2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Every QB in the final 8 has been drafted and developed by their teams. Do the work. Either develop Zach or draft a kid who can be on par with the best Quarterbacks in our conference. 

Remember when the Broncos thought they were a QB away? Now the Seahawks are picking 5th thanks to the Broncos.

What you're preaching is what we all want the difference is you seem to have forgotten what has transpired. We have tried this and drafted multiple high level busts at the quarterback position, those teams haven't. 

Develop Zach is what we all wanted but it just hasn't happened and is clearly easier said than done.

"or draft a kid who can be on par with the best Quarterbacks in our conference"

No **** that's the goal. Once again a lot easier said than done clearly (Sanchez, Darnold, Wilson)

The team has the pieces to compete and JD and Saleh are not putting their jobs on the line for Wilson OR someone with no experience. It's just not happening. 

So rather than argue about hypothetic, unrealistic solutions to the problem we have let's focus on actual realistic answers to the problem at hand. 

Everybody wants an Allen or Burrow or Mahomes believe me. Carr/Jimmy G, etc are none of our first choices. The difference is that we have accepted that this is reality and you're stuck in Candy Land thinking that either zach is gonna become the next big thing (Which he isn't) or that saleh/douglas are going to roll with an inexperienced rookie next year (Which they aren't)

I'm really not trying to be a **** but you've been preaching nonsense

Andy Reid brought in alex smith for a few years and built a winning culture then they went out and got mahomes. Buffalo had tyrod for a couple years and made the postseason after a 20 year drought then brought Allen in. You bring Derek carr in you’re not winning the bowl most likely we currently have the longest playoff drought in the league. Carr will make this team much better than we previously were and the goal is to build a winning culture. San Fran was going for the same thing with jimmy g/lance and they found a different guy in purdy. Sometimes it’s just necessary to bring in a vet like carr to build something bigger. I don’t think anyone here thinks he’s the golden ticket but he’s a great option.

14 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

What you're preaching is what we all want the difference is you seem to have forgotten what has transpired. We have tried this and drafted multiple high level busts at the quarterback position, those teams haven't. 

Develop Zach is what we all wanted but it just hasn't happened and is clearly easier said than done.

"or draft a kid who can be on par with the best Quarterbacks in our conference"

No **** that's the goal. Once again a lot easier said than done clearly (Sanchez, Darnold, Wilson)

The team has the pieces to compete and JD and Saleh are not putting their jobs on the line for Wilson OR someone with no experience. It's just not happening. 

So rather than argue about hypothetic, unrealistic solutions to the problem we have let's focus on actual realistic answers to the problem at hand. 

Everybody wants an Allen or Burrow or Mahomes believe me. Carr/Jimmy G, etc are none of our first choices. The difference is that we have accepted that this is reality and you're stuck in Candy Land thinking that either zach is gonna become the next big thing (Which he isn't) or that saleh/douglas are going to roll with an inexperienced rookie next year (Which they aren't)

I'm really not trying to be a **** but you've been preaching nonsense

I don’t like your tone

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

Andy Reid brought in alex smith for a few years and built a winning culture then they went out and got mahomes. Buffalo had tyrod for a couple years and made the postseason after a 20 year drought then brought Allen in. You bring Derek carr in you’re not winning the bowl most likely we currently have the longest playoff drought in the league. Carr will make this team much better than we previously were and the goal is to build a winning culture. San Fran was going for the same thing with jimmy g/lance and they found a different guy in purdy. Sometimes it’s just necessary to bring in a vet like carr to build something bigger. I don’t think anyone here thinks he’s the golden ticket but he’s a great option.

We don’t have Andy Reid

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We’re magically gonna turn into the Chiefs because we bring in Derek Carr.

I have heard it all…or have I 

I’ll say this. The odds of us competing with the Chiefs with Carr as our QB is better than rolling with Wilson and putting hope that he’s a totally different QB than what we’ve seen in 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll say this. The odds of us competing with the Chiefs with Carr as our QB is better than rolling with Wilson and putting hope that he’s a totally different QB than what we’ve seen in 2 years.

Exactly. You roll Zach or some rookie out there it’s almost a guarentee our coach and gm are getting fired and the team starts over from scratch. Bringing a guy like carr in buys time so you can win football games in the mean time and create a winning culture. You try to develop a qb under him in the mean time 

9 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Exactly. You roll Zach or some rookie out there it’s almost a guarentee our coach and gm are getting fired and the team starts over from scratch. Bringing a guy like carr in buys time so you can win football games in the mean time and create a winning culture. You try to develop a qb under him in the mean time 

Never mind that it shows the other 52 players that we think we’re legit. Zach is these guys teammates… so I won’t say they don’t like him. But it was very clear on how some just don’t like him under center. Adding a proven above average QB shows we think we’re close. Which we are if we have good QB play.

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Have you watch Josh Allen his first two seasons? Trevor Lawrence was awful last year but he plays in Jacksonville so no one noticed. 

The key difference is they’re coached/were coached by quality coordinators who played to their strengths and little by little improved on their weaknesses.

I kind of got lost in this debate. Are you for keeping Zach as the starter with a new OC and upgraded OL?

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I think for once we could let the board fall and if AR is there then get him. Even if we sign a vet like Carr or Jimmy having a potential franchise qb to sit and learn for a year or two would be a good thing. 

The only thing that worries me with that is you’d HOPE and PRAY the current regime is still in power as that would only lead to disarray. Having continuity is important.

That’s why I wouldn’t have been upset if we’d of moved on from Saleh this offseason before settling in with our plan for qb moving forward. As it is I would assume the next few moves from JD and the coaching from Saleh this year will be a make/break moment for sure. 

I'm definitely interested in AR if we only come away with Jimmy G. I can't trust him health wise. 

I'm really 50/50 on this current staff. This season's progress could be fool's good because of the 5 backup QBs we beat, Watson less Packers, and a Bills that was missing a whole secondary + Milano. On the other side of that, we were injured as well on offense and didn't get blown out like we were getting in 2021. 

With everything that was said between Woody, Saleh, and JD, we know they will go big for a QB. So I'm not worried there anymore. My concerns are finding the right OC and Ulbrich being legit. JD won't need a lot to fix the other gaps in our roster. The $112m+ in cap space next season will give him a lot of flexibility. 

Here’s also the thing. You bring in a guy like Carr he’s shown he can play in multiple schemes and can adapt. This thought that we bring in a different OC and system and magically Wilson becomes good is about as optimistic as a fan base can get after seeing what we’ve seen from him. I was a huge person against MLF. But MLF had little to do with his awful mechanics. Poor decision making. Not taking accountability. Throwing off his back foot. Etc. To think magically that goes away with a new OC just ain’t happening. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Never mind that it shows the other 52 players that we think we’re legit. Zach is these guys teammates… so I won’t say they don’t like him. But it was very clear on how some just don’t like him under center. Adding a proven above average QB shows we think we’re close. Which we are if we have good QB play.

Amen. Anyone who actually watched football last year knows Zach is not getting a shot to be the guy going into the season it’s asinine