1000% honest - when i see someone say "great combine workout" or "didn't run as fast or performed as well at the combine" - I laugh. I'd rather use this for interviews and ask what I've seen on tape than weigh the combine stats. 

Joey Porter didn't blow people away with his 40 - but corners don't start in track stance lol. They have to press and flip the hips turn and run lol. The 40 is straight line speed. 

Agreed. You're really should be focusing on the outliers - the guys who set records/have the top 10% RAS scores and the guys who are in the bottom 10% of the RAS scores. if you fall in those categories, teams should be looking onot their 'numbers' and testing them more IMO. 

otherwise, for the other guys who fall more inline with the norms, rely on their tape and use the combine as interview platform to learn about their character, preperation, and commitment. 

12 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Porter is 6’2 and ran a 4.46 thats pretty good for someone that tall. His 40 should not matter as much. For CB’s that are 5’10 and running a 4.46 thats a bigger issue. 

my CB rankings after watching some film:

Devon Witherspoon - ferocious tackler + all the instincts you want in a corner, great in zone which we do a lot of

Christian Gonzalez - elite ballhawk

Joey Porter Jr - sticky coverman, my only gripe is he's a bit too handsy and that'll get called in the NFL alot more than in college, but still a fantastic player

Cam Smith - highly athletic, good blitzer too

Emmanuel Forbes - elite ballhawk, the weight doesnt bother me a ton since he's a corner, he has a nose for the ball and thats something we need in our secondary

Kelee Ringo - very comfortable in zone and man

Julius Brents- sure tackler, good all around film on Quinten Johnston too

Garrett Williams - shows good instincts, playmaker, doesnt always sell out for a pick everytime and is smart enough to know he can get the PBU which is a good trait imo

Trevious Hodges-Tomlinson - great hips that allow him to adjust quickly on routes, not afraid to put his body on the line in run support, he's a high ceiling player

Tyrique Stevenson - good coverage skills, needs time to develop, good in run support 

Deonte Banks - nothing in the film really stood out to me , but all around decent