2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Need to find a way to make New York more appealing to NFL players as a state. lol 

Trying to find oil there. lol.

19 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Carr situation is getting tricky. He has $40M guaranteed the third day after the SB and I haven't heard anything about the Raiders giving Carr permission to speak to other teams yet. Maybe the Raiders are fielding offers first before getting him involved. He'll either be cut or traded before then. 

We don't know what teams are waived from his no trade clause.   Carr would be smarter if he kept NTC intact all the way. That way Raiders have no choice but cut him loose.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Trying to find oil there. lol.

We don't know what teams are waived from his no trade clause.   Carr would be smarter if he kept NTC intact all the way. That way Raiders have no choice but cut him loose.

lmao we need people to hype up the business opportunities or something. I was going to tweet free agents reasons to join the Jets for reasons outside of the roster. I couldn't think of anything. lol Sorry. 

I'm starting to feel like Rodgers maybe the top priority because his situation maybe easier to deal with for JD if AR expresses interest in playing next season. If Carr was on top of the list, we would have at least interviewed Greg Olson who coached Carr's best seasons. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lmao we need people to hype up the business opportunities or something. I was going to tweet free agents reasons to join the Jets for reasons outside of the roster. I couldn't think of anything. lol Sorry. 

I'm starting to feel like Rodgers maybe the top priority because his situation maybe easier to deal with for JD if AR expresses interest in playing next season. If Carr was on top of the list, we would have at least interviewed Greg Olson who coached Carr's best seasons. 

Only pro to playing for a team in NY is marketing themselves. We can’t really relate to this bc we haven’t had anyone worth marketing in forever.

The thing is I’m good with trading for Rodgers for the right price. What I’m not good with is bringing all his buddies with him. We can give up 2 2nds and continue to build this team. In FA go after those guys that are coming off their rookie contracts and still have 4-5 years ahead of them. I don’t want this off-season to be just go get 30+ year old guys to win now. I’m ok with a guy here or there in the right spot (safety for example). But overall I still want us building that foundation in the draft still.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing is I’m good with trading for Rodgers for the right price. What I’m not good with is bringing all his buddies with him. We can give up 2 2nds and continue to build this team. In FA go after those guys that are coming off their rookie contracts and still have 4-5 years ahead of them. I don’t want this off-season to be just go get 30+ year old guys to win now. I’m ok with a guy here or there in the right spot (safety for example). But overall I still want us building that foundation in the draft still.

Safety and LB I’m okay with bringing vets but I prefer drafting our own guys. 

I would love to bring in a LT like Bahktari (sp) but isn’t he always injured?

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Safety and LB I’m okay with bringing vets but I prefer drafting our own guys. 

I would love to bring in a LT like Bahktari (sp) but isn’t he always injured?

Yes recently he’s been injured a lot and he’s 31. Not exactly the route I want us to go.

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Are there any vets we can trade for Day 3 picks? Or are we forced to cut guys like Lawson, Davis, Whitehead?

We can try and move them 1st. But I don’t expect anyone really giving up much for any of them.

I’m also not sold on us cutting everyone who people think we will cut. Or maybe restructure some of these guys rather than cut them. Take Whitehead for example. I think if he has a good FS next to him… he’s a lot better. But when he had Joyner who was just awful next to him, it makes it hard for him to play his game. Keep in mind he’s still only 25 as well. So he is still learning the system and such. That’s just an example. Lawson I’d cut bc we have 4 good DEs besides him. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But when you do it it’s okay? Double standard!!!!!!!

Except I back mine up with logic.

Its logical that a QB that has already won a SB, won multiple MVPs, is proven with our OC, has a better team around him then what he’s had recently, etc. makes us a SB contender.

Saying that unless you have Burrow or Mahomes you’re not winning a SB is a rather odd. I guess the other 14 teams shouldn’t even play.