Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Off-Season Wishlist...

- Fire Canada

- Go after Tremaine Edmunds

- Draft a T @ 18

- Draft a CB @ 32

- Draft another LB @ 49

- Go after JJSS, Equaminieous St. Brown, or Mecole Hardman in FA.

Not bad.   

No thanks to Juju.

More concerned about DL than OL or even CB.    Feel like it really needs to be addressed.

Just now, 43M said:

Not bad.   

No thanks to Juju.

More concerned about DL than OL or even CB.    Feel like it really needs to be addressed.

Woof. Couldn’t disagree more there just based on the fact there is more about what we need for FAs on DL than those other two positions. 

• Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

not seeing Austin all yr is such a bummer. this offense needs another WR and can use some speed. We might have that in house, but we don't know how he can perform

Fans don’t but the team does which is important. But we need to get DJs replacement in house now. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So the wins get caveats but not the loses?

The reality is, Tomlin is a really good coach at getting his team to overperform when they are down, but the years we had plenty of talent, we regularly underperformed and played down to inferior competition.

Tomlin isnt a bad coach, but he isnt a great coach either.    I think he is a good enough coach to keep us a consistent PLAYOFF team, but not necessarily a Super Bowl caliber team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Tomlin isnt a bad coach, but he isnt a great coach either.    I think he is a good enough coach to keep us a consistent PLAYOFF team, but not necessarily a Super Bowl caliber team.

Who the heck does this fit then to be great? Tomlins record is better than BB’s without Brady.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Woof. Couldn’t disagree more there just based on the fact there is more about what we need for FAs on DL than those other two positions. 

Well, obviously free agency will change things.     OL performed well enough to where Im not overly worried about it.    Sure it could be improved, but the OL is young and trending up and the DL is clearly trending down.

Just now, warfelg said:

Who the heck does this fit then to be great? Tomlins record is better than BB’s without Brady.

And where has Tomlin took us without mostly Cowhers players and LeBeau running the D?

What has this team done noteworthy in the last decade?

Why does Tomlin constantly get a pass for this team spinning tires?

Much like @AFF, Im not calling for Tomlin to be fired or anything, but his seat should absolutely be warm.   The "no losing seasons" stuff doesn't mean much when the accomplishments dont really go much further than that.

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

I think we can all agree on one thing

Najee should be full non-contact all the way up until week 1 of the regular season next year. That foot injury ended up costing us a resemblance of a run game for half the year.

this reminds me that we brought back master teague . I liked what I saw from him last yr in preseason. if he can play special teams...he'd can be a nice physical short down down back to add to Harris/warren...expect to see a lot of him during the preseason

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Why does Tomlin constantly get a pass for this team spinning tires?

He doesn’t get a full pass from me, but more the reasons he doesn’t get a pass from others don’t sit well with me. Saying it’s because he hasn’t won in the playoffs then give context to the wins but not the losses runs me wrong. Mind you the Jags playoff game is the only one that bothers me. 

• Like 2