Oregon Trail Mafia - Settlers and Malf Wins

Pickle Rick

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

...so you thought it was merely coincidental that every user with a single word name was not shortened? also deadpulse is read as one word to me, and either way, no one calls him just "dead" or "pulse".

I maintain it was the most simplistic most obvious explanation, especially since the host literally seemingly changed it himself from a previous vote count

The Orca

The idea was that it wasn’t coincidental… I do not understand 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The Orca

The idea was that it wasn’t coincidental… I do not understand 

the orca is not a single word name that was not shortened.

either way it's basically confirmed at this point that it was just Pickle shortening some names so let's not dwell on it, eh?

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If you get two yellow Nerds (the candy) in a box of pink Nerds, do you think that the pattern isn't intended to be that the pink boxes contain Pink nerds, because of a couple anomalies?

This is not a question of intellect or right/wrong. It is a question of logical process.

If I tell someone “this box only has pink Nerds” and he or she responds with “no they’re not! I had a box like that with yellow ones!” 
He or she may be wrong. But his or her logical process in getting to his or her conclusion is not faulty 

42 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

the orca is not a single word name that was not shortened.

either way it's basically confirmed at this point that it was just Pickle shortening some names so let's not dwell on it, eh?

I lied. 

Edited by Whicker

33 minutes ago, Whicker said:

See you all later. This inane position of my alleged faulty logic is going to be distracting to town. I’ll come back tomorrow 

You mean the confirmed correct position?

40 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The idea that “the orca” isn’t one word that needs to be shortened but “Slappy mc” is doesn’t register with me. I really do not get Nacho’s position 

34 minutes ago, Whicker said:

11sanchez11 and bcb1213 would require the exact same number of character deletions. Similar ones at that 

Ask Pickle, not me. Perhaps he felt that the four-or-lower amount of characters of "Orca", "Mwil", and "bcb" were too short and disliked the leading numbers in sanchez's name. These are more reasonable explanations for why Pickle shortened some player's names after a couple VCs and not others, rather than the theory that he "just changed them all for scum players only on the third or fourth VC for inexplicable reasons(???)".

But yeah, sure, my position is "inane". I guess the host is "inane", too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You mean the confirmed correct position?

Ask Pickle, not me. Perhaps he felt that the four-or-lower amount of characters of "Orca", "Mwil", and "bcb" were too short and disliked the leading numbers in sanchez's name. These are more reasonable explanations for why Pickle shortened some player's names after a couple VCs and not others, rather than the theory that he "just changed them all for scum players only on the third or fourth VC for inexplicable ReAsOnS(???)".

I think harping on Whicker or the subject is counter productive and just gaslighting. 

• Like 1