2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Don't remember who it was on the radio but they talked about Brady and Gronk going to Vegas.  They said Brady knows the difficult McDaniels offense that puts a lot on the QB, hence Carr struggling this season.  @KingOfNewYorkMcDaniels hasn't done much outside of Tom Brady who is special and knows the offense in and out.  Would you not say Carr struggling with McDaniels isn't any different than all 3 QBs struggling with MLF?

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Can we get bullet points for those who don't have The Athletic?

-MLF believed Zach was holding the offense back, but agreed to try to adapt to him in year 2

-Adapting to Zach to MLF meant simplifying the offense, even instructing him to limit to 2 reads and then run (this actually shows up on film frequently).

- Zach is well liked but clear that a lot of the team agreed he was holding them back.

- speculation that MLF wasn't super supportive to Zach. Definitely lobbied for Mike White to play and was excited when Zach was benched.

-Saleh spent a lot of the season "putting out fires" regarding offensive struggles, disagreements about who should be playing QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

-MLF believed Zach was holding the offense back, but agreed to try to adapt to him in year 2

-Adapting to Zach to MLF meant simplifying the offense, even instructing him to limit to 2 reads and then run (this actually shows up on film frequently).

- Zach is well liked but clear that a lot of the team agreed he was holding them back.

- speculation that MLF wasn't super supportive to Zach. Definitely lobbied for Mike White to play and was excited when Zach was benched.

-Saleh spent a lot of the season "putting out fires" regarding offensive struggles, disagreements about who should be playing QB.

Now, it become clear it was JD that wanted MLF out.  JD protects his draftees.

Just now, JetsandI said:

You can't afford 24 dollar annually, too. lol.

It sounds like it was Wilson that killed us. 

This whole thing definitely feels like they just got the QB wrong, or at the very least just didn't prepare him well. I liked Zach a lot coming out but it hasn't worked so far. A lot of that is on him, but also sounds like the plan with him could have been handled better .

• Like 1

Sounds like MLF was a problem, Zach as well, but MLF is supposed to be the coach.  If this has any truth then I think Saleh has done a solid job navigating everything.  Fresh start with a new OC may save him, may save Zach.

Was MLF not involved in scouting and developing the offense with Zach in mind??? 

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

My business expenses are through the roof lol.  And I don't read it except for when people post something here.

Yeah.   The athletic site offers good stuffs but I feel like it just collects all information from internet and media to build articles.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Now, it become clear it was JD that wanted MLF out.  JD protects his draftees.

That's not the feeling I took away. The feeling I took away is that there was some internal disagreeing all year regarding the QB situation, and that basically wasn't going away so Saleh had to make a decision to move on from a very good coach who also probably was ready to move on. 

This whole thing definitely feels like they just got the QB wrong, or at the very least just didn't prepare him well. I liked Zach a lot coming out but it hasn't worked so far. A lot of that is on him, but also sounds like the plan with him could have been handled better .

Leadership fails within the organization. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sounds like MLF was a problem, Zach as well, but MLF is supposed to be the coach.  If this has any truth then I think Saleh has done a solid job navigating everything.  Fresh start with a new OC may save him, may save Zach.

Was MLF not involved in scouting and developing the offense with Zach in mind??? 

JD all the way.