Offseason Thread

biggie.

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Professional WR.   Can play 2nd outside and slot. Fits well as a complement to Adams.

Added forgot Jimmy G is going to love him. 5 yards, there, 10 yards there. Knows how to play the game right.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, silence22 said:

Going to be really interesting to see what Bill has up his sleeve for the WR room.

Unfortunately he wears tank tops.  He's at a Community College looking for that unknown super star,  just like our 22 1st RD pick,  OG Strange!!!!

He apparently played pretty well at LT last season. They have 0 depth last year at OT so this is a win either way. 

He has starter experience.. that could allow them to move Trent back to RT and draft a LT who isn't forced to start day 1. We don't know the money involved yet, but it looks like a solid depth signing either way. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster, 3 years/$33M. Essentially the same deal Meyers got.

Bill’s always talked him up when he’s got the chance. Tough player, good YAC, blocks, solid speed, and capable of making big plays (which is probably Meyers’ biggest flaw). Hasn’t always been the most mature or most consistent player, though. Hopefully all works out, but I’m happy about it at first glance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

JuJu Smith-Schuster, 3 years/$33M. Essentially the same deal Meyers got.

Bill’s always talked him up when he’s got the chance. Tough player, good YAC, blocks, solid speed, and capable of making big plays (which is probably Meyers’ biggest flaw). Hasn’t always been the most mature or most consistent player, though. Hopefully all works out, but I’m happy about it at first glance.

I don't think he offers anything that Bourne couldn't offer as the replacement to Meyers. To me, it just shows Bourne is out the door.. I'd expect them to trade him at some point. 

I think they overpaid too.. he had a good year last year.. but with Mahomes and Kelce.. the Patriots don't have that unless they make a move for a true #1 WR. I would have rather spent a high pick on a better slot (JSN/Flowers) and spend that money on a better OT/FS/LB/etc. etc. 

I just don't have any confidence that they know how to evaluate skill positions properly. 

5 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I don't think he offers anything that Bourne couldn't offer as the replacement to Meyers. To me, it just shows Bourne is out the door.. I'd expect them to trade him at some point. 

I think they overpaid too.. he had a good year last year.. but with Mahomes and Kelce.. the Patriots don't have that unless they make a move for a true #1 WR. I would have rather spent a high pick on a better slot (JSN/Flowers) and spend that money on a better OT/FS/LB/etc. etc. 

I just don't have any confidence that they know how to evaluate skill positions properly. 

Playing with Mahomes in KC isn’t the “career fix it” move that playing DL in SF is. Tyreek Hill did just have debatably his best season in Miami, with Tua. Mahomes has that magic but everyone other than Kelce is pretty much used on an “as needed” basis, similar to the players in NE over the years. Yeah, there were a couple staples, but there were also players (like Cooks) who was better than his production with a GOAT QB would indicate. 

I thought Lavonte David would be a nice target. McGary went back at a super low price. Other than those two, and maybe Wagner (who I’m not really confident would entertain NE in the first place) I’m not sure who was coming in at OT/FS/LB as an impact player. Clearly they were interested in Dillard, but that’s a massive risk. The big guys like Bates, McGlinchey, Orland Brown, or Edmunds, they seem priced way out of NE’s range. Nothing concrete there, but I think it’s important not to fall into the offseason fallacy of madden team building. 

As for JJ specifically, I think he walks in and is the best receiver on the team. Having a WR1 would be awesome, but I also think the only one of those guys that’ll be on the move is DeAndre Hopkins. There are 30 other teams to contend with there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I personally think JuJu is a good receiver, but is just a total tool. 

no doubt in my mind he’s an upgrade on Meyers 

Better than Meyers after catch, bigger, lines up in-line more often. Otherwise it seems like he has less guaranteed/more incentives than Meyers.

It’s an okay move at best

Not a fan of Robinson’s deal. Up to $8M over two years, so will have to see what the exact dollars are like to really judge. At face value, seems like a lot given A) what I thought was coming along between Harris/Strong, B) a guy who hasn’t bounced back from a torn Achilles and looked really bad last year.

Maybe he’ll get back to form but that’s an ugly one, as of now.