2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Thing it’s so uncharacteristic of Rodgers to play that way. Is it an anomaly or a sign of decline?

I’ll await a reply about Zach Wilson rather someone just having a discussion about those throws in particular.

What type of discussion would you like to have regarding Zach Wilson?

The front office sabatoged his development?

His lack of accountability?

No one would have played well behind the oline after like week 9?

He's only good at playing hero ball (questionable) and while he has the skill set to be an NFL QB he cant be a starter until he keeps the offense moving on time?

Without solid oline play and running game he cannot fuction?

Of the last 5 qbs drafted by the JETS in the first 2 rounds where does Zach Wilson rank

1) Mark Sanchez sabatoged his development.  See receiving corps after year 2 and oline play.

2) Sam Darnold not fantastic but he didnt have the talent we have now

3) Geno/Zach Geno was not good with us and neither has Zach

100)Hackenburg I think 97 other guys on the roster could have played better than he did.  Even if they never played QB.

Any other topics?

Edited by NYJETS52

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Carr is in control of the QB market. 

Listen I know alot of people want Rodgers.  I'm one of them.  If Carr had better tape with cold weather games I wouldn't be opposed to him.  He's 31 and could be our QB for the next 10 years.  Or at least gives us a chance to draft a QB in 2 or 3 years and groom him instead of botching another 1st rd qb.

Bahahahahahaha!!! It’s getting comical. Rodgers has probably the best TD to INT ratio in the history of the league or close to it and a guy out here putting all his INTs on here. All while let’s go through the list of QBs this year who are elite.

I also answer hat same guy about breaking down their season and bc I state facts that don’t support his line of thinking he just moves past it.

Mahomes: 12 INTs

Burrow: 12 INTs

Allen: 14 INTs

I guess those guys are trash as well. And oh yeah none of them had a broken finger on their throwing hand for over 1/2 the season.

Same guy out here defending Wilson with his 7 INTs in 9 games to MLF and others. With Wilson barely throwing the ball in most the games as well.

Also the same guy that said Gase wasn’t the problem.

Hahaha!!!

4 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

Listen I know alot of people want Rodgers.  I'm one of them.  If Carr had better tape with cold weather games I wouldn't be opposed to him.  He's 31 and could be our QB for the next 10 years.  Or at least gives us a chance to draft a QB in 2 or 3 years and groom him instead of botching another 1st rd qb.

People might like the idea of Rodgers bc of the short term. Yet we know nothing about the type of contract yet that Carr wants. He might want a lucrative contract for all we know for too long. Where it makes the short term plan to Rodgers more enticing. 

Just now, NYJETS52 said:

I'd be happy with either, but I need 2 years from Rodgers. He doesn't have to Brady it, but it would be nice. Rodgers is clearly the best QB, we just don't know if he wants to play or for how long. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

People might like the idea of Rodgers bc of the short term. Yet we know nothing about the type of contract yet that Carr wants. He might want a lucrative contract for all we know for too long. Where it makes the short term plan to Rodgers more enticing. 

One year later, Rodgers is retiring.  Hey, no 1st round no problem because we still have Zach Wilson whom you have been ridiculing with loathing.  Smart.

I’ll try and change up the subject.

Let’s say the cost is 2 2nd rounders for Rodgers and we make that trade. What would people’s thoughts be to go a step further and try and trade for Hopkins as well for a mid rounder? Cut some guys we were already going to and move some money around to afford it. Rodgers with Hopkins, GW, Moore, Hall, Conklin, Uzo and Mims could be nasty.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

One year later, Rodgers is retiring.  Hey, no 1st round no problem because we still have Zach Wilson whom you have been ridiculing with loathing.  Smart.

Tye thing with Rodgers is we all have no clue when he’s retiring. Literally none of us have a clue. He can retire on Monday or he could play 4 more years and play out his contract. We all have no clue.

It’s a complete guess to say he’s a 1 and done trade. There’s no facts to support that. It’s be the same as me saying he’s for sure playing 4 more years. I’d have no facts to support that.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Tye thing with Rodgers is we all have no clue when he’s retiring. Literally none of us have a clue. He can retire on Monday or he could play 4 more years and play out his contract. We all have no clue.

It’s a complete guess to say he’s a 1 and done trade. There’s no facts to support that. It’s be the same as me saying he’s for sure playing 4 more years. I’d have no facts to support that.

Hinting about retirement is always red flag.

I think the Carr cold weather stats is misleading. They never mentioned who he playing against in those games and who was on his offense at the time. It is a stat to look into, but I don't think the problem was him. 

Week 17, 2014 vs.  Broncos

40 degrees, 7 MPH winds.

This was against a Peyton Manning and a good defense. They won 11 games that year. This was Carr's rookie season. He had no talent around him that year. Of course he's going to struggle. 

Week 17, 2015 vs. Chiefs

37 degrees, 7 MPH winds

This Chiefs team won 9 straight and made it to the division game. This wasn't a trash team. The Raiders weren't a good team at this point. 

Week 14, 2016 vs. Chiefs

21 degrees, 7 MPH winds

Another playoff Chiefs team, but they barely beat the Raiders. 21-13. He struggled, but it was against good team. 

Week 16, 2017 vs. Eagles

29 Degrees, 15 MPH Winds

Eagles won 19-10. The same Eagles team that went to the SB and beat the Pats. 

2021 playoff game Vs Bengals

32 degrees. 

Had a solid game, but this was against the Bengals that went to the SB. 

That's just some of the games. So I'm interested in seeing a real breakdown on his cold weather struggles. I need to see if he was the problem or if its more. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll try and change up the subject.

Let’s say the cost is 2 2nd rounders for Rodgers and we make that trade. What would people’s thoughts be to go a step further and try and trade for Hopkins as well for a mid rounder? Cut some guys we were already going to and move some money around to afford it. Rodgers with Hopkins, GW, Moore, Hall, Conklin, Uzo and Mims could be nasty.

Hopkins fits what I'm looking for out of the next WR we add. I like the idea of adding someone who has been a #1 target before and still good enough to beat the average CB. He would be helpful against tough defenses, he could show Wilson how to prepare for the new defensive looks he's going to get, and he would force defenses to stay open. Without a good #2 WR defenses have to take seriously, all they have to do is load the box and send help towards Wilson. So I'm all for getting a vet like Hopkins.