2023 NFL Playoffs Talk

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t know what people want? He grabbed him when he went out of his break. It wasn’t egregious but it’s a penalty. Considering we pretty much missed the playoffs because the refs decided to swallow their whistles I’m glad they called the penalty. It’s sucks for the eagles, the game because it was so good and for the official making the call but you can’t just say “you can’t make that call at that point in the game”. Just an absurd way to look at penalties. 

Yeah, I pointed this out to a VERY salty Iggles fan I know. Here's what I said. 

refs missed it earlier when he did it to Juju. Killed a KC drive. Refs also reversed the fumble recovery for TD that was a clear fumble. 

This wasnt on refs.

Philly, with that pass rush, generated ZERO sacks all game.

Philly defense looked like hot garbage in the 2nd half, including when they went Cover 0 on two RZ plays and KC got TDs on both of them with wide open receivers.

Philly special teams crapped the bed at the end with the Toney return.

Philly owns this loss. Two holding calls (1 missed and 1 called) didnt decide this game

Also I disagreed with the overturning of that second KC TD. 

The catch/fumble KC TD overturned was a bogus call too. According to the rules it's a catch and fumble. The timing aspect discussed on the broadcast only applies if the player hasn't performed an act common to the game. The rule:

a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), OR he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 6:26 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Eagles fans did not take this SB loss very well.

😁

They didn’t take it gracefully either, but that’s to be expected bc it’s Philly fans. They’ve had some great players & still do who are good young men, but their fans are the worst.