BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

On this very low key Friday (hopefully that continues), I will be posting synopsis on each team's draft class in "If this draft class was a movie" theme. You must tag me and post your round by round draft class, followed by a brief roster update synopsis, as I will be too lazy and/or uninformed to go digging.

@MWil23Sorry if I am late on this. But, would love to see your movie thoughts too.

1.3 - Will Anderson, Edge, Alabama

2.3 - Calijah Kancey, INT, Pitt (Traded next yr 1st to acquire pick, since original rd 2 traded for Maxx Crosby)

3.4 - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

4.2 - Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State

6.3 - Quan Martin, S, Illinois

6.14 - Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

7.6 - Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia

7.10 - Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

I am not at fault. 3 downing Howard was my plan. I had no intention of ever shipping him. Blue approached me after I 3 downed him. I had no involvement in seeking compensation nor did I expect any 

This reminds me, 

if anyone wants William Jackson Ross Blacklock or Melvin Gordon for god knows what reason, feel free to contact me

other guys i might move

WR Michael Thomas

LT Tyron Smith

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

I am not at fault. 3 downing Howard was my plan. I had no intention of ever shipping him. Blue approached me after I 3 downed him. I had no involvement in seeking compensation nor did I expect any 

Are you going to try to bring back Howard in free agency?

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Then I guess I just don't understand why you didn't ask around to see if you could get something for a player you were going to rid of anyways

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Because he didn’t want to. 

As a general rule I don’t seek trades. I really can’t think of a time, other than the draft, where I’ve approached someone cold about a trade in this league. I really don’t like it in general and I believe I’m quite poor at it overall. If I can accomplish a goal without trading, I often go that route. I understand in this situation it cost me a bit, but I refuse to be at “fault” for this situation when I had zero intention of getting here in the first place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't see how it is my fault that you got nothing for a player you were not going to keep. That is all.

Okay but it is your fault that we had to get a ruling on something that shouldn’t have taken place 

My BDL outlook won’t change based on trading or downing Howard. His salary is off my roster. That’s my concern

Just now, Whicker said:

Okay but it is your fault that we had to get a ruling on something that shouldn’t have taken place 

My BDL outlook won’t change based on trading or downing Howard. His salary is off my roster. That’s my concern

Okay, sure.

That's fine. I don't care what you do with your team, it's your team, do what you want. I just don't understand not trying to get something for a player you plan on 3 Downing, just in case somebody wants him. You don't have to explain it to me, I'm not asking you to, I just don't understand it.