2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Someone mentioned during the season that Wilson didn’t look like his normal self when using his legs. Makes a ton of sense now why the team didn’t run him more.

Yes he’s very athletic, I think we were seriously hit with a huge sh**storm this year with injuries and coaching falling apart. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Someone mentioned during the season that Wilson didn’t look like his normal self when using his legs. Makes a ton of sense now why the team didn’t run him more.

That could have also led to his mechanics being off. I have played injured for a sustained period before and it’s amazing how much the ‘normal’ things become impacted not just high explosive plays. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

That could have also led to his mechanics being off. I have played injured for a sustained period before and it’s amazing how much the ‘normal’ things become impacted not just high explosive plays. 

Except most his mistakes are mental mistakes. Lots of poor mechanics and such that even if we want to excuse those bc of “injury” so be it. But that has nothing to do with throwing to guys with 3 defenders around him.

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

there's the built in excuse for JD and Bob Salads when they strike out on Carr or Jimmy G.  they'll run it back with Zach and claim the "injuries" were to blame for his poor performance, that they love him and he's absolutely a starter in this league.

JD doesn’t seem the type to give excuses.

We could a decent change over at WR no real star WRs in this class so we could see some decent talent slip to that 2nd 3rd area. We move on from Davis and Berrios and sign a big QB and don’t have a ton of cap. I could see us going WR in that 2nd-4th range.

Rashee Rice is a guy I really like as well as Xavier Hutchinson

3 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

when you whiff on the #2 overall pick - there's gonna be excuses.

Not really. You stay rather quiet and say you believe in him (bc as of now he’s our only QB under contract and is the starter). But you go super aggressive for QB in FA or trade. Let’s say you land Carr. That’s the talk now. And when faced with a question about Wilson…. He only needs to reply in that they still believe in him and he’s going to do work to improve and be the next man up where the team has confidence in him. 

2 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

when you whiff on the #2 overall pick - there's gonna be excuses.

What is it with all these injuries Wilson, had all of a sudden, major knee repair high ankle sprain? How come all these injuries did not show up on the weekly injury report?

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We could a decent change over at WR no real star WRs in this class so we could see some decent talent slip to that 2nd 3rd area. We move on from Davis and Berrios and sign a big QB and don’t have a ton of cap. I could see us going WR in that 2nd-4th range.

Rashee Rice is a guy I really like as well as Xavier Hutchinson

I like Center/OL, DT, LB, Safety in that range over WR talent. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I like Center/OL, DT, LB, Safety in that range over WR talent. 

I see those as needs as well. But we have to see how FA goes to see what our needs are. I think we can bring back Rankins for cheap. And he was really good for us before he got injured. And I think we run it back with whitehead but with a big upgrade at FS to help him and allow him to play his game more. So I expect us to get that cover, ball hawk type FS

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I see those as needs as well. But we have to see how FA goes to see what our needs are. I think we can bring back Rankins for cheap. And he was really good for us before he got injured. And I think we run it back with whitehead but with a big upgrade at FS to help him and allow him to play his game more. So I expect us to get that cover, ball hawk type FS

I think we bring back Rankins and Thomas. I’ve stopped with mocks because it’s moot until we figure out who we are resigning and pursuing. But it’s an under the radar position I can see Saleh and JD drafting higher than we expect. 
FS is an absolute must. I prefer we draft a ballhawk but I’m also cool if we sign someone. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Except most his mistakes are mental mistakes. Lots of poor mechanics and such that even if we want to excuse those bc of “injury” so be it. But that has nothing to do with throwing to guys with 3 defenders around him.

Absolutely spot on. Some of those mental mistakes and stupid decisions is all upstairs with Zach.

What I would say is if he’s second guessing himself playing injured maybe just maybe that leads to the errors we’ve discussed. 

In an ideal world a complete revamp in the offensive room proves the turning point for him.

26 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think we bring back Rankins and Thomas. I’ve stopped with mocks because it’s moot until we figure out who we are resigning and pursuing. But it’s an under the radar position I can see Saleh and JD drafting higher than we expect. 
FS is an absolute must. I prefer we draft a ballhawk but I’m also cool if we sign someone. 

Issue in the draft is there’s no good ballhawk FS. It’s mostly in the box type guys. So FA might be the route we go. Just hard to gage how much money we’ll have. We could have a good amount if we make cuts. But all depends what we do at QB. Obviously we get a big name that’s a huge chunk of our cap.