Offseason Thread

biggie.

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Don't tell me its Meyers at 14, if so that's a double nut kick 2 years in a row in the 1st.

The point being that Mayer is a recognizable name and consensus round one projection, unlike last year when they took a day two prospect at best with their first pick.

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Based on your roster I don't see them doing that unless they release or trade. 

Jonnu is a realistic -if not likely- trade candidate after June 1st but certainly by the November trade deadline. Hunter Henry isn’t long for the NFL in my opinion, I think a maximum of two to three seasons before he retires. After Henry, and without Jonnu in another 6 months to a year max, the Pats have nothing at the position. So,  I think Belichick and O’Brien would see the blocking and receiving production of Mayer and jump at the opportunity to draft a young weapon on a rookie contract at a position their offense has plenty of emphasis on. Belichick has plenty of history of drafting tight ends earlier than most, including in the first.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Belichick and O’Brien would see the blocking and receiving production of Mayer and jump at the opportunity to draft a young weapon on a rookie contract at a position their offense has plenty of emphasis on.

Here my major problem. BB would take him without moving down.. It's his MO.  We had to take him. we heard he wouldn't last and we didn't want to chance it.  Who give a crap, pick the next player in your evaluation, at 14, say your have to settle with Nolan Smith.

Yes I know he won't take him but IMO its a major mistake.  I don't care if he doesn't fit big LBs.  Nolan is a Josh Allen eliminator.   That alone is worth a 14th pick.

@DoleINGout  We are both wrong, he'll take Tray Dean  at 14 with his 4.75 !!!!  BB, We see a great fit !!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Targets once free agency starts:

Trade: DeAndre Hopkins, Jerry Jeudy, Brandin Cooks, Tee Higgins, Brandon Ayiuk, Allen Robinson

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett, Lamar Jackson

WR: Jakobi Meyers, Odell Beckham Jr., Phillip Dorsett, Parris Campbell, Richie James, Jalen Guyton, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones, Allen Lazard, Sterling Shepard, Keelan Cole, Noah Brown, DeAndre Carter, Greg Dortch, Trent Taylor, Scotty Miller

ST: Braxton Berrios, Robbie should, Sam Martin, Tommy Townsend, Cameron Dicker, JK Scott, Riley Patterson, Trent Sherfield, Zach Pascal, Brandon Powell, Justin Watson, Rex Burkhead

TE: Foster Moreau, Tommy Sweeney, Mike Gesicki, OJ Howard, Anthony Firsker, Robert Tonyan

RB: Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams, D’Earnest Johnson, Matt Breida, Jeff Wilson, JaMycal Hasty

OL: Mike McGlinchey, Jawaan Taylor, Kaleb McGary, Cameron Fleming, Andre Dillard, David Edwards, Max Scharping

DB: Devin McCourty, Cam Sutton, Isaiah Oliver, Jonathan Jones, Jimmie Ward, Jabrill Peppers, Dane Jackson, Juan Thornhill, Jamel Dean, Emmanuel Mosley, Julian Love, Nasir Adderley, Anthony Averett, Johnathan Abram, Trayvon Mullen, Keanu Neal, Logan Ryan, Justin Bethel, Duron Harmon, Tashaun Gipson, Justin Coleman, Jaquan Johnson, Myles Bryant

DL: Khalen Saunders, Zach Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Poona Ford, Jerry Tillery, Corey Peters, Clelin Ferrell, Derrick Nnadi, Carl Davis, Jordan Phillips, Jihad Ward, Kerry Hyder, Justin Ellis, Isaiah Buggs, Da’shawn Hand, Charles Omenihu, Jaleel Johnson, Morgan Fox

LB: Azeez Al-Shaair, Lorenzo Carter, Cole Holcomb, Kyzir White, Drue Tranquill

Edited by DoleINGout

34 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

David Onyemata

There are some DL free agents I’m not as familiar with that may be fits but otherwise I feel like it’s a thorough list. The general skill they seem to look for on DL: 1. Stout 2. Versatile 3. Athletic

Edited by DoleINGout

39 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

FS is now a massive need. Really going to miss McCourty, we can expect a step back in the secondary without a large infusion of talent. 

I got a great tape for you. Williams, Jones and Durham.

I'll take all three.  Remember Williams IMO is perfect for FS. 

He battles with Charlie all game they both win throughout the contest.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

I got a great tape for you. Williams, Jones and Durham.

I'll take all three.  Remember Williams IMO is perfect for FS. 

He battles with Charlie all game they both win throughout the contest.

best free safety in the draft i think will end up being daniel scott, check him out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

FS is now a massive need. Really going to miss McCourty, we can expect a step back in the secondary without a large infusion of talent. 

i love juan thornhill and julian love but i doubt theyll actually pay for a free safety this year like them

mccourty im not overly concerned about losing either way, he was a leader but could have been more than he was on the field

best bet to me is isaiah oliver at a reasonable price, young age for a vet, and plays run and pass well from every position in the secondary

Edited by DoleINGout

i love juan thornhill and julian love but i doubt theyll actually pay for a free safety this year like them

I don't think they go Jessie Bates level of spending money.. but I think it's much more likely that they pay Thornhill. I'll admit that I haven't gone deep into his film, but he's 27, from what I am aware is an above average FS and has been part of a good organization. Don't know if he is a known leader but he at least knows what a good team looks like. 

Juan Thornhill has been on a championship roster, he knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl. When you lose someone like McCourty, you need that type of person on your roster. They don't have too many guys left on the roster who have gone deep into the playoffs. 

I also think when they signed Jalen Mills it was probably to be at least a part time FS to help out McCourty. They paid him 6M a year.. if we go off that contract.. maybe they offer Thornhill something like 4yrs 32M (8/yr). Probably worth even going up to 10M a year with guarantees in the first two years. 

mccourty im not overly concerned about losing either way, he was a leader but could have been more than he was on the field

I think they were paying him something like 8-10M a year. He was well worth that. His leadership is underrated and I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots begged Slater to come back knowing they needed that leadership with McCourty retiring. He also coordinated the secondary and with so many young guys there.. you need a guy like that. He will be greatly missed imo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I think they were paying him something like 8-10M a year. He was well worth that. His leadership is underrated and I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots begged Slater to come back knowing they needed that leadership with McCourty retiring. He also coordinated the secondary and with so many young guys there.. you need a guy like that. He will be greatly missed imo. 

his leadership and coordination were underrated i agree and those things will be missed but his execution was overrated if anything. i agree to disagree. as far as the money spent on him id say he was worth it relative to how the market looks now at the position and his history with the team. otherwise it was a bit rich imo.

• Like 1