Season over?

TL-TwoWinsAway

I thought it'd be over for us by now though honestly. They're sticking around and making the season interesting till the end. I was really, really let down with the Vikings loss on Thanksgiving and the thrashing we got the week following. Looked like they checked out and Stafford was possibly injuried.

Then a win against the Bears and Buc's offers a sliver of light. Long shots...

Lions would have to at least win one and tie one in their remaining games, if Either ATL/NO/CAR tie lions have to win out.

ATL has to lose out playing tough teams, all be it for there division though, (N.O./CAR)

N.O. has to lose out playing obviously, ( ATL, and T.B.)

CAR has to lose out playing, ( T.B., then the above mentioned ATL. )

* LA has to lose out, Seattle win out, *Lions win out*, hold tiebreaker over LA, if LA tie's they clinch the division.

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Our formula? What’s our formula?

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Love it.

That's basically it. We can't run the ball, Ebron was dropping everything thrown his way and teams were putting points on the board. Then the second half rolls around we start looking like an actual team, make some plays. 4th Quarter - Stafford has to drive down the field to win the game or Prater has to kick a 50 yard FG.

It's great that we know the team has the ability to come back and win games if they're down. It just shouldn't be your week-to-week formula. It's not sustainable.

2 hours ago, DLF54927 said:

Playing not to lose finally caught up to Caldwell.

This is exactly what happened, and the team's effort matched Caldwell's mindset.  It's just not good enough, and it's not acceptable.

All this team had to do was beat two bad teams, and we couldn't pull that off.  Sure, weaknesses exist across the depth chart, but there's no true excuse not to win these games.  We came out flat.  We didn't fight when it mattered the most, and Caldwell should be held responsible.

The question is: who replaces him?

I respect Teryl Austin but I don't want him as HC. Quinn has to find his own guy. I'm pretty pleased with what he's done in all areas of personnel so far, so now is the time for him to take the next challenge as GM - finding the right coach.

There are no obvious slam-dunk names out there, that's for sure. But it's time to try someone else

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, LionsFTW said:

Josh McDaniels is the obvious next head coach for the Lions. 

I think McDaniel's goes the giants and Louis Riddick is the gm

im starting to think Bill O'Brien is going to be our new hc next yr. I think Caldwell is gone. maybe bring in Matt Patricia as dc, and I could see Jim bob staying on the staff.

Idk, Honestly I hope neither are really considered favorites or obvious choices already. People are just making the NE connection. Josh McDaniels doesn't seriously deserve a head coaching job over other names that will possibly be available. I mean it too. He gets so much credit for Tom Brady and the Patriot offense/system. The Patriots where fine with him, without him, with him again... They've got great players all over offense on top of it like. Man, most over-hyped guy ever.

Matt Patricia has a real case because his side of the ball isn't filled with tons of talent and a lot of niche players over the years. He puts players in positions to do what they're best at doing and I can see it translating into a HC role. Doesn't force square pegs in round holes so to speak. I never really love "system" guys that have to have players with certain skill sets.

Archived