2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

Absolutely spot on. Some of those mental mistakes and stupid decisions is all upstairs with Zach.

What I would say is if he’s second guessing himself playing injured maybe just maybe that leads to the errors we’ve discussed. 

In an ideal world a complete revamp in the offensive room proves the turning point for him.

I mean if someone is on the side of it’s not Zach completely. There’s loads of excuses to give him. Poor OC, OL play wasn’t the best after AVT and Hall got injured. Some drops. Bad play calling. And maybe just as simple as the offense being too hard where it’s no easy for an unpolished QB to grasp and go through his reads with confidence and have a simplified game plan for him.

But you watch him and he looks like a guy on the job that lied about his resume and is learning as if they know nothing on the fly. All goes back to why I never wanted him. I like a polished QB. Fields was rather polished. We saw what he can do last year. And that’s with no one around him. Imagine if he had our weapons and his smarts and style. We’d probably be playing today or tomorrow. And we’d be the new Bengals. There was just a ton of question marks with Zach. And those questions are proven to be facts. The bigger telling sign is how the locker room doesn’t seem to like him. How they embraced White and they way they talked about stuff. Tells a lot more than what we see as fans. They don’t want him under center. And no player is above the other 53. Especially when that player has been garbage.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Issue in the draft is there’s no good ballhawk FS. It’s mostly in the box type guys. So FA might be the route we go. Just hard to gage how much money we’ll have. We could have a good amount if we make cuts. But all depends what we do at QB. Obviously we get a big name that’s a huge chunk of our cap.

Chris Smith and Brandon Joseph. 

An interesting name to keep an eye on this off-season is Tyler Boyd. Both Higgins and Boyd are FA after the 2023 season. I can’t see them playing both along with having to give Chase big money right after. Maybe they look to move him this off-season and draft a guy in the higher rounds to replace him. Problem might be he might cost a decent amount. 

Most young guys get 3 years, in New York you get 2 and it’s trending towards 1 now. I’d like to see guys like Wilson, Mims and Moore under a new OC before a decision is made. 

At the same time we need to have veterans here to play in the likelihood they don’t show us enough to trust them. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It did though if you can see Wilson talent wise as a top War in the whole league that should’ve had 1500yds and 10tds 

It didn’t stop him from having a good season that’s all I said. Garrett had a good season, anything else is changing the debate.

Moore had a bad season because of MLF. We now know why he wasn’t getting the looks and snaps that Berrios was and we were questioning why Moore isn’t out there. But do with all the information pouring out what you will. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It didn’t stop him from having a good season that’s all I said. Garrett had a good season, anything else is changing the debate.

Moore had a bad season because of MLF. We now know why he wasn’t getting the looks and snaps that Berrios was and we were questioning why Moore isn’t out there. But do with all the information pouring out what you will. 

I do think a big part of it was Wilson as well. It was both at the end of the day. But I do think with a legit QB Moore can be a great player. Not elite like I see GW getting to. But great. Look at the 2021 Renfrow with Carr for example. Over 1k and 9tds

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think a big part of it was Wilson as well. It was both at the end of the day. But I do think with a legit QB Moore can be a great player. Not elite like I see GW getting to. But great. Look at the 2021 Renfrow with Carr for example. Over 1k and 9tds

Absolutely I agree, and what OC is going to come to the Jets when we don't even have a QB, why would any OC risk his job by coming here. The longer we wait to get a QB the longer this team will be in limbo.

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It depends on how heavy the passing attack is and how much the ball is getting spread around. 

If our approach is still balanced next year then we might only see slight jumps. 

Numbers wise

627 pass attempts (6th highest in the league)

57% completion percentage (worst in the league)

So if we got median league production (64%)

401 completions at our average YPC (11.3) that’s 4531 yards vs the 4040 yards we accumulated. That’s 491 additional yards.

Garrett had 1103 yards

Elijah had 446 yards

All Pro receivers had 1809(Jefferson), 1710(Hill), 1516(Adams), 1496(Brown), 1429(Diggs) and 1359(Lamb)

So let’s just say Wilson gets 257 of the 491 yards to beat out Lamb. That gives him 1360, possibly an All Pro second team nod. That leagues 234 yards to spread around Moore, Davis, Berrios, Conklin, etc… factor in a healthy Breece and maybe both their numbers drop due to us running more. 

It’s all irrelevant at the end of the day because winning matters most but it’s not as cut and dry as we make it seem. The thing that could change it is a more high powered offensive approach rather than one predicated on ball control and running the ball.