2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

@KingOfNewYork

I know I asked you a while back but im very curious who would be your top 3 realistic qb options going into 2023? 

Reading peoples views and the fact we are so torn as a fan base really hits home to the difficult position JD is in. If we as a fan base can’t decide god only knows what’s going on in the FO.

I gotta weight the cost to get these guys and what the goal is. Signing Jimmy G or Tannehill or even Carr is an easier pill to swallow for me than trading for Rodgers or Jackson, who both come with concerns. Jimmy G and Tannehill both have injury concerns but we have a QB in house who can play so it’s not that much of a risk. Carr is just so average to me it doesn’t excite me. He’d be the 3rd best QB in the division at best and that’s without knowing how Mac Jones will look under BOB. 

My rankings would be 

1. Rodgers for minimal compensation 

2. Jimmy G

3. Tannehill

4. Carr

5. Jackson for premium compensation 

6. Rodgers for premium compensation 

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Carr is just so average to me it doesn’t excite me. He’d be the 3rd best QB in the division at best and that’s without knowing how Mac Jones will look under BOB.

You were doing so well until these statements right here.  Yes, Carr is not an elite franchise QB.  Neither is Jimmy G or Tanny which, IIRC, you said all three were comparable.  If that is true, Carr's age vs Tanny and his durability vs Jimmy G should give him a leg up on those two.

There is not an elite QB to be had unless you believe in Rodgers.  There rarely is.  So average will have to do and on this team average may be good enough.

Did you really bring up Mac Jones?  A little early in the day for hitting the bottle, don't ya' think?

53 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I gotta weight the cost to get these guys and what the goal is. Signing Jimmy G or Tannehill or even Carr is an easier pill to swallow for me than trading for Rodgers or Jackson, who both come with concerns. Jimmy G and Tannehill both have injury concerns but we have a QB in house who can play so it’s not that much of a risk. Carr is just so average to me it doesn’t excite me. He’d be the 3rd best QB in the division at best and that’s without knowing how Mac Jones will look under BOB. 

My rankings would be 

2. Jimmy G

3. Tannehill

4. Carr

So what's your line on what's acceptable for Rodgers and what's an overpay for him?

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

You were doing so well until these statements right here.  Yes, Carr is not an elite franchise QB.  Neither is Jimmy G or Tanny which, IIRC, you said all three were comparable.  If that is true, Carr's age vs Tanny and his durability vs Jimmy G should give him a leg up on those two.

There is not an elite QB to be had unless you believe in Rodgers.  There rarely is.  So average will have to do and on this team average may be good enough.

Did you really bring up Mac Jones?  A little early in the day for hitting the bottle, don't ya' think?

I've seen Jimmy G be the QB on a Super Bowl team, Ryan Tannehill was the QB on the #1 seed in the AFC. I can literally see that level of success. Carr's never done anything close to that. 

I said Carr is better than Jones, not sure what the issue is. However, I think he improves under BOB. How much? Not sure. 

Either way I see us finishing 4th in the division again so it's all moot. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I've seen Jimmy G be the QB on a Super Bowl team

Key word - TEAM.  SF is much better than LV as a TEAM.

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Ryan Tannehill was the QB on the #1 seed in the AFC

Led by their running game.  I forget who their RB is but I think he's pretty good.

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I said Carr is better than Jones, not sure what the issue is

The issue is that you mentioned Jones at all.  Sorry, but bringing him up is a stretch.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

My rankings would be 

2. Jimmy G

3. Tannehill

4. Carr

Unfortunately this won’t happen. Much more likely would be scenario 6 on your list.

With that being said I think you would have Jimmy, Tannehill and then Carr. 

Interesting to get other peoples take. Many on here are Pro Rodgers. There’s no way we won’t be able to trade for him without giving GB serious draft capital. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Key word - TEAM.  SF is much better than LV as a TEAM.

I think that's a poor excuse for Carr's lack of success in terms of leading teams to wins. But again my opinion is from what I've seen and what I've heard from Raiders fans. Jimmy G is limited in his own regard but at least I know what his ceiling is under center. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Led by their running game.  I forget who their RB is but I think he's pretty good.

Philosophically the Jets will play a similar system to that. Makes the fit seamless. But again Tannehill has issues as well. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

The issue is that you mentioned Jones at all.  Sorry, but bringing him up is a stretch.

