2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

31 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Acquiring Rodgers will mean Jets to cover 17m cap for him in 2023 without voidable years. That would make 19m over the cap.

We have to restructure Lawson, Mosley, and whoever to get under the cap.  Wait a minute they suck, cut them and we don't have good picks to make up for those spots.

We don't have C and RT entering new league year.

Oh I forget, we need to modify some more on roster cap to cover picks and depth.

Are you sure that after having Rodgers, we are complete team? 

Holy Moley!  Rodgers call it quits after 2023 season, we suck up 3/4 of his dead money in 2024.

Did we forget about Vinny T?  We had him and Bill Parcels smelled SB and Vinny T knocked out of the season by injury.  Jets crashed.   We had Favre.  Whoo!!  Whoo!! Favre suffered arm injury and played thru it. Jets crashed and burned.   That is okay beacuse Rodgers who had 2 broken collars, thumb and leg in his career will change that.  

Forget it.

Lawson was great to you and worth keeping? I rate Huff higher. So ya cutting Lawson is no biggy. We have JJ, JFM, Huff and Clemons. What about cutting Davis and Berrios that pretty much covers Rodgers cap hit? I like Mosley. Id rather see us restructure him again than cut him.

How about Im how our already elite D gets even better by the offense actually scoring and having long drives?

How about getting 2 1st round OLineman back?

How about great QB play? We haven’t even had below average QB play.

So ya I’ll take trading for Rodgers all day

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Would love to help Woody sell the franchise and I am not alone.

Why are you a fan enough to go on a Jets forum then? You’re about done with the team…. Yet go on a forum daily to talk jets? Something doesn’t add up.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What some of you “see” with Jimmy G…. Yet don’t see with Rodgers if baffling. 

The difference is the cost of doing business. If “competent” QB play would have had the Jets in the playoffs why mortgage your future for a guy who’s almost 40 and will probably only be around a year? Take the younger guy, who’s proven to be able to lead his teams the playoffs without giving up picks. Simple. 

• Like 1