2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And how much dead money if they trade him?

As for the Packers, they would take on $40,313,570 in dead money if they were to trade him. This is the prorated portion of the contract that comes from his $40.8 million bonus received last season and the remaining proration from a $14.26 million bonus from 2019 and a $14.465 million bonus from 2021. These costs do not travel to the new team.

An interesting option for Green Bay would be to delay the trade until after June 1, which would allow the Packers to split the dead money up as $15,833,570 in 2023 and $24,480,000 in 2024. In that scenario they would be required to carry Rodgers until June 1 at his current Packers cap charge of $31,623,570, which certainly does not help for free agency but would when it came time to sign rookies.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Exactly. So they have leverage if they aren’t getting the trade compensation they want they aren’t gonna just hand him over. He can go home and sit on the couch.

So if I'm JD I'm saying do you want this years 2nd and a conditional next year or no? If not, go after Lamar

Trade compensation has to be reached, there's even talk of the Jets sending a package of players, draft choices and assuming the entire financial responsibility.

Hearing on Youtube E.Moore, perhaps one of our TE's, Uzama?

But if the Jets take on the entire financial responsibility, then the draft choices should be minimal.

I think the Jets could swap positions in this years draft, the Jets dropping down to the 15th pick and GB to #13, giving a 3rd rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year which could go as high as 1 if the Jets win the S.B.

But if we're giving up players, than the draft compensation has to drop as well especially if the Jets eat the contract.

Only time will tell, but I suspect that the compensation will be revealed in the next week or two. GB doesn't want to drag this out and neither do the Jets

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Exactly. So they have leverage if they aren’t getting the trade compensation they want they aren’t gonna just hand him over. He can go home and sit on the couch.

We say this as the team getting him. Imagine we’re GB. As a fan base yoi ok sitting on this and paying a guy a ton of money for nothing. Trade him. Get the compensation.

I have no clue what the offer is right now. But clearly not good enough if it’s not official. We hold all the cards though. Wingo also says deal is 99% done. So I think it’s close

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We say this as the team getting him. Imagine we’re GB. As a fan base yoi ok sitting on this and paying a guy a ton of money for nothing. Trade him. Get the compensation.

I have no clue what the offer is right now. But clearly not good enough if it’s not official. We hold all the cards though. Wingo also says deal is 99% done. So I think it’s close

Ha imagine one of if not the best player in franchise history going on Pat McAfee once a week and slating your gm, owner, front office staff etc.

Gb need to make a deal as do we. This should get done very quickly and should be easy. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s not that simple. They have to spend the money regardless so they should get max compensation not just settle for say a 4th and a possible. Not when they have all the leverage in the deal. They could literally do nothing and be in the same position they’re now if he was to say he didn’t wanna play at all. 

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We got around 11M with 4 contracts we can work around (Q, Lawson, Whitehead and CD)

Joe gotta work some magic. I think Whitehead and CD are goners. If we extend Q and Lawson we can open up room to fill out the rest of the holes before the draft.

Free safety, Centre and defensive tackle need to be addressed. I was sure we would have brought a few guys in irrespective of the Rodgers deal.