2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hooker is the only guy in this draft Id like to see us draft and develop. 

My favorite options are still this.

1. Trade for Rodgers for the right price (meaning not a huge huge haul)

2. Sign Carr

3. Trade for Jackson as long as his price tag is only 2 1st (I think BAL will want more, so I don’t see this as a great option for us).

4. Sign Jimmy G

5. Sign Tannehill

1. Rodgers

2. Carr

3. Baker Mayfield

4. J. Winston

5. Mike White

I hate after the first 2. 

5 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Not for me mate. Just don’t like him. Not really sold on Carr/Jimmy either. Rodgers would be nice for the short term and we could develop a young qb/hope Zach learns from his idol. That’s seems the best case all round. 

Failing that I’m all aboard the Anthony Richardson train. If we did draft him he would need to sit for a year. So tannehill for a year would seem more okay I guess in that scenario. 

I’m out on Carr. He’s just not good enough to compete in the AFC with these other guys. He’s likely too much of a commitment and we’re stuck with him for too long. Just because we are the Jets and have had terrible QB play for so long I don’t think we should “settle”. Jimmy G is an injury waiting to happen. I’d prefer Tannehill over either of them at this point. Rodgers is likely only playing 2 years so I can live with that.

I want whoever will act as a bridge to the draft pick, whether it’s Richardson, Hooker, or someone next year.

As far as Zach Wilson goes, it’s too late. He needs to get on the field in the next 2 years which is unlikely. The only scenario is if Rodgers comes here and plays for one season and they try Wilson again in year 4

5 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Failing that I’m all aboard the Anthony Richardson train. If we did draft him he would need to sit for a year. So tannehill for a year would seem more okay I guess in that scenario. 

According to some, Richardson will need more than a year.  Quite honestly, I am not thrilled with any of these QB prospects outside of Stroud.  I think it is wishful thinking hoping that these guys turn into competent NFL QB's.  Certainly way to risky to place all hope on them.  This is why having a vet QB for more than just a year or two is needed.  Not a vet that may retire in a year or two.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

According to some, Richardson will need more than a year.  Quite honestly, I am not thrilled with any of these QB prospects outside of Stroud.  I think it is wishful thinking hoping that these guys turn into competent NFL QB's.  Certainly way to risky to place all hope on them.  This is why having a vet QB for more than just a year or two is needed.  Not a vet that may retire in a year or two.

Ya as of now I'm not a Richardson fan. He has tools. But his accuracy for me isn't there. He'd have to be a big project. You watch him and most of his big plays are long bomb passes. Not exactly sustainable when going to the NFL. Maybe he shows accuracy in workouts and such. So wont say he cant get better. But the Richardson from UF isnt great IMO.

This also has to do with where you'd haver to draft a guy. Not exactly wanting us to use that 13th pick on a QB. So I'm looking more into that 2-4th round range for a guy. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

Then we draft a QB next year. Outside of Carr, who fits this description?

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This also has to do with where you'd haver to draft a guy. Not exactly wanting us to use that 13th pick on a QB. So I'm looking more into that 2-4th round range for a guy. 

And that has always been one of my point against acquiring Rogers.  No matter what QB we draft this year, it is a long shot that he will be a competent starter in two years.  It is just too risky to get Rogers for even two years and then still not have a QB AND owe Rogers a ton of $ hurting this team.

24 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Then we draft a QB next year. Outside of Carr, who fits this description?

Tanny and Jimmy G could be capable for a couple of years.  You may not like them but they are better than what we have had for a while and should play well enough not to hurt this team.  Lets face it, there is no franchise QB that is coming in to be the great savior for the next few years.

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

Tanny and Jimmy G could be capable for a couple of years.  You may not like them but they are better than what we have had for a while and should play well enough not to hurt this team.  Lets face it, there is no franchise QB that is coming in to be the great savior for the next few years.

Archie Manning will be a Jet in 3 years. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Archie Manning will be a Jet in 3 years. 

The hype train is strong with that one.  Lets see him make a college pass first.  However, if he lives up to his potential and name, hopefully we will not be even close enough to draft him.

I like the idea of getting a vet for more than two years so we can take our time with finding and developing a young QB not selected in the top 10 (like the majority of QB's in the NFL).  Who knows, maybe your favorite Jet QB will be that guy in a couple of years.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, xrade said:

Tannehill is who I want at this point.

The way the Jets get a franchise QB is through the draft. They need to keep looking there.