Offseason Thread

biggie.

17 hours ago, Crimmage said:

What I got out of that rant is that BB should draft Zay Flowers at 14 and make up for all his previous transgressions lol 

Hey that wasn't a rant that was a cry for help!!!!!  Flowers would be one heck of a cure !🤣

It crazy to think a BC WR going in the 1st round.

He has to have tremendous skills to stand out. There offensive system and QB have not helped however he still shines.

It seem like he's been there for years. IMO he the closet thing to a sure bet (offense) in this draft.

I said this before, could you imagine the draft hype if he played at OSU !!!!

PS  What scares me to death. KC or Bill draft him in the 1st RD.  Their GMs will not hesitate to make moves to get a potential elite player.  They don't pass on a opportunity just to fill a need!

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

That's what has been said by the media. They all excuses for what went wrong. There is IMO absolutely no excuse for the Suna trade. 

The reason was BB didn't prepare or have a long term WR, game plan in place.   I could go on forever with this however I will just give two points/example where BB had his head up you know where. 

Gronk trade.  He had to know the year before he was gone and what did he do, NOTHING to fill the TE position. That year, Pats fans screaming for TE in the draft, did he draft one, nope !!! The year after that disaster, he passes on the best TE in the draft for Dugger a complete gamble, for a position that we didn't have a big need, like TE. Than the killer he uses a 100 draft choices on two bust. He could of used those wasted picks on WRs.

He also he never drafts legit WRs,  until the castoff he signed didn't work out. No plans because, he thinks he knows, best. WR to him are a dime a dozen. You need one, just take one from the crap heap.  There is no reason to be be caught without one. Yes there are some times you are short however BB is always one player away from a disaster. Look at OT backs up, Cannon!!!! How about drafting one high that you can groom or pick one that is worth a 1st RD pick not some Strange dude !!!

Just like now, he's signing scrubs!!!! JJS is a joke. BB will go into the season with nothing but jags. One goes down, they are all in trouble, there's not one good enough to step up. And trust me, there number one is made of glass and he's guaranteed to see the injured list, next year ... Parker. What fool would think Parker is even close to being a one WR?? Billy Boy that's who. 

I would bet BB would not take one legit WR in this draft. He will fill his roster with UDFA or 6/7 RD prayers that have never answered the bell, but a few. I guess you  throw it against the wall enough times,  sometimes  it  sticks.

Fans are saying our offense is better because they don't know the difference between bad or good offense  JJS 30+ million !!!!!!!!!

Last -----  remember,  Billy boy letting Braxton Berrios go for some washed up has-been that everyone on the planet new he was done, but BB. He cut him ( Thomas ?) a week later!!!!  Yup, Billy has a plan, its called desperation!! How long has the guys on the practice squad been there, what 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How about new guys and get rid of the guys that show nothing.  Here are the useless WRs/RB on the squad.

Lil'Jordan Humphrey

Lynn Bowden, Jr.

J.J. Taylor

Tre Nixon

Matt Sokol

Get rid of them try, NEW ONES !!!!!!

Tre Nixon Is close to 10 years on the PS!!!!!! Just a guess he has a snowball chance in Hot Town of making the roster!! Why is he here???

I fear the game has passed him by

hes always been like this, but he always made it work (with help from Brady of course). The one time he did bring it the best WR in the world, we didn’t win the Super Bowl. He overcame mediocre WR units time and time again. 

now, the NFL has gone through so many changes in such a short space of time. He’s roster building like it’s still 2005 and like he still has Brady to elevate them. 

we have been left behind on paper by all 3 of our Div rivals now. BB coaching will make it tough for all of them to beat us, but on paper, they should rinse us. Look at the WR talent and the QBs we’ll be going up against now. 

I still believe in him, and I know for a fact he’s a genius. But we’ll be stuck around .500 until he leaves. (We may be even lower than that when he does go)

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Hey that wasn't a rant that was a cry for help!!!!!  Flowers would be one heck of a cure !🤣

It crazy to think a BC WR going in the 1st round.

He has to have tremendous skills to stand out. There offensive system and QB have not helped however he still shines.

It seem like he's been there for years. IMO he the closet thing to a sure bet (offense) in this draft.

I said this before, could you imagine the draft hype if he played at OSU !!!!

PS  What scares me to death. KC or Bill draft him in the 1st RD.  Their GMs will not hesitate to make moves to get a potential elite player.  They don't pass on a opportunity just to fill a need!

Well according to a few sources, BB has been coaching the heck out of him and spending a lot of time watching him. So you may get your wish

• Like 1

He’s also lost that Sith Lord vengeful aura. It used to be a truism that if a team beat us once, they were going to get their cheeks clapped if we faced them again that season. 

