Season over?

TL-TwoWinsAway

3 minutes ago, ahoda said:

What do you guys think about Bruce Arians?

not sure, one on hand hes a great coach, but on the other hand he has been having health scares recently and is up there in age(65), I wouldn't want to sign him for 3 yrs and then he leaves after 1.

I can't see why anyone would want mcdaniels.. He hasn't done anything without Brady..id rather give a guy like Frank Reich a shot or Matt lafleur and I'd rather Keith butler over the ne dc..

Been seeing a lot of talk about gruden..they say a serious push..

36 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I can't see why anyone would want mcdaniels.. He hasn't done anything without Brady..id rather give a guy like Frank Reich a shot or Matt lafleur and I'd rather Keith butler over the ne dc..

Been seeing a lot of talk about gruden..they say a serious push..

I've heard of Gruden searching for assistants with Tampa as the preferred destination. I haven't heard anything about him wanting to come to Detroit.

24 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I've heard of Gruden searching for assistants with Tampa as the preferred destination. I haven't heard anything about him wanting to come to Detroit.

Not so much he wants to come here. Just sounds like they will pay up for his services not sure money would ever be enough.. but the thought that they are shooting high is a good sign maybe

1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

I can't see why anyone would want mcdaniels.. He hasn't done anything without Brady

Then again, the only time he was without Brady, he had Kyle Orton ffs. It goes both ways.

Belichick was terrible in his first HC gig too. I don't think Mcdaniels is a sure thing by any means but I wouldn't be opposed.

I'd take McDaniels 100 times over Gruden. Gruden can go **** up a rope.

21 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Then again, the only time he was without Brady, he had Kyle Orton ffs. It goes both ways.

Belichick was terrible in his first HC gig too. I don't think Mcdaniels is a sure thing by any means but I wouldn't be opposed.

I'm not really hoping for gurden either.. it was just telling me they aren't afraid to go big this time..i hope. McDaniel is a turd I can see this team turning on him in a heartbeat jmo

45 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

One of the reasons that I am currently leaning towards McDaniels is that a) he has HC experience and isn't learning on the job. The HC is the CEO and in some cases can be too hands on. KC is a great example. The offense started tanking, Nagy was given the reigns and they've bounced back. There would be so much to learn and our team is not THAT far off from being a contender. We have some core pieces to build around. Not every new coach is going to be a wunderkid like Sean McVay. b) Obvious connection with Quinn and NE. Likely have similar philosophies and understand the process c) Shown that he can have a changing offense based on the available pieces. Has been able to have an effective run game without a top 5 RB.

I wouldn't be opposed to Patricia and he's probably second or even 1b.

I think Mcdaniels is going to the Giants... im on the fence for who should be the next hc.. I kinda  want Bill O'Brien if the Texans decide to get rid of him. he has ties with Quinn. as of now im not sure who I would want to be a fall back plan incase BOB stays in Houston.  maybe Jonh/jim Harbaugh (if either were to become available) :/ im not sure. if there are no good options I wouldn't mind Caldwell staying for another year if he is best for business.

16 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I think Mcdaniels is going to the Giants... im on the fence for who should be the next hc.. I kinda  want Bill O'Brien if the Texans decide to get rid of him. he has ties with Quinn. as of now im not sure who I would want to be a fall back plan incase BOB stays in Houston.  maybe Jonh/jim Harbaugh (if either were to become available) :/ im not sure. if there are no good options I wouldn't mind Caldwell staying for another year if he is best for business.

I was  expecting to see a news drop on Tuesday that Caldwell had been fired. I am wondering if they're waiting to see what kind of options are available out there. If you're going to move on from the winningest coach in recent history, it has to be for an upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Here is my list of candidates I'd be interested in(including possible fired coaches):

Josh Mcdaniels

Bill O'Brien

David Shaw

Mike Vrabel

Bruce Arians

Chris Peterson 

Matt Campbell (Wild card)

no love for either Harbaugh if they become available?

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

Yes. I'd take either. Would prefer John. But I think it was a good hire if we got one. 

I would prefer John to, I heard Balt was thinking of moving on from him if they don't make the playoffs but that was in the preseason,

I like your list

Archived