2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

If he will play, Packers will pick up extra 9m dead money if they move him by June 1 but Packers are already over the cap by 25m. Moving him will require a bunch of adjustments on salary cap.

Not really.  Also, not sure where you're getting the $25M over the salary cap.  I've seen anywhere between $16.5M-$17.5M over the cap, not including their draft picks.  Max restructure Aaron Jones and restructure Jaire Alexander's roster bonus, and they're below the cap.  And since any Aaron Rodgers trade can't be completed until the new year, they can make other moves to create more cap space to take on the additional Rodgers' cap.  They could salary dump Darnell Savage, extend/restructure Kenny Clark, and restructure any of their other expensive veterans.  There's enough wiggle room that Green Bay can move him.

Just now, JetsandI said:

49ers will opt Brady because he is UFA.  Easy transaction.

Yeah, I can see it happening but it will be interesting to see if they would rather have Brady at this point of his Career or resign Jimmy who has led them to the SB before. 

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

You're hurting your own argument.  You are of the mindset that Jimmy G gets us to the playoffs with our flawed team but are saying you'll eat crow if Rodgers gets us past the divisional round.  So Jimmy gets us to the playoffs but Rodgers doesn't get us past the divisional round which by default means Jimmy=Rodgers which is massively flawed logic.  

If Jimmy makes this team a playoff team than Rodgers elevates this team even more because he's notably better even at 39.  How much better is debatable for sure but championship game better?  If that's the case then any given Sunday and I'll take my chances with Rodgers when just a play here or there are thee difference in a game.  I trust Rodgers to make that play and not Jimmy G.  If that's not worth a mid 2nd and a conditional 1st (likely late 1st assuming we are playoff bound) then not sure what else to say. 

I don’t want Rodgers if it’s going to cost a 1st round pick plus. That’s really all you need to understand. I’m sorry you disagree with it, but that’s the internet. Just like we disagreed on Zach Wilson 

5 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

What's the state of your guys OL? 

Bakh and Rodgers are best friends and Rodgers has made it clear he enjoys playing with his pals. Bakh looks finally back to form from his torn knee. 

A package of Rodgers+Bakh would fit both teams

2023: 1st and 2nd
2024: 1st and 3rd
2025: conditional 3rd that goes to a 2nd if Rodgers plays 50%+ snaps and a 1st if they make it to the conference championship  

With Packers eating a significant portion of dead cap for Rodgers and Bakh, Jets should have enough money to fill out any other holes in FA. 

I'd absolutely want an arm and a leg if you're getting an elite LT and QB for less than $35M.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Not really.  Also, not sure where you're getting the $25M over the salary cap.  I've seen anywhere between $16.5M-$17.5M over the cap, not including their draft picks.  Max restructure Aaron Jones and restructure Jaire Alexander's roster bonus, and they're below the cap.  And since any Aaron Rodgers trade can't be completed until the new year, they can make other moves to create more cap space to take on the additional Rodgers' cap.  They could salary dump Darnell Savage, extend/restructure Kenny Clark, and restructure any of their other expensive veterans.  There's enough wiggle room that Green Bay can move him.

the number changed.  Last time I checked it was 25m. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the trade is something along the lines of a 2023 2nd and 2024 2nd if he plays 75% of the snaps, can go to a 1st if Rodgers doesn’t retire after 2023 and goes to a 3rd if he does.

First off, I don't think you're particularly close for Green Bay.  They're going to want more than just a pair of SRPs for a former MVP.  Secondly, the conditional part of the second pick can't/won't happen because there's nothing stopping Rodgers from "retiring" before the draft, and then "changing his mind" after.

Just now, CWood21 said:

First off, I don't think you're particularly close for Green Bay.  They're going to want more than just a pair of SRPs for a former MVP.  Secondly, the conditional part of the second pick can't/won't happen because there's nothing stopping Rodgers from "retiring" before the draft, and then "changing his mind" after.

Question.  Are you absolutely sure that Rodgers will in fact play in 2023?  Don't think or guess or whatever that suggests he already gets new girlfriend from NYC.  lol.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Question.  Are you absolutely sure that Rodgers will in fact play in 2023?  Don't think or guess or whatever that suggests he already gets new girlfriend from NYC.  lol.

I'm pretty damn confident that he's playing in 2023.  In fact, I feel pretty damn confident he's playing in 2024 as well.  He's said multiple times that he wants to play into his mid-40's.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t want Rodgers if it’s going to cost a 1st round pick plus. That’s really all you need to understand. I’m sorry you disagree with it, but that’s the internet. Just like we disagreed on Zach Wilson 

I mean, good luck finding a legitimate franchise QB that doesn't cost at least one FRP.