Do you think he’ll ever beat Buffalo again whilst Allen is there? Because I don’t. He has no answers. What is it, 5 in a row? No way a single team beat us 5 times in a row under BB until now?

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He’s also lost that Sith Lord vengeful aura. It used to be a truism that if a team beat us once, they were going to get their cheeks clapped if we faced them again that season. 

Do you think he’ll ever beat Buffalo again whilst Allen is there? Because I don’t. He has no answers. What is it, 5 in a row? No way a single team beat us 5 times in a row under BB until now?

I think it's possible, but some very specific things would need to happen.. some of which may have already happened: 

- Buffalo's defense takes a step back ( lost a few pieces, some getting older, lost DC) 

- Josh Allen's inconsistencies exist in a game against the Patriots ( he's up and down against everyone.. but has played near perfect football last couple years against the Patriots)

- Patriots secondary needs to capitalize on his mistakes and get turnovers 

- Healthy Barmore and potentially one more young guy putting pressure up the middle giving Allen less time to think

Offense needs to be efficient and feed off run after the catch opportunities. Focus mainly on quick game concepts so that their DL can't get at Mac. 

- They need one more YAC guy, I'm not sure Jerry Jeudy is even the type of player they need.. but someone who can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into 20+ after the catch. Pairing that threat with Thornton/Strong's speed threat and JSS/Henry/Gesicki could be a good enough offense to beat the Bills

- I think O'Brien will be able to work around average OT's by spreading things out

The nice thing is I feel if they draft well they could have all those pieces in a month

- Zay Flowers / Marvin Mims in the first two rounds

- 2 CB's in the first 4 rounds ( One who can play FS would be nice) 

- DL to replace Lawrence Guy first 4 rounds ( or at least platoon with him and take over next year) 

- 1 OT in the top 3 rounds to replace Reiff at RT 

Ideally trading back and getting an extra 3rd would make that scenario a lot easier.. but it can totally be done. 

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you think he’ll ever beat Buffalo again whilst Allen is there?

I will say yes if they do one thing.  Draft Nolan Smith at 14. I don't see him falling to 14. I have seen the Bucky's and they have no clue saying he's in the 20s.

On the Fanatics website, JuJu Smith-Schuster jerseys are available. Sporting the #7.

Wonder if that’s official yet.

As for the Lamar Jackson stuff;

Who wouldn’t love to see LJ8 in rocking a Pat the Patriot logo?

He’d transform our team’s projectory, no doubt about that. The two picks we’d give up, if we wait until after this draft, would would presumably be in the mid 20’s at the worst. I think we all are ok with that swap.

Kraft explicitly stated that “in 24 years, Bill has never not gotten a dollar he’s asked for”… strong words. I thoroughly enjoyed his thoughts he shared at the media availability conference. His intentions to win now are clear, and now it’s coming to light that he isn’t afraid to have his pockets go light of Bill believes it’s the right move.

”That decision is up to Bill”, in regards to Kraft talking about trading for Lamar Jackson.

I’m in a 50/50 split. I would love to see what Lamar can do for us. Projected around $130 mill cap space in 2024, and almost DOUBLE that amount in 2025. Of course, part of that is due to so many expiring deals and the cap going up. It does prove though, that the money is definitely there and readily available for now and the future to make an offer work that works for New England and Lamar, and doesn’t work for Baltimore.

On the other hand… I think about Mac Jones’ progression he will no doubt experience under the tutelage of Bill O’Brien. And then I ponder the thought of those two first rounds picks we would ship out, and think about what those guys could do to help our team for the next 4/5 years.

It’s a tough call and either decision will alter the franchise. Either we mortgage 3 first round picks (2 first round picks + the 1st we invested in Mac), or we continue to play out these final 2 years (3 if we pick up the 5th year option) and ***** the QB positive ion again at that point in time.

I’m good either way. I love Mac and I’ll always support him if he’s my QB, because I’m not getting lost in the rabbit hole of “he has a weak arm”

Literally the next game after BB didn’t let Mac launch it and raised comments about his arm, he threw a ball that traveled over 50+ air yards. His arm is live. His arm is there. His arm is okay.

Did we forget what he did in college with Jameson Williams in literally every game? How about the Jerry Jeudy pass against Michigan? I know New England doesn’t exactly have Henry Ruggs or Devonta Smith on offense.. That given, Lamar has won in Baltimore with considerably worse weapons than we have in New England.

Lamar will bring guys to New England. Half the damn league wants to play with him it seems, and almost all of the league supports him and the stance he’s taking contract wise.

Guys will go to war for Lamar. Can the same be said for Mac Jones? Time will tell. Do we wait for that time to come, or do we smash the pendulum and say it’s LJ8 o’clock right now?