2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If we miss out on the other good options and the price is right,  it's not crazy to look into.  I don't care how we find our QB or how much we spend, we need just need to get it done. 

What makes you think he can play QB?

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We have two options at OC

A retread who’s been fired before he’s failed to elevate the offense to a respectable standing 

A young guy who’s unproven but has proven to Saleh he deserves a shot.

At least it is not someone from defensive side. lol

• Like 1

My top 3 OC options are Olson, Marcus Brady, and Joe Brady

Marcus Brady is very interesting because he had to deal with a new QB every year and still helped boost their performance besides Matt Ryan. Brissett, Rivers, and Wentz looked better with him than they did the year before arriving. That's tough to do as a QB coach and OC. I really like his potential and I'm sure he learned a lot dealing with new vet QBs and he can use Hall the same way he used Taylor. 

I think Joe Brady didn't deserve the blame he got under Rhule, but I'm sure he learned a lot from that situation and being involved in the Bills offense this season. He was also an offensive assistant for 2 years under Sean Payton. This maybe the year it all comes together for him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

What makes you think he can play QB?

I liked him the draft and had him above Wilson. 

In 2021, his only bad game was against the undefeated Cardinals (at that moment). Looked good against the Texans and when he came into the Seattle game down 21-7, he drove them down field for two TDs. The defense couldn't get the final stop in the 4th. They lost 28-21. 

In 2022, He only played a game. It was rough, but it was only one game. Started off hot against Seattle and got hurt. 

If we miss out on the bigger targets, I have no problem taking a shot at him. I'd pair him with Olson's WC vertical style offense. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

My top 3 OC options are Olson, Marcus Brady, and Joe Brady

Marcus Brady is very interesting because he had to deal with a new QB every year and still helped boost their performance besides Matt Ryan. Brissett, Rivers, and Wentz looked better with him than they did the year before arriving. That's tough to do as a QB coach and OC. I really like his potential and I'm sure he learned a lot dealing with new vet QBs and he can use Hall the same way he used Taylor. 

I think Joe Brady didn't deserve the blame he got under Rhule, but I'm sure he learned a lot from that situation and being involved in the Bills offense this season. He was also an offensive assistant for 2 years under Sean Payton. This maybe the year it all comes together for him. 

I’d love Joe Brady. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Same way as Justin Fields can't play qb?

Fields has at least seen the field. Lance has started 4 games over two years. Add that to his limited playing time in college and he is as raw and unknown as can be. Hardly someone this team needs. 

I’m gonna say this.

The teams who have changed coaches have gotten better more often recently than the teams who went and got cast offs from other teams at QB.

Coaching really matters. This is not to say we don’t do anything at QB but that we are really underselling what a new offensive mind can bring to this team.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m gonna say this.

The teams who have changed coaches have gotten better more often recently than the teams who went and got cast offs from other teams at QB.

Coaching really matters. This is not to say we don’t do anything at QB but that we are really underselling what a new offensive mind can bring to this team.

Our offense in essence didn’t struggle. Our QB play struggled which in turn harnessed the offense. Could that have had a lot to do with MLF? 100% But I just can’t see a 180 from the OL and Wilson just bc we have a good OC and system.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Our offense in essence didn’t struggle. Our QB play struggled which in turn harnessed the offense. Could that have had a lot to do with MLF? 100% But I just can’t see a 180 from the OL and Wilson just bc we have a good OC and system.

I feel like 3 guys played well this year. Wilson, Hall and AVT. That’s how bad the coaching was.