I said Carr will be the 3rd best QB in the division(Allen and Tua are superior), Jones is the worst but we haven't seen him under BOB. Not sure what the issue is, Jones is a QB in our divison. 

5 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Unfortunately this won’t happen. Much more likely would be scenario 6 on your list.

With that being said I think you would have Jimmy, Tannehill and then Carr. 

Interesting to get other peoples take. Many on here are Pro Rodgers. There’s no way we won’t be able to trade for him without giving GB serious draft capital. 

Rodgers is the best but he's also the oldest and will cost the most(second most). Just none of the choices are ideal and we refuse to do the work to develop Zach so we're kinda stuck in the mud unfortunately. 

I want Rodgers or Carr. If we miss on both this team will sink. I want nothing to do with Tanne or Jimmy. They are below average QB's that get hurt ALL the time. They will not even be healthy to play the playoff game and Wilson would have to start. 

I would rather go with Mike White, J. Winston or Baker Mayfield and let them fight it out with Wilson to start. Tanne was let go by Miami for a reason and the only reason Tanne was in the playoffs is Henry ran the ball half the plays and had a strong D. No way can Hall carry that many times. Jimmy will struggle to find a team. No one is paying him 20 plus to play 5 games a year. I think Jimmy ends up back with the 49ers and starts the first few games until Purdy is back. Tanne will be a Saint and Sam Darnold will be the Panthers QB. 

Now with that said Carr has stated he wants to win now and is in no rush to make a decision. I think Carr wants the Jets bad and will wait to see if Rodgers goes their. Rodgers says no to us Carr signs within a few days. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I want Rodgers or Carr. If we miss on both this team will sink. I want nothing to do with Tanne or Jimmy. They are below average QB's that get hurt ALL the time. They will not even be healthy to play the playoff game and Wilson would have to start. 

I would rather go with Mike White, J. Winston or Baker Mayfield and let them fight it out with Wilson to start. Tanne was let go by Miami for a reason and the only reason Tanne was in the playoffs is Henry ran the ball half the plays and had a strong D. No way can Hall carry that many times. Jimmy will struggle to find a team. No one is paying him 20 plus to play 5 games a year. I think Jimmy ends up back with the 49ers and starts the first few games until Purdy is back. Tanne will be a Saint and Sam Darnold will be the Panthers QB. 

Now with that said Carr has stated he wants to win now and is in no rush to make a decision. I think Carr wants the Jets bad and will wait to see if Rodgers goes their. Rodgers says no to us Carr signs within a few days. 

This makes so much sense

Few things to note from Rodgers interview a couple days ago on the McAfee Show.

1. Any reporter making a report on him is BS. He says his close circle doesn't leak anything and doesn't talk to the big name guys making breaking news. So anything we read from these guys is more an opinion than facts. He himself these guys care more about being 1st rather than facts.

2. This "darkness" retreat is unrelated to his decision. He had this retreat for these dates 4 months ago. He's not going on this retreat to make a decision. It's just that he will announce his decision after. The retreat isn't to help him decide anything.

So here's my opinion on all this... He never brought up retirement. I think that that's not happening. I think for several reasons. He wants to try and get another ring so he just doesn't end his career with 1 from a decade ago. And he doesn't want to retire the same year as Brady.

I think he already knows what he wants to do. Just wanted to respect the teams in the SB and not steal anyone's thunder and wanted no stress while on this retreat. So he just will announce after. Wouldn't surprise me if he's had his inner circle contact the Jets and LV and say he wants a move. But respect his space until this retreat is over. And then we'll open up negotiations on a trade package for him. He himself has said he doesn't wan this thing top drag out. I actually could see a situation where his announcement of moving on is the actual trade. That he doesn't want the media to go crazy in those days to weeks for him to decide where. I think he might just want it to be a 1 and done breaking news thing.

Most of this is just opinion besides things he's 100% said on the McAfee show over the last week.

Something else to note in all this is that McAfee whos close with Rodgers thinks he goes to the Jets.

And I cant help but take notice to that smerk Woody has when Rodgers gets brought up and a few of our own players saying they know something.

I think he's coming here.

Just not sure I'll like the price to get him here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Except White couldn't stay healthy and Winston cant either. So it negates his point. 

That was my point. He doesn’t want Tannehill or Jimmy because they are “below average” and injury prone then says he prefers two QBs that are worse and also injury prone.