NFL Prospects '23

ravishingone

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

imo nah

too many other holes to fill than use a pick on a project QB

i understand the logic. there’s always a chance a first round qb slips and if u feel like he can be a franchise changer pull it. however, im cool with seeing Trask do in this new system. 

25 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Another formal meeting with a QB- hmmm

He makes the most sense for us in the 1st round in terms of skillset, development and where he's expected to come off the board.

Stroud is off the board in top (3)

Unless Young measures in at like 5'10 tomorrow, he's a top (10) pick too.

Richardson is just so raw and really should be a late 1st round guy that a team back there can take a chance on unlocking his talents for 3 years down the road. IMO there is no inbetween with him. He's either going to develop into that Cam Newton type, or he's gonna be out of the league after his 1st contract.  

I've given up trying to figure out the QB prospect.  After Tom Brady from Michigan and Pat Mahomes from Texas Tech are multi.SB winners, who truly believed that reality.  First 2 years, Trask looks like a back up.  PR thinking Brissett will be signed.  The definition of the mediocre journeymen Qb.  Levis or Richardson, no issue if either is selected.

I'm at the point where i'd rather wait a year for next years draft QBs, Williams, Ewers and Maye are all nice options and plus we can atelast see what our 2nd round QB has in a new system. And i think we need a CB, S and OT way more than a project QB.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 7:17 PM, djw4bucs said:

I'm at the point where i'd rather wait a year for next years draft QBs, Williams, Ewers and Maye are all nice options and plus we can atelast see what our 2nd round QB has in a new system. And i think we need a CB, S and OT way more than a project QB.

This is exactly how I feel

Even throw Edge, IDL, and maybe even LB if we lose David

Not to mention, Richardson is probably a top 10 lock now after his performance at the combine. He's Still a project,  but ppl are going go be mesmerized by his Physical tools.

As far as qb goes , rn my top guy that we maybe could get , would be Levis. But even that would require a trade up and I wouldn't want to give up too much.

Stroud I like the most in the class but we gave zero shot at him

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

This is exactly how I feel

Even throw Edge, IDL, and maybe even LB if we lose David

Not to mention, Richardson is probably a top 10 lock now after his performance at the combine. He's Still a project,  but ppl are going go be mesmerized by his Physical tools.

As far as qb goes , rn my top guy that we maybe could get , would be Levis. But even that would require a trade up and I wouldn't want to give up too much.

Stroud I like the most in the class but we gave zero shot at him

I believe it will be malpractice if they do not draft a QB at some time during the draft.  There will not be a clear cut QB1 going into the draft.  Draft one this year, draft one next year if needed.  

What is impossible to judge is what a Canales offense needs in a QB?  Will it need mobility to run RPOs frequently?  Will it need arm strength to complete those dig routes in the Arians offense?  All unknowns.

22 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I believe it will be malpractice if they do not draft a QB at some time during the draft.  There will not be a clear cut QB1 going into the draft.  Draft one this year, draft one next year if needed.  

What is impossible to judge is what a Canales offense needs in a QB?  Will it need mobility to run RPOs frequently?  Will it need arm strength to complete those dig routes in the Arians offense?  All unknowns.

I'm of the thpought you should be taking a QB in every single draft. Now that doesn't always mean 1-3, but you should be taking one in every draft because it's the single most viatle entitiy in any sport in North America. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm of the thpought you should be taking a QB in every single draft. Now that doesn't always mean 1-3, but you should be taking one in every draft because it's the single most viatle entitiy in any sport in North America. 

Absolutely agree.  All day 3 picks are lottery picks regardless of position.   I don't care what round, I just want a Qb drafted.

23 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

110% agree here. In our current situation - we're not in position to land Stroud or Young. Don't necessarily have the picks to do so. Not sure I really want to do so with Caleb williams coming out next year and our roster expected to be decimated in FA. 

If you don't have the sure franchise guy - keep swinging in the middle rounds - day 2 and 3. See if you can find a needle in the haystack. 

On 3/5/2023 at 11:21 AM, ravishingone said:

The kid from UCLA - Thompson I think? keeps popping up on PR's radar as a potential round 3-7 pick 

So I was more impressed with how well Richardson interviewed at the podium for being 20-21 years old than he was doing the combine drills. 

Now - picking at 19 , I'm still not even considering trading up for him or in fact taking him with the way our roster is about to be decimated (22 unrestricted FA's with literally no Cap room). With Bowles in a win now desperation attempt - there is no way we take a project that absolutely needs to sit for 2 years. 

Now as a GM of the Colts or Panthers or even Raiders Falcons - and I'm still taking Stroud or Young over these two. Safer picks that will workout in my opinion. If the choice is between Richardson or Levis - I'm taking Richardson. I don't think there's more you can get out of Levis. He's 24 and didn't seem to answer questions you'd normally see a QB do. I keep thinking since the Colts are now in that mode of new HC - there's time to develop a QB and roster and Steichem's history with guys like Herbert and Hurts - I think Richardson at 4 is a real possibility due to fit or Seattle at 5 where he can sit a year behind Geno. 

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Certainly possible.  Canales may value mobility more then BA.  No issue if he is the pick

I've seen a few UCLA games. He's a talented athlete for sure. Upside as an NFL QB? Can't say i watched enough to thoroughly evaluate yes or no. Apparently he's got a live arm. But in a few clips/games I watched - he didn't make a lot of high level throws. Would have to see more.