The Last Of Us - HBO ***Learned People Only***

Ty21

I’m not reading spoilers for the show but the season 1 coverage implies it’s going to cover all of of Game 1.   Knowing that there are 2 character driven eps that’s really surprising to me.   

Realizing this thread is for those who’ve played the game but may not be spoiled, I’ll tag my future season explanations…

Spoiler

I wonder if the reason to speed through Game 1 with 1 season isn’t to hook the crowd - but because Pedro Pascal is only signed for 1 season and then limited work for S2.  It’s obviously a big commit to keep doing this and Mandalorian and keep any other options open.  

Edited by Broncofan

On 1/16/2023 at 1:12 AM, Ty21 said:

I really liked the pilot. Idk how it’ll land with the people coming in blind. Pacing so far parallels the game. Even the “how did you pay for this?” “I sell drugs. Hardcore drugs” lines stayed the same.

-I’m not sure they could’ve cast Joel better without casting Troy Baker again.

-The daughter death scene was hard again and emotional even though I knew it was coming. They didn’t really draw that scene out though.
-I laughed when I saw the dude from Rampage in it (edgy school shooter type guy movie) to play Robert. They should’ve given him a little more screen time as the first antagonist from the game

-a touch of the why it happened tickles my fancy, I didn’t love zombie movies back in the day that just thrust it upon you without explaining the whys

-Ellie actress isn’t bad so far, she has some Ellen page brusque feistiness to her 

-I feel like I’ve never known more about a show or what is going to happen in it beforehand 

GOT and Red Wedding - the online recorded reactions of family members by ppl who knew what was coming was insane.  

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I’m not reading spoilers for the show but the season 1 coverage implies it’s going to cover all of of Game 1.   Knowing that there are 2 character driven eps that’s really surprising to me.   

Realizing this thread is for those who’ve played the game but may not be spoiled, I’ll tag my future season explanations…

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if the reason to speed through Game 1 with 1 season isn’t to hook the crowd - but because Pascsl is only signed for 1 season and then limited work for S2.  It’s obviously a big commit to keep doing this and Mandolorian and keep any other options open.  

I haven't been reading spoilers for the show either although I did accidentally read when we're going to see Bill so I  know when to expect that. Per your spoiler tag; that is disappointing. I hope they don't rush through this season and still give us the details the game has. I know there's a lot of areas they could omit from the show that did take some time though but that might've just been b/c I liked to wander as much as possible. They could definitely get two seasons out of the second game though, no question. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

41 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Neil Druckmann confirmed season 2 will cover game 2. The show is going to move wayyyy too fast 

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That’s nuts.  Game2 could easily go 2 seasons. 

Actually, I think you got inaccurate info - Druckmann said he didn't see the series going beyond 3 seasons....for LOU1 & LOU2.   Courtesy of @BobbyPhil1781   I think we're getting 2 seasons for Ep2, which given the sheer size of the story, makes sense.

https://gizmodo.com/last-of-us-hbo-length-left-behind-dlc-neil-druckmann-1849945355

Spoiler

FWIW, I don't think they'd do an Ellie perspective season and then an Abbie season, think the eps might alternate, but they'd get to the midway point for Ep2 (IE end of Day 2 Seattle) for S2, and then finish the 2nd half with both perspectives for S3.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Watched the intro to the first game. The episode was great but this was much better from the drive to Sarah’s death. More tension and exposure to the creatures. In the show it felt kinda rushed and the airplane part taking the truck out was less visually impressive than a vehicle would’ve been 

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Watched the intro to the first game. The episode was great but this was much better from the drive to Sarah’s death. More tension and exposure to the creatures. In the show it felt kinda rushed and the airplane part taking the truck out was less visually impressive than a vehicle would’ve been 

I feel like they did the airplane path bc the car thing has been so overused lately. Just a hunch. Regardless, I'm good with it bc it was so visually appealing