Offseason Thread

biggie.

21 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Something that isn't talked about enough right now is Davante Parker's situation tbo.. IF they do in fact add another WR (OBJ/Hopkins/Jeudy/draft) .. Parker is the most likely guy on the way out imo. 

This draft has no size.. so if they add a guy I think on draft night you can get a team to give up a 4th for Parker which would be great value given what they gave up to get him.. very much a BB move. 

This doesn't stop them from trading Bourne either, even though I think they should keep him. If they are 1000% out on Bourne I think they can probably get a 4th for him too. Especially with JuJu getting injured a bit over the years, I think you want Bourne around at minimum to be his backup in case he gets injured for a game or two. 

@Crimmage Joseph Ngata has some size on day three. I also think Gesicki is sort of a big wide out more than anything who may be a replacement but Parker at his contract is solid.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

update on our cap situation 

They are getting close to being done, unless they plan on extending / restructuring some guys. 

If i recall, the draft is usually around 4M in cap space, and the Patriots usually use around 8-10M to operate throughout the season. 

Just now, DoleINGout said:

A good signing for Buffalo. They’ve had a bad off-season and finished 2022 poorly. I think they’ll finish last or second to last in the division this year.

Devin Singletary remains unsigned though, and they didn’t exactly thrive when they used Nyheim Hines anywhere but the return game.

think they’re all aboard the James Cook train?

Just thinking out loud, Jahmyr Gibbs would excel there and it scares the p!ss out of me entertaining that thought… Go away go away go away

54 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Just thinking out loud, Jahmyr Gibbs would excel there and it scares the p!ss out of me entertaining that thought…

That's another reason for Nolan Smith. 

Cover side line to side line.  We have no one (LBs) close to match his speed. Nothing is more frustrating seeing teams run all over our Linebackers.

Edited by m haynes

8 hours ago, m haynes said:

That's another reason for Nolan Smith. 

Cover side line to side line.  We have no one (LBs) close to match his speed. Nothing is more frustrating seeing teams run all over our Linebackers.

well.. they made their move. Buffalo now has signed RB Damien Harris 

I wish him all the best except for the two games we see him in

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

well.. they made their move. Buffalo now has signed RB Damien Harris 

I wish him all the best except for the two games we see him in

yeah i like the harris signing for buffalo and for damien too. i spoke too soon. theyll probably finish top 2 again in the division but its not like theyre a title contender the way they were two seasons ago imo.