2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

17 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Don't remember who it was on the radio but they talked about Brady and Gronk going to Vegas.  They said Brady knows the difficult McDaniels offense that puts a lot on the QB, hence Carr struggling this season.  @KingOfNewYorkMcDaniels hasn't done much outside of Tom Brady who is special and knows the offense in and out.  Would you not say Carr struggling with McDaniels isn't any different than all 3 QBs struggling with MLF?

I can agree with that. Just shows how vital coaching is which further validates my opinion that pairing Wilson with the right OC could get him where he needs to go.

If MLF stayed on as OC I wouldn’t have the same faith in Wilson getting his game together. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

MLF refusing to adapt the scheme and just being like we’ll run more is hilarious to actually read. Then looking at the pass attempts among QBs you just see dude never wanted to run the pill lmaooo Breece had single digit carries the first 3 weeks 

I tried to remember games but did you notice that Wilson and White played differently, scheme-wise?

Shanahan offense is all about to adjust scheme to meet qb's strength.

10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sounds like MLF was a problem, Zach as well, but MLF is supposed to be the coach.  If this has any truth then I think Saleh has done a solid job navigating everything.  Fresh start with a new OC may save him, may save Zach.

Was MLF not involved in scouting and developing the offense with Zach in mind??? 

Pretty sure it was a consensus on Wilson. MLF was one of the 3 at his pro day. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I tried to remember games but did you notice that Wilson and White played differently, scheme-wise?

Shanahan offense is all about to adjust scheme to meet qb's strength.

I noticed subtle things. For example, protection wise Zach got more max pro because he was often blitzed more, White got more 5 man routes, that’s why he was able to hit the Back and TEs more because they ran routes instead of blocked, opens up things for quick passes. They only had a single common opponent(Bills) so every game kinda has to be judged on the opponents coverages. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Maybe it was that but yeah the consensus was on Wilson it seemed from the moment Darnold got traded. 

I could not find information.  Hell with it.  All I know is that Wilson has talents to be NFL qb but needs a right coaching to achieve that success. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I could not find information.  Hell with it.  All I know is that Wilson has talents to be NFL qb but needs a right coaching to achieve that success. 

Not incorrect, but also have to admit it's not super likely that he'll be able to totally rewire and overcome some bad habits he developed the last couple of seasons. I cannot imagine a world where this staff is all in on him next season, because that will likely end up getting everyone fired. 

Saleh is right to say things about not giving up on him and to also actually not give up on him, but getting another guy in the room that can play has to be done.