2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s the new OCs job to help with. Or are we no longer holding coaches accountable?

Of course it’s his job. Just the way you kind of worded it was as if Wilson automatically will be better next year just bc we have a new OC. That new OC could be worse for Wilson (if even possible) the same way he could be good for him.

Gor me I don’t want him even getting the opportunity to start. Go get a for sure starter over him and let him learn in the bench. No clue who that for sure starter might be. That starter gets injured I hope Wilson can show us something. But he’s done 0 to deserve a starting shot IMO.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hear you. What we want doesn’t matter though. I’m listening to what our owner, GM and HC have said this off-season. And we’re going big for a QB. So some come sit here and say all they want let’s try Wilson again. Let’s bring in someone average like Tannehill or Brissett. But if you listen to the FO, we’re doing something bigger. Doesn’t matter if we like the compensation for what it will take to get a Rodgers, Carr or whoever. That’s likely the way we’ll try and go all In.

Yeah, they are trying to save their jobs at the end of the day... future picks don't matter if they're not around to spend them.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have no clue that who our new OC is. Nevermind that Zach would be better under a new system. He doesn’t seem to process things fast at all. If I had to guess he’d be the exact same. So even if he made some ground mentally and mechanically. How slow he might process a brand new system… about evens it out for me. Nevermind that he’s likely no matter what. Not getting full starting reps. Because after all he didn’t earn them. Best case for him is we bring in someone average and he has a shot to win it. But I just can’t see that happening with the way our top 3 guys have talked this off-season. We’re doing something big. Not sure what though.

I'm with you on Zach 100%. I don't think a new OC can save him, in fact learning a new system at this point in his career might even set him back more (if that's even possible). 

33 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm with you on Zach 100%. I don't think a new OC can save him, in fact learning a new system at this point in his career might even set him back more (if that's even possible). 

Disagree. A system that's geared towards his strengths and is simplified in terminology should be more beneficial. Less thinking, more playing. If Gruden was his next coach then I'd be worried. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Disagree. A system that's geared towards his strengths and is simplified in terminology should be more beneficial. Less thinking, more playing. If Gruden was his next coach then I'd be worried. 

If he doesn't have it mentally, he doesn't have it. No scheme will fix that.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course it’s his job. Just the way you kind of worded it was as if Wilson automatically will be better next year just bc we have a new OC. That new OC could be worse for Wilson (if even possible) the same way he could be good for him.

Gor me I don’t want him even getting the opportunity to start. Go get a for sure starter over him and let him learn in the bench. No clue who that for sure starter might be. That starter gets injured I hope Wilson can show us something. But he’s done 0 to deserve a starting shot IMO.

If the opportunity is there I'm sure they'll get a guy who can start games or has started games. But you cant just not give a player on this team an opportunity to start. You should want the best guys to play. If by some chance that's him he should be under center. I dont see how anyone can disagree with that. 

You can believe it wont happen, thats fine but you should support his growth if he's earned the job. 

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

If he doesn't have it mentally, he doesn't have it. No scheme will fix that.

Information overload is a problem with young Quarterbacks, the good teams limit how much they put on their plates for that very reason.  The right teacher will help you learn in a way that helps you reach your potential, the wrong teacher will blame you. 

Zach didn't get drafted #2 overall because he doesn't have it mentally, he works too hard for that to be true. There was a clear disconnect with MLF, he deserves a second chance with someone who's a better teacher. 

27 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If the opportunity is there I'm sure they'll get a guy who can start games or has started games. But you cant just not give a player on this team an opportunity to start. You should want the best guys to play. If by some chance that's him he should be under center. I dont see how anyone can disagree with that. 

You can believe it wont happen, thats fine but you should support his growth if he's earned the job. 

100% in an ideal world maybe we sign a great QB and somehow that guy gets injured and Wilson shows he’s the guy for us when starting. But that’s a lot of things that have to happen. I want every player on this team to do good. But you can’t make wine out of water. Wikson has been given plenty of opportunity which is what most guys have as a struggle in this league. He was privileged that. And has done nothing in 2 years with that. When guys who shouldn’t even be on the roster in White and a wager duo vet in Flacco are out playing you… it’s hugely worrisome. And I have 0 faith in him. 0. Doesn’t mean I don’t like him or want him to do bad. I’ve just seen him play and I don’t like what I see. He might look better in a new system but going from the worst starting QB to bottom 5 is still awful.

Saw this stat the other day.

Jets OL when Wilson was starting…. 30th in pressure rate and 25th in sack rate.

Jets OL with Flacco or White starting… 9th in pressure rate and 6th in sack rate.

Not saying OL shouldn’t be addressed. But just having a good QB back there would help us a ton. Package that with AVT and Becton returning. And the offense doesn’t need as much work as we think if we can get a QB

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Saw this stat the other day.

Jets OL when Wilson was starting…. 30th in pressure rate and 25th in sack rate.

Jets OL with Flacco or White starting… 9th in pressure rate and 6th in sack rate.

Not saying OL shouldn’t be addressed. But just having a good QB back there would help us a ton. Package that with AVT and Becton returning. And the offense doesn’t need as much work as we think if we can get a QB

They were getting the ball out faster but the offense still wasn’t moving how it should. The OL also was doing nothing in the run game for us and that’s with all 3 at QB.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Information overload is a problem with young Quarterbacks, the good teams limit how much they put on their plates for that very reason.  The right teacher will help you learn in a way that helps you reach your potential, the wrong teacher will blame you. 

Zach didn't get drafted #2 overall because he doesn't have it mentally, he works too hard for that to be true. There was a clear disconnect with MLF, he deserves a second chance with someone who's a better teacher. 

He definitely deserves the chance to compete. The QB1 spot is up for grabs. I still am anxious to see if he makes significant improvements this offseason and how he comes into camp. There was definitely a disconnect but Zach's issues only begin with the OC, they don't stop there.