Josh Dobbs Talk

KingTitan

Really looking at him what is his problem? Why is he not a suitable NFL starter long term? 

Going back and looking at his preseason games.

Looks to have a good arm. Not a rocket but good. 

Can run and move.

Obviously smart. Seems decisive. 

Looked pretty decent without Henry. About as good as Tannehill has looked. 

What are y'all thoughts about him? 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

No doubt not a franchise guy. 

I get the crux of your question … MAYBE dobbs could become a mid-level starter given his athleticism, brains, etc (although I highly doubt it)

I’ve just had enough of mid-level QBing. We need to start prioritizing finding THE guy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I get the crux of your question … MAYBE dobbs could become a mid-level starter given his athleticism, brains, etc (although I highly doubt it)

I’ve just had enough of mid-level QBing. We need to start prioritizing finding THE guy

Yeah 

Honestly just trying to think of a suitable bridge. 

If we do have to draft a project this year or try to stay a float until we sell the farm for magic beans next year. 

Can he be Geno Smith like? 

It's going to be such a weird offseason for us. Do we run it back with Tannehill and Dobbs and just fix the oline and get another WR? But then what do we do after that? We'll be middle of the pack and miss out on any chance for a top pick QB the next 2 years. Or cut Tannehill and get an even more mid QB and get a high pick next year. 

It's weird to think how much this Jags game means for our future. We can go from top 10 pick all the way to picking in the 20s. This game affects our next 3 to 4 years. No matter what happens I hope we fire Downing and get someone new in here. I can see an argument for either side. I'll be very interested to see what the new GM or Vrabel do.

• Like 1

I mean, he's a great backup: he understands the position, and can do enough to not lose a game, which is exactly what you want out of a backup, but that's about all he can do.

I really don't understand the logic of starting him against the Jags.  I guess the logic is that he gives us the best chance to shoot ourselves in the foot by winning a game that does nothing but give us a meaningless AFCS title before we get bounced by 30 points in the first round of the playoffs and take ourselves out of the running for a blue chip first round pick to help rebuild.

With the added bonus of either not giving Malik some valuable reps if you want to see what you have in him, or giving him some valuable reps to show something if you want to move on from him and trade him to someone for a late round pick.