2023 Week #18 GDT 8-8 Steelers vs. 7-9 Browns

Steeler Hitman

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Pittsburgh fan I am from the Browns forum 

Have a question would you trade Deshaun and his salary straight across for Pickett?

I wouldn't. Off the field stuff and a huge contract, no thanks. We've already had a universally hated QB. I don't want to go back to that. 

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Is it bad luck or bad hands?

I think it’s both along with inability to advance the ball regularly. He’ll take the near TD yesterday. He should be outrunning those guys to the corner to get the TD and he tried to juke them all the way. 

I think there’s a small part of it you can say QBs missed him and I think he had three called back for penalties. But luck like that doesn’t account for every miss. This year he had a 58% catch rate. Mitch/Kenny weren’t that inaccurate. The least number of drops I’ve seen him accredited with is 5 with the most being 9. His YAC/R actual was 2.6 with an expected of 2.7 so he gained less yards than expected after the catch. For someone with an average cushion of 5.3 yards and separation of 2.8; that’s really bad. 

To me it’s interesting that you look at NGS charts for routes. Almost every time Johnson catches the ball the green line moves back or goes down right away. Yet every Freiermuth and Pickens route goes N/S. It’s just so telling that he’s one of the few guys those route lines fail to get N/S. 

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

This is phenomenal news, it looked bad. Typically when the player is down grabbing his knee tightly looking like they are trying to “hold” the knee in place it is an ACL tear. 

Should obviously be 100% for training camp.

As heavily as he was limping on the sideline made me think it wasn't a tear. Seems like they walk with less of a limp when it's a tear. I didn't want to say anything last night and jinx it. I always think of our old LS Greg Warren walking off the field with barely a limp, unsupported, and then his knee buckled after his ACL tear.