NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

On 1/16/2023 at 11:30 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Maybe I'm just more bullish than others on this idea

Finding LTs is nearly impossible outside of the draft these days, whereas finding RTs are a little bit easier whether that be in FA or the draft.

I guess Wirfs did play RT in college all his career at Iowa but all of his projections had him moving to LT.

The main benefit in my eyes of keeping him at RT is it'd save us money for when we have to resign him. But I have a feeling it's going to be tough to move on from Donovan Smith and find a decent LT.

Orlando Brown did it and quite successfully. Wirfs figures he's going to get paid either way? I mean Brown wanted to move to LT bc he could 1. Do it . 1B- Wanted more $$$ which could drive Wirfs interest to do it. 

I would be intrigued if we tried moving Goedeke to RT after a down year at Guard. He struggled against DT and rush LB's inside. But at times looked confused/uncomfortable on blocking assignments. Maybe thats due to not having a clean position? idk 

With how cap strapped we are - it's going to be a tough year. One where we need to aquire more picks in my opinion. That Kyle Trask pick looks horrible considering Paulson Adeebo was there for us and would've allowed us to let Carlton walk and extend Dean :( 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Richardson might be the most polarizing prospoect in the draft. I've heard he's anywhere from 1st-4th round grade on teams boards.

Do not doubt that.  I do wonder with the evolution of the NFL, does passing accuracy matter as much?  With all the rules added to restrict the defense, a good offense should not have to complete many tight window throws in a game.  I do wonder if QB mobility is even more important then throwing accuracy in today's NFL.  If a prospect is most accurate throwing a 9 route, it is invaluable in today's game.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Do not doubt that.  I do wonder with the evolution of the NFL, does passing accuracy matter as much?  With all the rules added to restrict the defense, a good offense should not have to complete many tight window throws in a game.  I do wonder if QB mobility is even more important then throwing accuracy in today's NFL.  If a prospect is most accurate throwing a 9 route, it is invaluable in today's game.

I think that is the correlation. If you're mobile, accuracy matetrs less. If you're a pocket passer, I think it's still highly valued. Given the NFL is moving more and more towards QB mobility and valuing thoise types, I think you're statement is probably accurate. 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 10:20 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

I think that is the correlation. If you're mobile, accuracy matetrs less. If you're a pocket passer, I think it's still highly valued. Given the NFL is moving more and more towards QB mobility and valuing thoise types, I think you're statement is probably accurate. 

Agreed...  When you have the threat of running it opens lots of passing lanes etc and makes accuracy less of a need.  Watching Jalen Hurts is a perfect example of this for both the run and the pass this past season.

46 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Anthony Richardson is said to be crushing the interview process at the Combine 👀

"I talked to a handful of scouts last night ... Every single one of them said 'Anthony Richardson is the best QB interview they've had this year.'" — @nfldraftscout pic.twitter.com/MbZ3CAMBF5

— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) March 2, 2023

wow that Richardson report is surprising. I dont think he’s that good, his accuracy is the worst out of Stroud, Young and Levis. His completion % scares the crap out of me.

Nevertheless,

here are MY draft targets

Emmanuel Forbes, Clark Phillips III, Cam Smith and Brain Branch for my realistic db options rounds 1-2. I have the biggest draft crush on Phillips I think he’s going to be Chris Harris JR / Jaire Alexander type of CB. Need a CB like him that can play outside and NCB. Excellent hands, great anticipation and instincts. Phillips III will be a top CB in the NFL one day. Not super big CB so we could probably trade back and still land him.

Nolan Smith, Bryan Breese, are the only two targets for “pass rush juice” I like at 19 if they are there. Everyone else im not to keen on.

Think this should be a defensive focus draft. Not ruling out an OT either because there are some nice prospects 1-2 grade. We’ll see what they think of Goedeke at RT shortly.

Edited by indifference

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anthony Richardson is said to be crushing the interview process at the Combine 👀

"I talked to a handful of scouts last night ... Every single one of them said 'Anthony Richardson is the best QB interview they've had this year.'" — @nfldraftscout pic.twitter.com/MbZ3CAMBF5

— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) March 2, 2023

If he’s there at 19, who says yes?

I watched some highlights of the top 4 QBs

Here's how I view them in order;

CJ Stroud - elite traits and processing + rushing ability

Will Levis - the people comparing him to Josh Allen arent far off imo, this guy has an absolute cannon and can use his legs for major yards + isnt afraid of contact (which should be toned down a bit because he will get rocked in the NFL if he tries to do the same things) 

Bryce Young - I'm not really a fan, he's just to small and its hard to get a real gage on his ability because Alabama's OL is just so dominant so the guy has all day back there to make throws, and yes he can run, but idk if he can run in the NFL, because there is a difference, he's not super fast or elusive and his slight frame would leave him vulnerable to injuries if he ran a bunch in the league

Anthony Richardson - elite physical tools, but definitely more of a project, i guess you could fall in love with the potential, but I'm not into taking a high pick to have him sit for 1 or more years, granted our system could be QB friendly it could work

if we were going after a QB id love to trade up for Stroud or Levis

if Richardson is there at 19 then you think about it , but i personally wouldnt

im out on Young